LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 312 users in the forums

As Expected; Myself and jreff's Top 28 Mock

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Mallett #4. LMAO. Is this is just a mock to get Peterson to fall to the Niners? Well lets hope Cincy is that stupid and the Niners have their choice of Gabbert or Peterson. Highly doubtful though.

I think Mallet has a great shot at being the first QB taken, especially by the Cardinals.

I dont see a much of a chance that Cincy takes Mallett. I disagree with Maddog as well that the Bengels will select a QB in this spot. However, if they do I believe Gabbert will be the guy.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Bowers wont fit in a 3-4 sheme with all that I have read, the D that the Bills run.....butwith Fairly and Marcel gone....they may want to go 4-3 with the Bowers pick.

Bowers is almost identical in size to Justin Smith, with room to grow.

Then his talents would be useless in a 3-4 then.
Bowers wont fit in a 3-4 sheme with all that I have read, the D that the Bills run.....butwith Fairly and Marcel gone....they may want to go 4-3 with the Bowers pick.

Smith just made the probowl, and is an impact player on the D. Would you complain having another of him on the other side?
Looks reasonable
i dont see why Bowers cant be a 3-4 end, he like justin said has the frame of Justin Smith. And is a pass rusher, makes a great player in the 3-4 IMO.

Smith just made the probowl, and is an impact player on the D. Would you complain having another of him on the other side?

Having a 4-3 DE that moves to the 3-4 in the NFL his rookie year is alot to ask for....first of all 3-4 DE's occupy blockers so LBs make the plays....second of all it takes a few years for a DL (especially a 3-4 DE to get comfortable with the system). If the Bills move to a 4-3 D, that makes sense....but a 3-4 DE? No way.
Like I said all the scouting reports I have read say that he would be awesome in a 4-3 which is what he has always played.

Justin Smith, is a Jack of All Trades....Bowers Talent is Pass Rushing and making plays....not what a 3-4 DE does.

Again if Buffalo switches to a 4-3, this pick is a homerun. They want to stay with a 3-4 though...from what I read, although they did switch to 4-3 some as well ala Nolan.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jan 18, 2011 at 6:59 PM ]
Personally, I think if the top 2 picks went as you say then Buffalo would pass on Bowers and take Peterson at #3. I think they would want the premier shutdown corner over a guy best suited for a 4-3. This would make the Bengels VERY happy as they would run to the podium to select Bowers at #4.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Personally, I think if the top 2 picks went as you say then Buffalo would pass on Bowers and take Peterson at #3. I think they would want the premier shutdown corner over a guy best suited for a 4-3. This would make the Bengels VERY happy as they would run to the podium to select Bowers at #4.

they have a very talented secondary as it is...they have to find where to play him....they need DL Bad....and a pass rusher...again it would make sense if they took Bowers to play a 4-3....he would waste away in a 3-4. But your right.
Like I said all the scouting reports I have read say that he would be awesome in a 4-3 which is what he has always played.

Justin Smith, is a Jack of All Trades....Bowers Talent is Pass Rushing and making plays....not what a 3-4 DE does.

Again if Buffalo switches to a 4-3, this pick is a homerun. They want to stay with a 3-4 though...from what I read, although they did switch to 4-3 some as well ala Nolan.

He can play DE in the 4-3 or 3-4, versatility matters and he has it. He will also gain more man weight once he hits a pro weight room. He can put on 10-15lbs of muscle easily, 6'4 290 is solid for a DE in any system.

Your optimism is showing.

How can you have your top ranked player overall going at #7?

(Not that I wouldn't love it if it happened.) Are 6 other teams in the NFL that stupid?
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

(Not that I wouldn't love it if it happened.) Are 6 other teams in the NFL that stupid?

ranking and draft placement are 2 different things

Sure, but you're saying that 6 other NFL teams also think there are better players/bigger needs than one of the best CB prospects in years? And by your own ranking, he could be the best prospect in the draft.

I just don't see how he possibly falls to us. I guess anything is possible, but I'd be thrilled and shocked if either of the top two CBs fell to us, let alone Peterson.

Sure, but you're saying that 6 other NFL teams also think there are better players/bigger needs than one of the best CB prospects in years? And by your own ranking, he could be the best prospect in the draft.

I just don't see how he possibly falls to us. I guess anything is possible, but I'd be thrilled and shocked if either of the top two CBs fell to us, let alone Peterson.

Cost is a major issue, would you pay $68 million to a CB?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I will suck my own dick if we get Peterson.

Share 49ersWebzone