There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rate My Team

12 team league. Not PPR. I had the 4th pick.

Starters:

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Michael Turner
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Chad Ochocinco
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Neil Rackers
DEF: ARI (they play CAR week 1) plan on doing a def of the week

Bench:

QB: Kyle Orton
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Roy Helu
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Steve Breaston
WR: Malcolm Floyd
Nice job.

I like that team. Just guessing at where those players were drafted, it looks like you played the draft well. I think Rice will have a huge year. Possibly even the best year among all RBs.

Your WR2 and WR3 spots are a little shaky, but between those two and your bench guys you should have 3 decent WRs each week. The tough part is going to be deciding who to start. Seems like 5 of your 5 WRs will be up and down guys.

Anyway, pretty good for a 12 team league. You got a good shot at it.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Nice job.

I like that team. Just guessing at where those players were drafted, it looks like you played the draft well. I think Rice will have a huge year. Possibly even the best year among all RBs.

Your WR2 and WR3 spots are a little shaky, but between those two and your bench guys you should have 3 decent WRs each week. The tough part is going to be deciding who to start. Seems like 5 of your 5 WRs will be up and down guys.

Anyway, pretty good for a 12 team league. You got a good shot at it.

Thanks man. I actually had the choice at #4 to pick Arian Foster or Ray Rice and I went with Rice. It was a tough decision. I think he is going to have a great year. And history proves that Foster most likely won't have the same kind of year. Yeah there was a big run on WR. I don't love all of my wideouts but I am really banking of Julio Jones becoming my WR3. They are definitely hit or miss.
i had rice last year and hated him. got Gore MJD and D-Williams with tim hightower riding the bench lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i had rice last year and hated him. got Gore MJD and D-Williams with tim hightower riding the bench lol

I had him too. Was disappointed with him as well, but this year he has Leach as his FB and a partially improved line. He is alaso taking more goalline snaps. Last year my backs were Rice, Gore, with Arian Foster in the Flex. My team was stacked. I won the league.
I like your squad. I'm a big fan of Stafford and I'm hoping he can stay healthy this year, which may be the main thing your team's success hinges on. I love your backs and you have very nice depth at WR so that you can play the match-up game. I seriously only see Stafford getting hurt again as your chief concern, especially if Orton has to take over your squad.

I dig your team, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I like your squad. I'm a big fan of Stafford and I'm hoping he can stay healthy this year, which may be the main thing your team's success hinges on. I love your backs and you have very nice depth at WR so that you can play the match-up game. I seriously only see Stafford getting hurt again as your chief concern, especially if Orton has to take over your squad.

I dig your team, I'd give it a solid 8.5.

Thanks for looking at my team. I appreciate it. Yeah I agree that losing Stafford would be a problem. He has huge upside but has to stay healthy. If I have to start Orton I would be screwed.
not trying to steal your post, but i was wondering if you guys can rate my team as well.

QB Matt Schaub
RB Arian Foster
RB/WR Ahmad Bradshaw
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Percy Harvin
TE Vernon Davis
D/ST Cowboys
K David Akers
P Ben Graham

Bench Mark Ingram
Bench Eli Manning
Bench Braylon Edwards
Bench Shonn Greene
Bench Jacoby Jones
Bench Todd Heap
Bench 49ers D/ST
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
not trying to steal your post, but i was wondering if you guys can rate my team as well.

QB Matt Schaub
RB Arian Foster
RB/WR Ahmad Bradshaw
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Percy Harvin
TE Vernon Davis
D/ST Cowboys
K David Akers
P Ben Graham

Bench Mark Ingram
Bench Eli Manning
Bench Braylon Edwards
Bench Shonn Greene
Bench Jacoby Jones
Bench Todd Heap
Bench 49ers D/ST

No problem. Rate mine if you get a chance.

How many teams are in your league? Because you have some pretty good running backs. Not sure if I would start Bradshaw. Seems like he will be splitting carries with Jacobs (who has actually looked better in preseason). Ingram might be a better choice. But you have some pretty good depth. Starting WRs are great, but I don't know if Edwards or Jones are good backup options. If you suffer an injury there you might be in trouble. Shaub is a solid mid-tier QB and you have a nice backup. Overall I like your team. Good job.
Originally posted by theginz2004:
No problem. Rate mine if you get a chance.

How many teams are in your league? Because you have some pretty good running backs. Not sure if I would start Bradshaw. Seems like he will be splitting carries with Jacobs (who has actually looked better in preseason). Ingram might be a better choice. But you have some pretty good depth. Starting WRs are great, but I don't know if Edwards or Jones are good backup options. If you suffer an injury there you might be in trouble. Shaub is a solid mid-tier QB and you have a nice backup. Overall I like your team. Good job.

i got about 10 people playing in my league. you got your team stock up really good, but stafford? i know he suppose to break out this year, but if i was you ill get a solid qb as a back up.orton may be an ok qb but,if there someone better, you should pick someone else, just my opinion.
QB- Petyon Manning
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Frank Gore
RB/WR- OchoCinco
WR- Bowe
WR- Marshall
TE- VD
D/ST- Saints
K- Billy Cundiff??? Edit: Just Replaced with Janikowski

Bench- Julio Jones
Bench- Hightower
Bench- Edwards
Bench- L.T
Bench- Crabtree
Bench- Ben Tate
Bench- Cutler

10 Team, not ppr. I think my team is pretty stacked. Probably one of the better teams I've gotten. Got Gore with the 10th, and CJ with the 11th. Still have some wholes, but feel I will have some trade bait with my reserve WR's at some point.

As far as OP's. I would agree with a 8.5. I myself had Rice and it was a huge huge disappointment. Defense my hurt you with AZ, but you can usually find defenses on waivers or just pick them up. Stafford is a huge huge question mark. I would probably start Orton.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
Originally posted by theginz2004:
No problem. Rate mine if you get a chance.

How many teams are in your league? Because you have some pretty good running backs. Not sure if I would start Bradshaw. Seems like he will be splitting carries with Jacobs (who has actually looked better in preseason). Ingram might be a better choice. But you have some pretty good depth. Starting WRs are great, but I don't know if Edwards or Jones are good backup options. If you suffer an injury there you might be in trouble. Shaub is a solid mid-tier QB and you have a nice backup. Overall I like your team. Good job.

i got about 10 people playing in my league. you got your team stock up really good, but stafford? i know he suppose to break out this year, but if i was you ill get a solid qb as a back up.orton may be an ok qb but,if there someone better, you should pick someone else, just my opinion.
10 Teams? Very nice team then for a 10 man league. I would've guessed 8.

Yeah I agree Stafford is a question mark. I just went with a low risk high reward and tried to stack up the other positions.

Starting QBs on the wire: Garrard, Fitzpatrick, Newton, Tavaris Jackson, Hasselbeck, Dalton, Alex Smith, Beck/Grossman, Henne, Campbell.

Think I should pick up anyone else?
[ Edited by theginz2004 on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
QB- Petyon Manning
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Frank Gore
RB/WR- OchoCinco
WR- Bowe
WR- Marshall
TE- VD
D/ST- Saints
K- Billy Cundiff??? Edit: Just Replaced with Janikowski

Bench- Julio Jones
Bench- Hightower
Bench- Edwards
Bench- L.T
Bench- Crabtree
Bench- Ben Tate
Bench- Cutler

10 Team, not ppr. I think my team is pretty stacked. Probably one of the better teams I've gotten. Got Gore with the 10th, and CJ with the 11th. Still have some wholes, but feel I will have some trade bait with my reserve WR's at some point.

As far as OP's. I would agree with a 8.5. I myself had Rice and it was a huge huge disappointment. Defense my hurt you with AZ, but you can usually find defenses on waivers or just pick them up. Stafford is a huge huge question mark. I would probably start Orton.

You have a nice team there. RBs look awesome and I like Hightower as the #3. WRs look pretty decent, but they are definitely more valuable in a PPR league. No superstars there. I am sure you are like me and hoping Julio Jones takes over for Ochocinco. That would be huge for your bench. Peyton as always looks like a good pick. Just hope he is the same after his surgery. Overall though it looks good, just has a couple questions marks. Definitely a great starting roster to the season.

Yeah I had Rice last year and was really disappointed, but I think he will be huge this year. Love that they got Leach. Big blocker. I am planning on doing a DEF of the week type deal so I am not too worried but I agree they cant be my starter.
I'm in a 12 team ppr league as well. We auction draft and have 2 keepers per team @ +5 the cost they were the previous year. Semi ppr (.5 per rec).

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Lesean McCoy
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Stevie Johnson
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
WR/RB - Fred Jackson (I'll be swapping in and out as matchups & performance dictate)
WR/TE - Davone Bess
K - Neil Rackers
D - Patriots (for week 1 at least, playing matchups)

Bench - Mike Tolbert
Bench - Willis McGahee
Bench - Nate Burleson
Bench - Donald Driver (he's getting dropped) (looking at Hester, Berrian, Kevin Walter, and some others. recommendations?)
Bench - Ricky Williams

Any thoughts overall, and specifically on wr upgrades or sleepers?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home