LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 411 users in the forums

krizay mock 2.0

• krizay
  • Veteran
1st round: Von Miller- OLB, Texas A & M
2nd Round: Christian Ponder- QB, FSU (traded 2nd rounder in 2011 and 2012, plus 5th round pick in 2011 to move up to #33 with the Patriots who continue to compile future draft picks.)
3rd Round: Jerrell Powe- DT, Ole Miss
4th round (a): Greg Romeus, DE/OLB, Pitt
4th round (b): Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah St.
5th round: traded to New England
6th round (a): Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond
6th round (b): Chris Neild, DT, WVU
7th round: Dione Lewis, RB, Pitt or Dane Sanzenbacher WR, Ohio St. or Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri St. or Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo

Top priority free agents
#1 Chris Dieker, QB, Southern Illinois
#2 Brandon Saine, RB, Ohio St.
#3 Chase Beeler, C, Stanford
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Sorry but trading away 3 draft picks to move up 6 spots for Ponder when he would have just fallen to us in the 2nd had we just sat there and let him is indefensible.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Sorry but trading away 3 draft picks to move up 6 spots for Ponder when he would have just fallen to us in the 2nd had we just sat there and let him is indefensible.

I probably wouldn't trade away picks for him but I wouldn't mind getting him. He's pretty good and a little underrated. Von Miller maybe. He may be a little overrated. But he's not bad.
Ponder would be a good pick but there is absolutely no reason to trade up for him.
Making Ponder the only Offensive player picked before the 7th round doesn't give our new coach much to work with on that side of the ball, and giving away next year's 2nd to move up for him seems krizay. Some really good picks, though, on defense. Miller's more than "not bad." I do think we're in an odd bind because we need a QB but probably can't take one with the 7th pick, so we better find somebody in the 2nd or 3rd. It'll be a nerve-wracking 2nd day.
LOVE the first 2 picks but we can't wait till the 4th to address the corner position. Unless you assume we land Nnamdi.

Um. Ponder could easily go in the 1st so yes this trade would be a steal, FOR US.

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Um. Ponder could easily go in the 1st so yes this trade would be a steal, FOR US.

but he obviously doesnt because you have us getting him in the second (nevermind just assumed it was the post creator who responded to that my bad)......a fifth is fairly meaningless to me but 2 seconds for a qb in this draft is not worth it...im all up for moving BACK INTO the second but moving up is pretty poor decision

no way we pass up round 3 without a corner unless the CBA is resolved and we landed a starter in FA

[ Edited by TalkinBoutWILLIS on Feb 1, 2011 at 18:30:28 ]
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:

but he obviously doesnt because you have us getting him in the second (nevermind just assumed it was the post creator who responded to that my bad)......a fifth is fairly meaningless to me but 2 seconds for a qb in this draft is not worth it...im all up for moving BACK INTO the second but moving up is pretty poor decision

no way we pass up round 3 without a corner unless the CBA is resolved and we landed a starter in FA

it's really just a swap of 2nds this year and a 2nd next yr. The 5th is meaningless.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:

it's really just a swap of 2nds this year and a 2nd next yr. The 5th is meaningless.

No pick is meaningless, but I wouldn't mind this draft at all. We targeted certain players and got them. Ponder looks good, but needs to prove he's not an injury liability. If Quinn is available for the 7th, I'd rather have him.
Originally posted by genus49:
Ponder would be a good pick but there is absolutely no reason to trade up for him.

Agreed.
I think it's a good mock.

The thing about the quarterback is, Harbaugh will probably have a favorite, whoever that favorite is, we are going to have to reach for him because there are 3-4 teams ahead of us who want a quarterback prospect just as badly as we do.

Its not going to make fans happy, but I think we will have to trade up even farther than this to get our guy.

Maybe Harbaugh likes a bunch of quarterbacks equally, so we can just take whichever one happens to fall to us, but I doubt that is going to be the case.
Share 49ersWebzone