LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 236 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch: December 18 - 28

@OTC
hey im seeing alot of supporters for getting a WR in the draft, and im not against it, but you seem to know alot of the talent that is out there. What CB's should i be keeping a watch for? aside from P. Peterson i dunno about to many out there..
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
@OTC
hey im seeing alot of supporters for getting a WR in the draft, and im not against it, but you seem to know alot of the talent that is out there. What CB's should i be keeping a watch for? aside from P. Peterson i dunno about to many out there..

Here are some names to look out for:

Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - big physical corner, lockdown talent with pretty good speed.
Jimmy Smith, Colorado - big, physical corner
Davon House, New Mexico St.
Ras-I Dowling, Virginia -- big, physical corner
Ryan Jones, NW Missouri State - Dominant Small school corner, but can he translate the success to the pros?
Brandon Harris, Miami * -- Underclassman with a great deal of raw talent. Instinctive, with a quick break on the ball.

That's a rough, quick summary of some top prospects. Aside from R.Jones, most of those players fall within the 1st-3rd round projection range.
Bumped for Updated list -- Enjoy the game, and Merry Christmas!
Got something against the Hawaii Bowl???
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
@OTC

Here are some names to look out for:

Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - big physical corner, lockdown talent with pretty good speed.
Jimmy Smith, Colorado - big, physical corner
Davon House, New Mexico St.
Ras-I Dowling, Virginia -- big, physical corner
Ryan Jones, NW Missouri State - Dominant Small school corner, but can he translate the success to the pros?
Brandon Harris, Miami * -- Underclassman with a great deal of raw talent. Instinctive, with a quick break on the ball.

That's a rough, quick summary of some top prospects. Aside from R.Jones, most of those players fall within the 1st-3rd round projection range.

Really like Prince & J. Smith
Though not necessarily a bowl, does anyone remember the annual Blue Gray Classic they used to play on Christmas day? It was a north/south college all-star game; in fact I think Jerry Rice played in it back in the 80's.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

ya wtf... Salas
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

ya wtf... Salas

Alex Green!!!

And Rolovich should've went with the run more in this game, Moniz was just throwing the game away.....that dumbass.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Though not necessarily a bowl, does anyone remember the annual Blue Gray Classic they used to play on Christmas day? It was a north/south college all-star game; in fact I think Jerry Rice played in it back in the 80's.

Yeah I think I made a post about it a couple years ago. It was a great Christmas tradition growing up.

And yes, Jerry Rice was the MVP of the game!

Sorry fellas.. I didn't realize until late last night I mixed up the games and posted the wrong one. I'll go ahead and add the list now, even though the game is past. Total goof on my part. Sorry about that.

Merry Christmas, folks.

Gabbert on Tuesday and Locker on Thursday?
Good game between FIU and Toledo going on right now. OC Kowalski a guy to keep an eye on -- doing a great job out there tonight. With the second broken leg to Heitmann, and barrage of various injuries to Baas (and his inconsistencies this year), we're almost positively going to look at a new center.

I can't remember the last time I saw a snap as bad as Baas' New Orleans game snap, and today he shot off a tumbler...

There are some pretty good centers available this year in the draft.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 26, 2010 at 20:24:42 ]
Good game between FIU and Toledo going on right now. OC Kowalski a guy to keep an eye on -- doing a great job out there tonight. With the second broken leg to Heitmann, and barrage of various injuries to Baas (and his inconsistencies this year), we're almost positively going to look at a new center.

I can't remember the last time I saw a snap as bad as Baas' New Orleans game snap, and today he shot off a tumbler...

Wait Heitmann broke both of his legs? I thought he had a neck injury
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Wait Heitmann broke both of his legs? I thought he had a neck injury

A few years back, he broke his right. He broke his other leg this year, then he hurt his neck when he got healthy enough to play again. Two broken legs + Neck injury = Time for a new Center.
Is the other Pouncey brother projected to be a center?
Share 49ersWebzone