LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 330 users in the forums

Which Stanford players do you think best fit this team?

I honestly don't think that they will get any of the stanford players. the ones like sua and maeric can be good but i don't know if they are worth it considering where they would need to be drafted. in my own mock i considered them all but didn't like the value. in the end i could possibly see us grabbing maybe some offensive lineman in the late rounds or signing some of the players that don't get drafted. maybe the center because of the baas situation and maybe a replacement for chilo.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Fits:

-Sherman fits well as DB depth.

-Fua fits well as the not-so-athletic-or-big NT, but is a guy that can play with strong leverage at NT.

-Keiser fits well as a rotational OLB, but I don't know if we have all that much room for those. We need starters.

-Missing from your list is OT Derek Hall, a riser in the draft this year due to strong play. He'll likely be a 5th-6th round guy who could develop into a solid NFL player. He's a good fit at RT.

Maybe not:

-Marecic is a question mark. Tons of heart, but I think he might struggle some in blitz pick-up and lead blocking in the NFL. Something about him just worries me. I think there are some better fits out there.

I would add Chase Beeler to the FIT list. He would be a good addition as a interior C/OG swingman.

Marecic does not appear physical enough to me to completely succeed at the next level. His measureables are fine, but I don't see any explosive abilities that would lead me to drafting him as our new FB.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Fits:

-Fua fits well as the not-so-athletic-or-big NT, but is a guy that can play with strong leverage at NT.

-Keiser fits well as a rotational OLB, but I don't know if we have all that much room for those. We need starters.

-Missing from your list is OT Derek Hall, a riser in the draft this year due to strong play. He'll likely be a 5th-6th round guy who could develop into a solid NFL player. He's a good fit at RT.

Maybe not:

-Marecic is a question mark. Tons of heart, but I think he might struggle some in blitz pick-up and lead blocking in the NFL. Something about him just worries me. I think there are some better fits out there.

I would add Chase Beeler to the FIT list. He would be a good addition as a interior C/OG swingman.

Marecic does not appear physical enough to me to completely succeed at the next level. His measureables are fine, but I don't see any explosive abilities that would lead me to drafting him as our new FB.

Beeler would fit, correct, but I just didn't add him because I can't see him being drafted any earlier than with a 7th round flier. He could stand to add a little more weight and strength.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Fits:

Maybe not:

Marecic will transition nicely to the pros, he's got the grit and the brains to succeed, but I think for a WCO FB he just isn't athletic enough to be anything other than "run straight and hit the first person in the hole"-type FB.

If we were to get any FB, I would be willing to spend a 3rd on Havili. A bit undersized, but he has the most athleticism and versatility of any FB in the draft. He could be out re-incarnation of Rathman if he puts on a little more weight.
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Don't forget Konrad Reuland. He's a TE who's under the radar right now, but could be a better fit as our 3rd TE than Nate Byham...not to mention he knows Harbaugh's system/language, making him a little more valuable than NB considering the potential shortened off-season.

Hasn't Byham done great in blocking though?

Not sure "great" is a word I'd use to describe Byham's blocking. He's not terrible, but a little competition wouldn't hurt him either.
Really want Marecic, the guy is intense and a gamer, he's going to be one of those players that teams will be kicking themselves over not drafting. With the 49ers recent track record of picks in the 3rd round, I wouldn't mind them taking a shot at him then or in the 4th. A high-octane, big motor fullback would be a great addition to the offense Harbaugh wants here.
Nate Davis
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Charles Clay Tulsa 4th rd.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Riot:
Andrew Luck.
Shane Skove

Share 49ersWebzone