LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 205 users in the forums

reasonable (maybe more hopeful) draft outcome

• pdavila21
  • Info N/A
we all agree on what our biggest needs: OL, OL, DB, pas rusher, and QB competition.

disclaimer: i do not believe we should take a QB with 1st round pick and expect him to be any better than A. Smith for upcoming year. if we don't get improved results with Smith, then you address that the following year. i think that with improved team Smith could at least be holdover until "franchise" QB is ready for 2011 or 2012 season.

so here is what i would like to see:
Scenario A
#13) Joe Haden CB Florida or Earl Thomas S Texas or best OT available.
#16/7) if Haden or Thomas taken already, best OT available; if OT taken earlier we select Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
#49) Best LB/DL from among: Navorro Bowman Penn State, Sergio Kindle Texas, Carlos Dunlap Florida, Jerry Hughes TCU or Brandon Spikes Florida
#79) Colt McCoy QB Texas or Jevan Snead QB Ole Miss

Scenario B
#13) pick traded. If Haden or Thomas are not there we trade down to 24-29 range of 1st round for additional 2nd round pick (our #13 and 3rd rounder for #24-29 and 2nd rounder). NOTE: NE would have a mid 20's and top 42 to 45 in 2nd round.
#16/7) best OT available from amongst Trent Williams Oklahoma, Bruce Campbell Maryland, and Bryan Bulaga Iowa.
#24-29) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
#44) Best LB/DL from among: Navorro Bowman Penn State, Sergio Kindle Texas, Carlos Dunlap Florida, Jerry Hughes TCU or Brandon Spikes Florida
#49) Best from among: Jordan Shipley WR Texas, Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati, or Javier Arenas CB Alabama
#79) 3rd round pick traded
I don't wanna come off as an ass...but why bother doing a mock draft if you can't pick specific players at each pick?

I'm pretty sure I can make a correct mock draft every time if i list a pick and then list 10 people there and say pick one of.

The funny thing is your selections for one pick aren't even similar in any way

"Best LB/DL from among: Navorro Bowman Penn State, Sergio Kindle Texas, Carlos Dunlap Florida, Jerry Hughes TCU or Brandon Spikes Florida"

Kindle and Hughes are the only real 3-4 guys on here. Bowman is more of a 4-3 OLB and Dunlap is more of a 4-3 DE. Spikes...is an inside linebacker.
wtf is this s**t
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Giving up too much in your trade down. #13 and maybe a 5th for a late 1st and 2nd round pick. In which case I could live with.

If it looked like this.

Originally posted by :

disclaimer: i do not believe we should take a QB with 1st round pick and expect him to be any better than A. Smith for upcoming year. if we don't get improved results with Smith, then you address that the following year. i think that with improved team Smith could at least be holdover until "franchise" QB is ready for 2011 or 2012 season.

Scenario B
#13) pick traded. If Haden or Thomas are not there we trade down to 24-29 range of 1st round for additional 2nd round pick (our #13 and 3rd rounder for #24-29 and 2nd rounder). NOTE: NE would have a mid 20's and top 42 to 45 in 2nd round.
#16/7)Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
#24-29) best OT available
#44) Best DB
#49) Dexter McCluster WR/RBOle Miss, Jordan Shipley WR Texas, Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati,
  • pdavila21
  • Info N/A
i guarantee that if i attempt to predict other teams' picks the draft would be highly inaccurate. based on what other teams do and our team needs, i believe our selections will lie around players i listed.

as for defensive player(s)- i would be happy with any of the guys i listed in the 2nd round- regardless if there is an open starting spot for them or not.

p.s. no offense/insult to genus49 comment taken.

[ Edited by pdavila21 on Jan 9, 2010 at 20:39:48 ]
Too many choices, you need to pick one, is this a mock or prospect watch. lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:
wtf is this s**t
Not taking Earl Thomas. he is too short and lacks physicality and proper tackling skills.

But, i think we should trade down. I think there is tonnes of value in the second round with Reshad Jones, Jonathan Dwyer, Von Miller, and Brandon Spikes.

We take our O-line prospect in round 1, then our DB prospect with the later pick (i like Ras-I Dowlings athleticism and physicality), then our Safety (Reshad Jones), and rush OLB (Von Miller). we can then take a Guard in some later round, giving us an improved O-line and tonnes of playmakers on defense! (just look at the jets, a great run game/o-line and Defense will get u to the playoffs, and after this, our D would be STACKED)
Originally posted by pdavila21:
we all agree on what our biggest needs: OL, OL, DB, pas rusher, and QB competition.

so here is what i would like to see:
Scenario A
#13) Joe Haden CB Florida or Earl Thomas S Texas or best OT available.
#16/7) if Haden or Thomas taken already, best OT available; if OT taken earlier we select Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
#49) Best LB/DL from among: Navorro Bowman Penn State, Sergio Kindle Texas, Carlos Dunlap Florida, Jerry Hughes TCU or Brandon Spikes Florida

Scenario B
#16/7) best OT available from amongst Trent Williams Oklahoma, Bruce Campbell Maryland, and Bryan Bulaga Iowa.
#24-29) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
#44) Best LB/DL from among: Navorro Bowman Penn State, Sergio Kindle Texas, Carlos Dunlap Florida, Jerry Hughes TCU or Brandon Spikes Florida
#49) Best from among: Jordan Shipley WR Texas, Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinnati, or Javier Arenas CB Alabama
#79) 3rd round pick traded

Yes?

Share 49ersWebzone