There are 246 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Jones answered this question at the post-fight presser. Basically he wants a big pay day ala a McGregor/Mayweather and fighting Brock is a draw that would entice the entire world. He literally said noone knows who the f**k Miocic is and that at this time Miocic presents a bad matchup for him.

Anyway, I guess many peeps missed the rumors from 3-4 days ago about Brock fighting Jones. They were already contemplating a super fight then.

It will make nowhere near as much as the MayMac fight, but it will be fun if only because of the interest.

Gonna be awhile though. Even Dana said Jones will fight someone before Lesnar.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Jones answered this question at the post-fight presser. Basically he wants a big pay day ala a McGregor/Mayweather and fighting Brock is a draw that would entice the entire world. He literally said noone knows who the f**k Miocic is and that at this time Miocic presents a bad matchup for him.

Anyway, I guess many peeps missed the rumors from 3-4 days ago about Brock fighting Jones. They were already contemplating a super fight then.

It will make nowhere near as much as the MayMac fight, but it will be fun if only because of the interest.

Gonna be awhile though. Even Dana said Jones will fight someone before Lesnar.

If Lesnar opts to come back for this fight he needs to notify the USADA at which point he will be entered into the drug testing pool and have to finish serving the final 6 months of his suspension first and foremost.

It's the Trump effect. Dips**ts buy into hype, and the disps**ts are many these days. It's actually a more interesting fight than McG v. Money, TBPH. Lesnar is such a physically dominant freak that it'd be interesting to see what Jones could bring to cancel out Lesnar's obvious strength advantage.
I feel bad for Cormier, despite rooting for Jones. His response to the loss had me a bit teary eyed if I'm being honest. He wanted that win soooo bad.
Dana is pissed at Woodley for how boring their fight was and gave the GSP fight to Bisping, even though he was saying a week ago that it was Woodley's fight if he won. That a little unfair to blame Woodley for how horrible that fight was. That's been nearly every one of Maia's fights. Dana matched him up again a pure BJJ guy and now he's mad at Woodley for playing it safe and not risking a take down.

That's weak. Woodley vs GSP is the better fight and one that Woodley probably wins. From Dana's perspective, he feeds GSP the easier matchup with Bisping and now there's potential superfights with GSP holding the title. The whole situation is shady.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
did they fire the old match maker or something? Some of the recent fight announcements have been of WTF caliber.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Dana is pissed at Woodley for how boring their fight was and gave the GSP fight to Bisping, even though he was saying a week ago that it was Woodley's fight if he won. That a little unfair to blame Woodley for how horrible that fight was. That's been nearly every one of Maia's fights. Dana matched him up again a pure BJJ guy and now he's mad at Woodley for playing it safe and not risking a take down.

That's weak. Woodley vs GSP is the better fight and one that Woodley probably wins. From Dana's perspective, he feeds GSP the easier matchup with Bisping and now there's potential superfights with GSP holding the title. The whole situation is shady.

Not pissed because TW didn't go for takedowns :

"Listen, when you break a record for the least punches ever thrown in a five-round title fight, and you beat it, by I think it was like 130 [strikes] and these guys threw 60 or something like that, I think that sums it up," White told reporters at the post-fight press conference.

"The guy [Maia] had one eye in the first round and you're [Woodley] faster, you're stronger, your hands are better, you're explosive. I believe that Woodley could've finished that in the first round, and if not, he definitely could've finished it in the second round. If you had a remote control for that guy, he's a freak of nature, he'd be an incredible fighter. Listen, it's easy to say a win is a win but when you get booed out of an arena, that means people don't want to watch you fight, you know. And that's how you make a living. It's not good if people don't want to watch you fight."

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
did they fire the old match maker or something? Some of the recent fight announcements have been of WTF caliber.

Not fired but Joe Silva retired from the company when it was sold.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Dana looked like he was yelling at DC after the fight too. Dude was probably coked up all night.
Originally posted by evil:
Not pissed because TW didn't go for takedowns

Right, he's mad because TW played it safe and didn't allow DM to take him down. Granted it was a snooze fest, but that's what you get with most Maia fights.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by evil:
Not pissed because TW didn't go for takedowns

Right, he's mad because TW played it safe and didn't allow DM to take him down. Granted it was a snooze fest, but that's what you get with most Maia fights.

yup. hate watching that dude fight. It was cool 8-10 years ago when he'd instantly submit someone the second he got a hold of them. now, it's just fkn boring cuz he's older, and everyone knows how to defend.

Woodley was boring as f**k vs wonderboy in the 2nd fight too. I see where danas coming from. Hes a freak of an athlete content with coasting to keep his title. I get why woodley does it aswell, but danas kinda right, u interested in seeing him fight? I'd give him the mighty mouse treatment, headlining fox and headlining underwhelming ppvs. Wouldnt let him comain big cards like he has with dc/bones and conor/eddie.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I see both sides of it.

And Dana is right to call him out, no promoter wants to see his champion fighting not to lose (unless you are GSP and pulling in a million guys regardless).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i was at a bowling alley/bar where they had the fight on. I knew I had to leave at some point and make it home in time for the main event. I timed it perfectly. Left during the Wanderlay fight and made it home just in time for the jones fight. I figured Maia would be another snooze fest.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i was at a bowling alley/bar where they had the fight on. I knew I had to leave at some point and make it home in time for the main event. I timed it perfectly. Left during the Wanderlay fight and made it home just in time for the jones fight. I figured Maia would be another snooze fest.

after and before.
Share 49ersWebzone