There are 122 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
[ Edited by 4ML on May 19, 2024 at 6:44 PM ]
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2024-05-19/lakers-coaching-search-jj-redick-lebron-james-plaschke
Originally posted by 4ML:
^^^ that guy has no sources. But, lot of Lakers insiders are also linking JJ to the HC job bc report came out that Coach K is advising Lakers on HC search.

Yeah I have no idea who that guys is. Just passing along what I saw on twitter.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
^^^ that guy has no sources. But, lot of Lakers insiders are also linking JJ to the HC job bc report came out that Coach K is advising Lakers on HC search.

Yea, it's lookin' like JJ and Pelinka (who is on the hot seat) is trying to portray that they're hiring the coach Lebron wants. They hired Vogel & Ham without even consulting Lebron and AD. They really should be hiring a coach that will maximize AD. They haven't even interviewed JJ or any of the top candidates and someone is leaking who is their most preferred candidate. Now, even if JJ turns out to be the best interviewee - no one will really believe them.

Not a serious FO.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Yea, it's lookin' like JJ and Pelinka (who is on the hot seat) is trying to portray that they're hiring the coach Lebron wants. They hired Vogel & Ham without even consulting Lebron and AD. They really should be hiring a coach that will maximize AD. They haven't even interviewed JJ or any of the top candidates and someone is leaking who is their most preferred candidate. Now, even if JJ turns out to be the best interviewee - no one will really believe them.

Not a serious FO.

So from what I heard Mason and Ireland say, is that Bron stopped being involved in coaching searches since Ty Lue. Bron pushed heavy for them to hire Ty (before he took the Clippers job) and supposedly our FO low balled him pretty big time. Since then Bron didn't want to be involved in the coaching search anymore. Both also believe that Bron will be used as a scapegoat if we do hire JJ and he's not good.

If we do hire JJ, he needs to be given a very fair shot. Both Bron and AD will probably be gone after the next season, so JJ needs to get a chance to grow with the team after they leave.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
So from what I heard Mason and Ireland say, is that Bron stopped being involved in coaching searches since Ty Lue. Bron pushed heavy for them to hire Ty (before he took the Clippers job) and supposedly our FO low balled him pretty big time. Since then Bron didn't want to be involved in the coaching search anymore. Both also believe that Bron will be used as a scapegoat if we do hire JJ and he's not good.

If we do hire JJ, he needs to be given a very fair shot. Both Bron and AD will probably be gone after the next season, so JJ needs to get a chance to grow with the team after they leave.

Yea pretty much what some other Lakers insiders have said as well.

Why do you think AD will be gone next summer?

I really think he will want out. Won't be a big public spectacle, but behind closed doors he will ask for a trade. Maybe if Bron plays 2-3 more years, but I can't see him playing that much longer.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erKing:
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2024-05-19/lakers-coaching-search-jj-redick-lebron-james-plaschke

lol JJ won't be the first or last person to get head-coaching job in the NBA without prior coaching experiencing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I really think he will want out. Won't be a big public spectacle, but behind closed doors he will ask for a trade. Maybe if Bron plays 2-3 more years, but I can't see him playing that much longer.

I can see it happen - especially if Lebron retires. I think Jeanie needs to sell the team to a real billionaire - who can come in and clean house in a year or two.

I can see it happen - especially if Lebron retires. I think Jeanie needs to sell the team to a real billionaire - who can come in and clean house in a year or two.

That will never happen. The Lakers have always been a family business. If they ever sell, it will be for some ridiculous offer that they just can't refuse.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

That will never happen. The Lakers have always been a family business. If they ever sell, it will be for some ridiculous offer that they just can't refuse.

Yea it will probably require an offer than will make all the siblings a billionaire.

Hopefully someone like Zuckerberg who can just give them an extra B or two & let them keep 1% of the team so they can cont to socialize with celebrities.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Rumors are JJ is already working on his assistant coaches already - some of those candidates are - Sam Cassell, James Borrego, and Jared Dudley.

Would like to get Dudley back and I think Borrego will bring in a much needed HC experience to the bench.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Rumors are JJ is already working on his assistant coaches already - some of those candidates are - Sam Cassell, James Borrego, and Jared Dudley.

Would like to get Dudley back and I think Borrego will bring in a much needed HC experience to the bench.

Let's Go!!!

Nice
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I'd rather have JJ as HC in that case. Borrego as assistant HC will be better.
Share 49ersWebzone