There are 254 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
As much as I love sting, I don't really see the point of bringing him in. Its pretty much just a way for Vince to stroke his ego over finally landing the big fish. There's no way taker would drop the streak to someone who hasn't ever been in WWE. And I really can't see Sting saying "ok Vince, after all these years I'm ready to be jobbed out to Ambros". I just don't see the fit unless you are gonna see a title run

Then once again, it is H who is now doing the deals these days. There is no way that RVD and the great Bruno Sammertino would agree to anything as long as Vince is dealing with the contracts. H pulled the impossible and got Bruno to rekindle his relationship with the company. H is also the one behind the unexpected RVD deal that no one saw coming.

It seems that H is not Vince so wrestlers who did not want to do business with Vince are doing business because someone else is running that part of the operation
Originally posted by robniner:
As much as I love sting, I don't really see the point of bringing him in. Its pretty much just a way for Vince to stroke his ego over finally landing the big fish. There's no way taker would drop the streak to someone who hasn't ever been in WWE. And I really can't see Sting saying "ok Vince, after all these years I'm ready to be jobbed out to Ambros". I just don't see the fit unless you are gonna see a title run

Then once again, it is H who is now doing the deals these days. There is no way that RVD and the great Bruno Sammertino would agree to anything as long as Vince is dealing with the contracts. H pulled the impossible and got Bruno to rekindle his relationship with the company. H is also the one behind the unexpected RVD deal that no one saw coming.

It seems that H is not Vince so wrestlers who did not want to do business with Vince are doing business because someone else is running that part of the operation

Sting is not coming back to put any young talent, he would only come back for a big time match or program with an established talent
Originally posted by 228niner:

Sting is not coming back to put any young talent, he would only come back for a big time match or program with an established talent

then he can stay gone. he's 55, has no business feuding for titles, but a match against undertaker would be interesting.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

then he can stay gone. he's 55, has no business feuding for titles, but a match against undertaker would be interesting.

I really think that is how this has to go down. Maybe, he does a spot here and there on the road to WM 30, but if I was running the show, I would want to use the time to inform the uninformed (young fans) just who "the Icon" is/was and why he deserves a shot at Undertaker. The beauty of Sting and Undertaker is that he is a big enough draw to beat the deadman (though, I don't see it happening) or if he does lose, he can do so in the fallen hero sort of fashion. Remember, they both wrestled in NWA/WCW before. So, you have all kinds of story-lines you can create and manipulate.

I would reiterate though, you use Sting sparingly, you limit his and the Undertaker's mic time, and by all means, you rest him up for what should be the most important match of his career.

Under no certain terms is he coming back to put any young talent over. He has done that enough throughout his career. This is about legacy; this is not about titles, the man has more World Titles than many of the WWE greats combined; this is about the man named Sting and his place amongst the greats. (-----That is how you have Jim Ross sell it. Don't waste this match on any other announcer for God's sake.
[ Edited by fropwns on Jul 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:

I really think that is how this has to go down. Maybe, he does a spot here and there on the road to WM 30, but if I was running the show, I would want to use the time to inform the uninformed (young fans) just who "the Icon" is/was and why he deserves a shot at Undertaker. The beauty of Sting and Undertaker is that he is a big enough draw to beat the deadman (though, I don't see it happening) or if he does lose, he can do so in the fallen hero sort of fashion. Remember, they both wrestled in NWA/WCW before. So, you have all kinds of story-lines you can create and manipulate.

I would reiterate though, you use Sting sparingly, you limit his and the Undertaker's mic time, and by all means, you rest him up for what should be the most important match of his career.

Under no certain terms is he coming back to put any young talent over. He has done that enough throughout his career. This is about legacy; this is not about titles, the man has more World Titles than many of the WWE greats combined; this is about the man named Sting and his place amongst the greats. (-----That is how you have Jim Ross sell it. Don't waste this match on any other announcer for God's sake.

Yea but Sting doesnt need WWE for his legacy. The guy made himself a legend without ever having to step foot in a WWE ring in his career. He doesnt need a WM loss on his belt to further his legacy. Hell i would say 'Taker needs Sting more at this point as he doesnt really have an opponent left on the WWE roster for an interesting Wrestlemania match. And no, a WM with taker wouldnt be the biggest match of his life. The guy had arguably the biggest build ups to a PPV ever with Starrcade 97

yes the Icon vs the Phenom would be epic and i would be the first to slap down 70 bucks to see it i just dont see the point in it for Sting. If he comes in, it needs to be a title shot for him. WWE Heavyweight Champion is the only thing missing from his accolades.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Yea but Sting doesnt need WWE for his legacy. The guy made himself a legend without ever having to step foot in a WWE ring in his career. He doesnt need a WM loss on his belt to further his legacy. Hell i would say 'Taker needs Sting more at this point as he doesnt really have an opponent left on the WWE roster for an interesting Wrestlemania match. And no, a WM with taker wouldnt be the biggest match of his life. The guy had arguably the biggest build ups to a PPV ever with Starrcade 97

yes the Icon vs the Phenom would be epic and i would be the first to slap down 70 bucks to see it i just dont see the point in it for Sting. If he comes in, it needs to be a title shot for him. WWE Heavyweight Champion is the only thing missing from his accolades.

I said that is how you sell it. He needs none of it and may very well go back to TNA. At this point, I do not think this is about the WWE Title or WHC, I think is about legacy. Finishing off his legacy in the business by facing one of the most revered workers in the business: the Undertaker.

And I hear you on some of his earlier stuff. I loved the old days watching a young Surfer Boy Sting working his way up to competing with Flair for the belt--I am thinking the era when he wrestled the Great Muta. No, he has never been WWE champion. Would I love to see it? Hell yes! Maybe it happens. But I really think you can build this match and manage the wrestlers correctly and have an iconic moment. As for the Undertaker, I believe at this point he can lose a WM match and people will still revere him. NOBODY will ever amass the record he has at WM--in general the concept of maintaining the streak at this point is not very practical. I mean it leads you down a path of feeding talent after talent to one guy. Besides the fans know that WWE will not let anyone go over the Taker at WM.

I said that is how you sell it. He needs none of it and may very well go back to TNA. At this point, I do not think this is about the WWE Title or WHC, I think is about legacy. Finishing off his legacy in the business by facing one of the most revered workers in the business: the Undertaker.

And I hear you on some of his earlier stuff. I loved the old days watching a young Surfer Boy Sting working his way up to competing with Flair for the belt--I am thinking the era when he wrestled the Great Muta. No, he has never been WWE champion. Would I love to see it? Hell yes! Maybe it happens. But I really think you can build this match and manage the wrestlers correctly and have an iconic moment. As for the Undertaker, I believe at this point he can lose a WM match and people will still revere him. NOBODY will ever amass the record he has at WM--in general the concept of maintaining the streak at this point is not very practical. I mean it leads you down a path of feeding talent after talent to one guy. Besides the fans know that WWE will not let anyone go over the Taker at WM.

yea a Sting/Taker match would easily have an awesome build up. But i dont think Sting gains much by losing to him now. WWE wouldnt end the streak to a guy who's never been in the company IMO. It would be awesome if he came in, maybe lose to taker but get in position to win the belt at Summerslam or something. I mean the belt is the only thing missing from his resume. I think he has around 20 championship titles under his belt as is right now, but not the biggest of the "sport". I think he's the only guy to hold championships from NWA/TNA and WCW. Adding on WWE would be icing on the cake.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

yea a Sting/Taker match would easily have an awesome build up. But i dont think Sting gains much by losing to him now. WWE wouldnt end the streak to a guy who's never been in the company IMO. It would be awesome if he came in, maybe lose to taker but get in position to win the belt at Summerslam or something. I mean the belt is the only thing missing from his resume. I think he has around 20 championship titles under his belt as is right now, but not the biggest of the "sport". I think he's the only guy to hold championships from NWA/TNA and WCW. Adding on WWE would be icing on the cake.
I'll give you that my man. He would be, as far as I know, the only man to do it.
The Sting story may have legs because TNA is cutting talent due to cost issues and these wrestlers (Nash,RVD,Booker) are getting lucrative deals including part-time work and legends guarantees. Being part of the TNA HOF is one thing but being part of the WWE HOF would be a big deal.

As showcased, the WWE HOF would not be complete without a Bruno Sammertino and they got it done. Now it paves the way to make it more established by adding the likes of Sting and Savage (Vince pending).
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Heard Randy Orton may win the WWE Title MITB match..now I'm kinda excited

Originally posted by jrg:
Heard Randy Orton may win the WWE Title MITB match..now I'm kinda excited

You have a FACE MITB match and a HEEL MITB match. Pretty messed up.
who is going to win the heel MITB? Fandangnuts? Ambrose?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
who is going to win the heel MITB? Fandangnuts? Ambrose?

PLEASE WWE PUSH THIS GUY!
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM ]

he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring, though....
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring, though....

hes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, though

thought he was gonna be HUUUUGE after Nexus..can be a legitimate heel IMO
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone