LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Some of the best news from the UFC in a while!!!

n a recent interview with a Las Vegas television station, UFC president Dana White said the UFC has acquired some of the world’s top fighters, and among them, he named PRIDE Fighting Championships veteran Wanderlei Silva (31-7-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC).

Last month, a deal fell apart in the final hours that would have pitted the former PRIDE middleweight champion against Chuck Liddell at UFC 76. UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) first reported that a tentative agreement had been reached, but when Silva asked to fight in November rather September, the deal was scrapped and Liddell was instead scheduled to face Keith Jardine.

The two light heavyweights will now headline UFC 76, which takes place Sept. 22 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

As for Silva, the UFC has given no official word on his status. However, according to White’s latest comments, there’s reason to believe we’ll see Silva back in the Octagon soon.

“We’ve got nothing but mega-fight for the next three years,” White said. “We’ve got Wanderlei Silva. We’ve got (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira. And the list just goes on and on.“

In fact, UFCjunkie.com has heard from inside sources that Silva is still likely to make his debut at a Dec. 29 Las Vegas show — possibly against Liddell.

Silva, a Brazilian Jiu-Jistu black belt and one of PRIDE’s most successful fighters, is coming off brutal back-to-back losses to Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Dan Henderson. Despite the losses, he remains one of the top-ranked 205-pound fighters anywhere in the world.

For the full interview with White, head over to KTVN.com.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And.....its on, Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Finally.

I'm a happy man again!!!
MMA fans

Main card scheduled to air live on Sunday, August 5th from 9pm ET to 11pm ET on Versus Network

WEC 29: AUGUST 5, 2007 ON VERSUS NETWORK
Main Card Bouts:
-Paulo Filho (#3 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Joe Doerksen
-Carlos Condit (#10 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Brock Larson
-Jeff Curran vs. Stephen Ledbetter
-Jamie Varner vs. Sherron Leggett

Get to see top MMA fighters, not in UFC.
Silva was a monster in early pride. He won fights on the stare down.

IF he ever can recapture that X factor he use to have it would be a fun right to watch.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Silva was a monster in early pride. He won fights on the stare down.

IF he ever can recapture that X factor he use to have it would be a fun right to watch.

Last 2 fights. Devasting ko'd

crocop vs silva
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/silva+vs+cro+cop/video/x2drj3_pride-fc-cro-cop-vs-silva_sport

henderson vs silva
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/silva+vs+henderson/video/x1ayle_pride33-dan-henderson-vs-silva_extreme

can't wait to see him in the octagon.....
Rampage got KNOCKED THE F OUT!!!!

Silva is THA MAN
I remember Wanderlie Silva already fought in UFC way back. Can't remember which UFC event. He fought a young Tito Ortiz. Ortiz worked him on a quick 1st rd stoppage.

Any1 remember that fight???
Originally posted by scdakine9:
I remember Wanderlie Silva already fought in UFC way back. Can't remember which UFC event. He fought a young Tito Ortiz. Ortiz worked him on a quick 1st rd stoppage.

Any1 remember that fight???

Oops, my bad. It wasn't a 1st rd stoppage. It was a decision @ UFC 25 - Ultimate Japan 3
Sherdog's Official Mixed Martial Arts Rankings
For the first time Sherdog.com is releasing official rankings spanning eight weight divisions. This is not a ranking based upon skill. Simply, the Sherdog.com ranking takes into account what fighters have accomplished in the ring or cage.

Imagine that each fighter holding the No. 1 position is the Sherdog.com champion: our ranking is intended to outline who would be next in line to challenge the man holding the belt ... and what the line extended to 10 fighters (except at flyweight where we limit it to five) would look like.

Criterion for the ranking mandates that a fighter must have competed during the past 12 months in the division in which they are ranked. Fighters currently under suspension for banned substances will not be considered for the ranking until their suspension has run its course. If a fighter appeals, they will be ranked until the appeal is heard.

Placement in the poll is based largely on results in competition and the strength of opposition.

With the addition of short explanations following each ranked fighter, we've attempted to provide insight as to why guys are ranked where they are. Though the sport still features fractured weight divisions, we've tried our best to address that in the placement of fighters.

In this poll there is one notable omission. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (Pictures), one of the most talented fighters in the sport, is not ranked, as he has not fought at 145 pounds in nearly four years and his 155-pound resume isn't good enough to be considered a ranked lightweight.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=8577
Wow. How about that?
just got back from hawaii.....1st thing i saw back ..Randy Couture beating Gonzaga....3rd rd stoppage......oh yah GSP beat koshceck..and Roger Huerta keeping rising in the ranking...UFC 74

• jimrat
  • Veteran
GROVE VS COTE
HUERTA VS CRANE
ST. PIERRE VS KOSCHECK
COUTURE VS GONZAGA
Originally posted by jimrat201:
GROVE VS COTE
HUERTA VS CRANE
ST. PIERRE VS KOSCHECK
COUTURE VS GONZAGA

yeah I hate to see Grove loose but he did and wow Coulture is just amazing 44 years old and still kicking ass. wow
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:
GROVE VS COTE
HUERTA VS CRANE
ST. PIERRE VS KOSCHECK
COUTURE VS GONZAGA

yeah I hate to see Grove loose but he did and wow Coulture is just amazing 44 years old and still kicking ass. wow

I'm just glad Koscheck got his ass handed to him and yeah Couture is a freak of nature
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:
GROVE VS COTE
HUERTA VS CRANE
ST. PIERRE VS KOSCHECK
COUTURE VS GONZAGA

I'm just glad Koscheck got his ass handed to him and yeah Couture is a freak of nature

same here not to much a fan of Kos especially after the girly fight with Sanchez. Besides come on him vs GSP is not right or fair, but then again they said that about Serra.. Ultimately The Natural is possibly the best heavyweight in the UFC within the last 8 years. He is a beast
W/ Randy still the HW champ. In 2 weeks Cro Cop will fight Kongo free in Spike TV. and Tim Silvia fighting Brandon Vera in October.

UFC should give Randy a rest, not fight any1. Wait until, whoever wins CroCop vs Kongo and Silvia vs Vera ...then the winner should fight for the #1 contender spot.

So, Randy will be defending the title early next yr...
Share 49ersWebzone