LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 315 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm willing to bet he stands a little and try to at least faze Condit with his KO power then use his wrestling like you said. But Condit is good kicking too so he may try to use that to keep the distance. Honestly, I see Woodley coming out on top and fighting the winner of Hendricks vs. Lawler.

He'd be smart to not even attempt to mess with Carlos on the feet, and to use his strongest skill which we all know is his wrestling. But I suspect you will be right Kolohe and he will try and trade at first. I don't understand why the UFC gave into TW and made this fight...fans would rather see Condit vs the winner of Hendricks/Lawler and it would sell better than a Woodley title fight would right now, it just isn't smart business IMO.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Woodley vs Hendricks/Lawler winner and Woodley vs Condit but I just think the UFC should be giving Condit a more winnable fight to try and get the biggest title fights possible with the GSP cash cow on hiatus.

I think Dana White should've made Woodley vs. Jake Shields 2, before Woodley getting a top 4 contender spot. If anything Shields deserves it much more than Woodley, coming off two good wins of Woodley and Maia.
not sure if i should first row the fight or order it.
I'm willing to bet he stands a little and try to at least faze Condit with his KO power then use his wrestling like you said. But Condit is good kicking too so he may try to use that to keep the distance. Honestly, I see Woodley coming out on top and fighting the winner of Hendricks vs. Lawler.

He'd be smart to not even attempt to mess with Carlos on the feet, and to use his strongest skill which we all know is his wrestling. But I suspect you will be right Kolohe and he will try and trade at first. I don't understand why the UFC gave into TW and made this fight...fans would rather see Condit vs the winner of Hendricks/Lawler and it would sell better than a Woodley title fight would right now, it just isn't smart business IMO.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Woodley vs Hendricks/Lawler winner and Woodley vs Condit but I just think the UFC should be giving Condit a more winnable fight to try and get the biggest title fights possible with the GSP cash cow on hiatus.

Woodley got a lot of eyes put on him with that last fight. IMO any combination among those 4 guys will be a big draw.

the match makers reward the finishers and put them into position where they can become contenders, and put the point fighters in tough matchups.... IMO at least.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
not sure if i should first row the fight or order it.

vipbox.tv been working a lot better than first row lately..... for me at least.

but this is a card worth buying..... inviting friends over to throw in $5-10 bucks............. then keep the left over (if any) beer and snacks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
goddamnit! why is it not Sat already!
read a report yesterday saying Melendez might fight khabib nurmaghfhjdhjdskdhfjsscndov at ufc 170. i'd like to see that fight
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I know right!!

Aside from the Weidman/Silva fight, I'm looking forward to Leben/Hall, Barnett/Browne and Siver/Gamburyan. Overall pretty decent card, a lot of KO artist on it.

I know right!!

Aside from the Weidman/Silva fight, I'm looking forward to Leben/Hall, Barnett/Browne and Siver/Gamburyan. Overall pretty decent card, a lot of KO artist on it.

Hall better be in this to fight and not to make friends again.........
  • evil
  • Veteran
I know right!!

What about the chicks with dicks ? I'm also looking forward to Brandao vs Poirier.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I know right!!

What about the chicks with dicks ? I'm also looking forward to Brandao vs Poirier.

lol I forgot they were fighting on this card. But yah them too....I'm gonna say Rhonda via Arm-Bar 2 min into the first round.

This morning I heard a local sports bar trying to promote themselves telling everyone to come on down and watch the Ronda Roosey vs. Miesha Tate fight. I was like WTF, if you're gonna promote your bar at least know WTF you're talking about!!! And get this, the name of their bar is called "Arm-Bar Sports Bar" Haha!! Rhonda Roosey!!!

I know right!!

lol I forgot they were fighting on this card. But yah them too....I'm gonna say Rhonda via Arm-Bar 2 min into the first round.

This morning I heard a local sports bar trying to promote themselves telling everyone to come on down and watch the Ronda Roosey vs. Miesha Tate fight. I was like WTF, if you're gonna promote your bar at least know WTF you're talking about!!! And get this, the name of their bar is called "Arm-Bar Sports Bar" Haha!! Rhonda Roosey!!!

they were also promoting longanisa gravy loco moco........... i'm there.

i have a strange feeling roosey ( ) is gonna try and strike with meisha.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I know right!!

Nah I'm gonna check it out too!!! But not for the fight.

If Rhonda stands with Miesha, Roosey is done!!!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I know right!!

Nah I'm gonna check it out too!!! But not for the fight.

If Rhonda stands with Miesha, Roosey is done!!!

do you know if they're affiliated with the UFC gym? the place in there is call "Arm Bar Cafe"

yeah meisha kept egging roosey on during this past season, about her striking, she's probably gonna be out to prove her wrong.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Rousey won't strike. She's gonna do what she does best. If anything, I think rousey will attack Tate's other arm. Just so she can say she broke both her arms.
Rousey won't strike. She's gonna do what she does best. If anything, I think rousey will attack Tate's other arm. Just so she can say she broke both her arms.

I said roosey dude....
Share 49ersWebzone