LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 313 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

I think watching Stone Cold wrestle a match again would be like watching Bret in the ring a couple years ago. The way he takes forever to get up after stunning someone is sad.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think watching Stone Cold wrestle a match again would be like watching Bret in the ring a couple years ago. The way he takes forever to get up after stunning someone is sad.

True, I did enjoy seeing Bret Hart wrestle again. HIs work in Summerslam & MSG houseshow were good & he was faster in those events.
Originally posted by Nes49:

True, I did enjoy seeing Bret Hart wrestle again. HIs work in Summerslam & MSG houseshow were good & he was faster in those events.

That Wrestlemania match against Vince and when he beat Miz for the US title were awful though.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I heard that he wants to retire in a few years but haven't heard that he's retiring this early. Thought he would hang around to wait for Austin too. That match seems to be inevitable at this point.

Probally won't happen this year though due to all of the star power they already have.

Austin will never wrestle again.

Austin was quoted the other day as being "100% cleared to wrestle" and facing Punk was at the top of his list. I think the match should be saved fror WM 30.

Really? I thought he was still on a bum knee from surgery

I always thought it was the neck injury that forced him into retirement.

he's going to always be banged up due to wear and tear on his body, but he's prob healed up enough to wrestle a match or two

Naw, he had knee surgery this past July. It's the reason he missed RAW 1000. I think it was JR that mentioned 4-6 months recovery. I'll find a link.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:

That Wrestlemania match against Vince and when he beat Miz for the US title were awful though.

I agree. They should have planned it better but Bret agreeing to return & do something for WM, they rushed it.
does anyone have the links for tommorow's event. My boy is looking forward to it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
does anyone have the links for tommorow's event. My boy is looking forward to it.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html
Originally posted by jrg:
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

I THINK it's gonna b lame but he's looking forward to it.
  • bors
  • Veteran
tommorow???yes please link

WCW always sucked. The only way they were ahead in the ratings for a while was because everyone who watched WWF wanted to see all their old favorites.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

WCW always sucked. The only way they were ahead in the ratings for a while was because everyone who watched WWF wanted to see all their old favorites.

Wrong. WCW was superior to WWF for a LONG time. Vince just had the money and bought his competition.
Wrong. WCW was superior to WWF for a LONG time. Vince just had the money and bought his competition.

They were never as good. Even the year they were ahead in the ratings I still watched Raw/Smackdown over Nitro/Thunder. The only thing WCW had was the cruiserweight division.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

They were never as good. Even the year they were ahead in the ratings I still watched Raw/Smackdown over Nitro/Thunder. The only thing WCW had was the cruiserweight division.

Just because you watched WWF doesn't mean they were better. WCW's cruiserweight and tag team divisions were better than anything on WWF at the time. Vince knew that...and bought WCW.
Just because you watched WWF doesn't mean they were better. WCW's cruiserweight and tag team divisions were better than anything on WWF at the time. Vince knew that...and bought WCW.

By the time Vince bought WCW they had already become a joke. WWF had E&C, Hardyz, Dudleys, and APA running the tag teams. All WCW had left were Goldberg, Booker, DDP, and Mysterio. Jeff Jarrett was the champ I believe.
They were so bad they had David Arquette and Vince Russo as champs. Didn't Jay Leno wrestle for them too?
Share 49ersWebzone