LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 227 users in the forums

Warming up to drafting Clausen...

Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I havent broken down film

of course you haven't...

anyone here who tries to say they have, sitting around watching DVR'd games is retarded.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
I havent broken down film

of course you haven't...

anyone here who tries to say they have, sitting around watching DVR'd games is retarded.

wait, what? you don't do this on the reg?!
or even Tebow or Colt McCoy for that matter.

Clausen and an OT in the first and a CB or RB who can also return kicks would be a nice first 2 rounds. Look, I havent broken down film on Clausen or watched every Notre Dame game, but Alex Smith and David Carr are not the answer. And honestly, Nate Davis, although a Webzone favorite like PJ Fleck, Taylor Jacobs, and Zak Keasey, is an unknown quantity. It's time this team had a fiery (maybe even cocky) leader at the most important position and I'd be willing to roll the dice on Clausen.

Tim Tebow.

During any and every Tebow conversation, I've felt adamant that he would not be a good pro QB. I'm still hesitant, but boy, you really can't deny this kid's leadership and determination. He's doing everything in his power before the draft to prove he can play QB at the next level. And almost everything he needs work on is teachable. Maybe he doesn't need to sit 2 or 3 years like some are suggesting. Maybe 1 year sitting and learning will be enough, especially if the Niners can turn into NY Jets West--strong defense and running game--to minimize what's asked of the QB. As for McCoy, he's farther along than Tebow right now and he just seems to have more "IT" than Smith.

This is Smith's last year under contract and Carr is signed for only 2 years. If the Niners wait until next year to draft a QB, they're essential starting over (assuming no one is signed/resigned). Drafting a QB this year allows this playoff-ready team to move forward with who they have, while keeping the seat warm for a QB with greater potential in 2011/2012.

Blake_Fever

NO
Share 49ersWebzone