LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2020 Off-season Thread

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Garce:
Another Garce!!!!

Lunch Time!
I'm officially calling Shaw a bust now. Can't make the 30 man team with Belt and Longo out, and a DH available. Pathetic for a 1st rounder from 2015
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
And the fact that Farhan said they're still looking for another catcher all but tells me no Bart this year

I think its just temporary, he will join the team at some point. I give it a couple weeks.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I'm officially calling Shaw a bust now. Can't make the 30 man team with Belt and Longo out, and a DH available. Pathetic for a 1st rounder from 2015

I wouldn't label him a bust as he was not a projected first rd pick in that draft plus that's on the Giants for picking him there
Looks like they're expanding the playoffs.

Sure you don't want to opt back in Posey?
Seeing my name listed on the first page

Let's gooooo

Calling a Tromp double and homer tonight
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Giants just can't draft.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Giants just can't draft.

MLB draft is a complete crapshoot. Every single team has had busts. I'd say the Giants did pretty well with Posey, Linceum,Cain, Bum, Crawford among others that won 3 titles. They now have a top 10 farm system. Yes, they have made some big mistakes but show me any team in any sport that hasnt
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn Giants regular season action.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Giants just can't draft.

MLB draft is a complete crapshoot. Every single team has had busts. I'd say the Giants did pretty well with Posey, Linceum,Cain, Bum, Crawford among others that won 3 titles. They now have a top 10 farm system. Yes, they have made some big mistakes but show me any team in any sport that hasnt

Right I agree man, still stings though.

It's going to be a tough 60 games. I will predict 25-35. Giants are 2-3 years away from really contending in my opinion. Need to get pitching and have their young position players continue to develop and reach their potential
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
And the fact that Farhan said they're still looking for another catcher all but tells me no Bart this year

Bart should be up after the first 5 games to make sure his service time doesn't start
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

It is what it is
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It's going to be a tough 60 games. I will predict 25-35. Giants are 2-3 years away from really contending in my opinion. Need to get pitching and have their young position players continue to develop and reach their potential

A solid plan too IMO. Much agreed. I like our farm system and what Farhan has done to improve. My dream scenario is that Cueto and the Shark come out the gates hot. The season is Intact and a young hungry team with a legit shot at the title pulls a trade maybe like another Dubon move!!
I agree I think in 2-3 years we will have a solid Nucleus of young talent that contributes
Share 49ersWebzone