LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 367 users in the forums

Should I make this trade for Kaepernick and Foster?

Should I make this trade for Kaepernick and Foster?

Ok, so my team is pretty solid, I think. But I was offered a deal that has me wondering.

I was offered Kaepernick and Foster for Stafford, (one of) Charles or TRich, and Amendola.

I would love Kaepernick over Stafford, but it's not a huge improvement. And Foster is probably better than Charles or TRich, but by how much? And between Charles, Foster, and Amendola, who is likely to stay healthy? All tough questions....

Here's my team now:

QB Stafford
RB Charles
RB Richardson
WR Cruz
WR Colston
Flex Sproles
TE Thomas
K Bryant
DEF Chicago

Bench
Amendola, Bradshaw, Antonio Brown, Montee Ball, Kniles Davis, Blount (probably dropping him for Denarius Moore or Jerome Simpson)

So really, the question is, is that team better than this one:

QB Kaepernick
RB Charles
RB Foster
WR Cruz
WR Colston
Flex Sproles
TE Thomas
K Bryant
DEF Chicago

Bench
Bradshaw, Antonio Brown, Montee Ball, Kniles Davis, Denarius Moore, Jerome Simpson

What say you, webzone?
BTW, this is a 12 team standard scoring league with 6 pt passing TDs.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
BTW, this is a 12 team standard scoring league with 6 pt passing TDs.

How many points will the combo of kap/foster accrue (ppgxremaining games) vs. the other group.

Im guessing amendola, stafford and t-rich outscore kap and foster.

I would say no. but you can probably find reasons to say yes with your squad
[ Edited by Garcia on Sep 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
I would make the trade. Amendola (injured btw) is expendable with Brown on your bench, and I think Kaep & Arian score more than Stafford & TRich

If I were you I'd already start looking to trade for Ben Tate just incase
[ Edited by YungAce on Sep 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
I would make the trade. Amendola (injured btw) is expendable with Brown on your bench, and I think Kaep & Arian score more than Stafford & TRich

If I were you I'd already start looking to trade for Ben Tate just incase

Hammer meet nail
Originally posted by Garcia:
How many points will the combo of kap/foster accrue (ppgxremaining games) vs. the other group.

You can't look at it that way, because there is absolutely NO WAY Amendola starts each week on his roster. He has two more solid WR and a decent WR3 (Brown) and Amdendola is injured. You can't just add up his total fantasy points and say that's what he's worth, because he isn't worth that to you and may not be worth that to the person you're trading him to. IF you only start him in 6 weeks, those points are the only ones that matter.

For him (this depends entirely on how comfortable you are with Foster), it could definitely be a good deal. I'd offer Richardson.
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Originally posted by Garcia:

You can't look at it that way, because there is absolutely NO WAY Amendola starts each week on his roster. He has two more solid WR and a decent WR3 (Brown) and Amdendola is injured. You can't just add up his total fantasy points and say that's what he's worth, because he isn't worth that to you and may not be worth that to the person you're trading him to. IF you only start him in 6 weeks, those points are the only ones that matter.

For him (this depends entirely on how comfortable you are with Foster), it could definitely be a good deal. I'd offer Richardson.

Thanks for the thought out response. So you would keep Charles and trade Richardson?
Makes sense. Especially since I have Davis as a handcuff.
Alright, I waited for the games before making the call.

And now I'm not sure. I doubt Kap plays that badly again... But I'm not as convinced about Kap+Foster being better than Stafford+TRich. Is that just me reacting badly to the awful game?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Alright, I waited for the games before making the call.

And now I'm not sure. I doubt Kap plays that badly again... But I'm not as convinced about Kap+Foster being better than Stafford+TRich. Is that just me reacting badly to the awful game?

Kaep played against the best defense in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone