LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Build Your Unbeatable Starting 5 (NBA)

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
If i can have lebron at the 1, he is it. If not it is magic.
2 klay thompson
3 (lebron=rodman) (magic=reggie)
4 hakeem olajuwon
5 wilt chamberlain

Today (no durant or klay due to injury)

Ben simmons
Kawhi leonard
Jayson tatum
Giannis antetokounmbo
Andre drummond

I love defense and rebounds. With both line-ups i have more length and multiple rebounders. And 2 great shooters.

When my length forces your bad shot, and nabs the board. Then on the other end get 3 chances to put it in and drawing fouls. This team may have a lower shooting percentage than the league average, but will have more 3rd chances than opponents 2nd chances.

Also why shag is not on my list, hakeem and wilt could guard him as well as anybody while forcing him out of the paint on the other end.
I love Klay but its pretty laughable to have him on your ALL TIME greatest starting 5. And then you have no PG and 2 centers? Yikes. LOL

As for this year... Andre Drummond? This is a joke right?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I love Klay but its pretty laughable to have him on your ALL TIME greatest starting 5. And then you have no PG and 2 centers? Yikes. LOL

As for this year... Andre Drummond? This is a joke right?
This wasnt all time greatest players, it was build a TEAM. They need to be able to gel, and that team has no holes on defense, and stretches the floor on offense.
Klay plays hustle defense, i think his D could play in any era, and he could feast on catch and shoot 3s.
I view lebron as a modern day magic johnson. He plays as a PG and is a good enough distributor. All while being an effective shooter.
Hakeem could play the historical 3 position just lacking long range shooting. His mid range is good, his post and passing is top notch.
Wilt (nough said)
Honestly i thought people would have more issue with rodman/miller.

And yes, i want the best rebounder/blocker/stealer(all around best possesion ender/extender) on my team. And that person has been drummond. Where he lacks the rest of the line up makes up for it.

On both teams, i want spot up shooters. Drivers and foul takers (a layup and 1 is as good as a 30ft 3 pointer). And i want players who force bad shots and grab rebounds.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Apr 1, 2021 at 11:19 PM ]
modern?

Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Klay Thompson
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Rudy Gobert

all-time?

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
[ Edited by DoseOfBosa on Apr 1, 2021 at 11:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Jordan was the best offensive player on the court every time he played. He was the best defensive player every time he played. He won 6 titles. Not sure what more you want from him. He is the GOAT and there isnt a basketball expert alive who wouldnt put him on his or her 1st team.

He is the GOAT.

But it is about the team. And i love the idea of making jordan chase klay all night. Then make him work through rodman.

My line up is a distributor/driver
A spot up lights out shooter.
A lock down 1-4 defender and rebounder.
Mid range shooters with post up ability and rebounder.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Apr 1, 2021 at 11:53 PM ]
Stockton PG
Jordan SG
Bird SF
Duncan PF
Olajuwon C

Sixth man a guy who can play all spots the one and only Magic Johnson
If I did an all 3 point shooting team aka Dubs Ball

Curry PG
Allen SG
Miller SF
Nowitzki PF
KAT C
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
All-Time

Oscar
Jordan
LeBron
Russell
Wilt

Present

Morant
Booker
KD
Giannis
Embiid
[ Edited by FL9er on Feb 23, 2022 at 7:49 AM ]
Willis Reed
Dave DeBusschere
Bill Bradley
Walt Frazier
Dick Barnett

My favorite basketball team of all time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Willis Reed
Dave DeBusschere
Bill Bradley
Walt Frazier
Dick Barnett

My favorite basketball team of all time.

Good one...

favs would be

Allen Iverson and 4 other dudes for me

Anyone see that all time NBA draft where Charles Barkley picks Iverson #1 overall good moment
PG-Magic
SG-Jordan
SF-Bird
PF-Duncan
C-Kareem (Hakeem a close 2nd)

my 5 would be players in the NBA thats never played ever. How can you beat someone that never plays.
Best NBA Jam team of all time would be...

Kobe
Shaq
Favorite S5 all time

Steve Nash
Kobe
Bron
KG
Shaq

6th man Iverson.
Share 49ersWebzone