It's the eve of the 2016 NFL Draft and teams are preparing to select the league's newest rookies. Here's a look at how the first round of the draft might shape up based on current needs for each NFL team. The draft kicks off on Thursday, April 28th at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago.
Version 3.0 of my mock draft can be found here.
1) Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff, QB, California
The Cal Golden Bear goes #1 overall.
2) Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz, QB, N. Dakota State
Philly settles for the former FCS star.
3) San Diego Chargers - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Perfect fit for the Chargers defensive scheme.
4) Dallas Cowboys - Joey Bosa, DE - Ohio State
Glaring need meets BPA for Dallas.
5) Jacksonville Jaguars - Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
The Jags waste no time turning in this pick.
6) Baltimore Ravens - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
Tremendous value who starts immediately at LT.
7) San Francisco 49ers - Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
Baalke sees the explosive LB as absolutely worth the risk.
8) Cleveland Browns - Ronnie Stanley, OL, Notre Dame
Immediate starter at RT eventually taking over for Thomas at LT.
9) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
Top CB available for a team in desperate need of secondary help.
10) New York Giants - Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
No surprise here as the Giants shore up their o-line.
11) Chicago Bears - Leonard Floyd, DE, Georgia
Incredibly lean, athletic pass rusher for Fangio to develop.
12) New Orleans Saints - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
Help is on the way for the Saints horrendous d-line.
13) Miami Dolphins - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
Heir apparent to Cameron Wake at defensive end.
14) Oakland Raiders - Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State
The Raiders shake things up by adding the draft's top RB.
15) Tennessee Titans - Taylor Decker, LT, Ohio State
Keeping Mariota upright is the Titan's top priority.
16) Detroit Lions - Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
The selection of Lee makes it three ex-Buckeyes in a row.
17) Atlanta Falcons - Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
Should start immediately over Brooks Reed at MLB.
18) Indianapolis Colts - Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
Huge addition to a team with aging pass rushers.
19) Buffalo Bills - Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky
Ryan must add edge talent at the top of the draft.
20) New York Jets - Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Relying on a healthy Ryan Clady at LT isn't wise.
21) Washington Redskins - Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
Ideal NT with movement skills for Washington's 3-4.
22) Houston Texans - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
Perfect compliment to the explosive DeAndre Hopkins at WR.
23) Minnesota Vikings - Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
New toy with tremendous ball skills for Bridgewater.
24) Cincinnati Bengals - Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
Nice fit for Cincy's vertical passing attack.
25) Pittsburgh Steelers - William Jackson III, CB, Houston
Fast-rising DB for the Steelers shaky secondary.
26) Seattle Seahawks - Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
Try naming more than one Seahawks offensive lineman.
27) Green Bay Packers - Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
The Packers finally add a true NT to their '16 roster.
28) Kansas City Chiefs - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
Ideal prospect for Reid to groom behind Alex Smith.
29) Arizona Cardinals - Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
Versatile d-lineman adds crtical depth up front.
30) Carolina Panthers - Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
The talented but "handsy" CB slides to Carolina.
31) Denver Broncos - Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Elways ends the game of QB chicken between Denver and SF.