Sometimes, as a fan, it is tough to find the exact words to express how truly disappointing the San Francisco 49ers have been this season. After all, many "experts" predicted this team to be the favorite to win the NFC West, a division that is clearly one of the worst in football. Luckily, some fans are at least able to find some humor in the situation.
Within our forums, a number of fans have compiled a list of 49ers miscues from the season and have turned them into a drinking game. You know, one of those, "Every time you see this happen, take a shot" kind of deals. Many of the items are pretty amusing and the list does a pretty good job of showing how bad the team has performed over the course of the season.
Below is a good selection of items from the drinking game. Of course, I am just posting this in good humor and because I found it to be an accurate representation of the consistent mistakes this team makes. I fully support responsible drinking and given the list, odds are you would be passed out by the end of the first quarter if you actually tried to play. So please take this list for what it is ... an amusing collection by fans and not encouragement to actually attempt to play this game. Doing so may be very dangerous.
And now the rules of the game.
Take a shot ...
- Any time Frank Gore runs up the middle on first down.
- Whenever the 49ers waste a timeout due to poor time management.
- Whenever the 49ers turn the ball over.
- Nate Rule: Whenever the 49ers get a turnover and then give it right back on the same play.
- Whenever the 49ers are held scoreless in a quarter.
- Whenever the 49ers are held scoreless at the end of a game.
- Any time Anthony Davis or Chilo Rachal are flagged for a false start, holding or give up a sack.
- Any time Parys Haralson or Dashon Goldson miss a tackle.
- Any time the 49ers go three and out.
- Every time head coach Mike Singletary claps when something bad happens.
- Every time you can predict the play correctly before it happens.
Post Game Bonus
- Whenever head coach Mike Singletary says "I have to look at the tape" or something similar.
View the original thread which has even more amusing rules to this game. Please note that you must be a member to view this thread.