LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 240 users in the forums

Is Gore playing or not?

• Silky
  • Veteran
I've read in ninertalk that some people say he is not playing. On the injury report he is listed as questionable. I'm wondering if I should start Hunter over him if he will be our starter.
Even if he plays he'll be splitting carries
ESPN just said he will start
The Matt's said he's cleared to play
NFLN reported Hunter's gonna start
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CdnNinerfan:
ESPN just said he will start

Originally posted by cwilson830:
NFLN reported Hunter's gonna start

Well crap.
Well my whole team is hurting right now. So it's either gore, m bush, v Cruz, or Henderson in my flex spot.

Would love any advice there....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Well my whole team is hurting right now. So it's either gore, m bush, v Cruz, or Henderson in my flex spot.

Would love any advice there....

you have to go with Gore, Bush's value is only as a TD volture if McFadden doesn't take it all the way, and Manningham and Colston are back so Cruz and Henderson take a hit in value
Fox also reported that hunter is starting
I hate game-time injury decisions. Two weeks ago the Broncos screw me over by sitting Lloyd, and today BOTH Gore and Dez Bryant end up play. Goddamn NFL head coaches have no consideration for FF owners whatsoever.

rrghh!!!!! I sat Gore AND Hunter because of the vauge injury reports. Gore scores 20, Hunter 10. I should have this week wrapped up, being up 12 with Addai going tomorrow vs. his kicker, but still.

Im not sitting Gore again unless hes out for sure.
Time to fire up the Kendall Hunter watch once again
I have Gore and Hunter, but I'm not sure which to start. I suppose I could start both and figure that one of them should get some points...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I'm in the same predicament......I think I go with Hunter. I think Gore will play but with him not at 100%, I think Hunter takes 60% of the snaps. Hunter has proven that he can take the load. Dixon may get a handful as well.

My thinking is....need to keep Gore as fresh as possible, especially when in the next 5 days we'll be playing the Ravens where Gore is critical to help pass block. I won't be surprised if Gore starts but Hunter gets majority of the carries.

Because of the uncertainty, if you have other options......should explore them, especially if your in need of a win like I need. After last weeks win over the Giants, don't be surprised if Alex comes out throwing to score points then go to the run in the 2nd half. I think AZ will come out throwing anyway, their run game sucks and they seem to have some confidence from their win.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM ]
whats teh latest and greatest
Share 49ersWebzone