LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2020 Off-season Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Teams are inquiring about Bart apparently.

Good. Let's package him. Send him to New York for Frazier. Yanks need some serious catching depth. Or go after Ottavino which would be a more realistic move. I know he had an off year but his track record is solid.

no thanks, I would rather have Bart at 1B/DH long term over Frazier.

lol yeah, why would we trade a 24 year old top 50 prospect who plays C for a 26 year old OF that his own team doesn't feel the need to play?

Frazier is good and I would love to have hm. Not for Bart, but would love to have him. The yanks problem is they have way too much talent in the OF and for some reason loved to play Gardner. I think he is gone now. They have a star at catcher now so they wouldn't trade Frazier for a backup anyways.

Yankees fans are trying to chase Gary Sanchez out of town. They hate him now. He's only hitting .200 over the last 3 years, and apparently hes lazy. He also sucks as a defensive player, so they'd probably be open to moving him to DH and acquiring a young C. They'd have to give up more than Frazier to get Bart though.

Good. Let's package him. Send him to New York for Frazier. Yanks need some serious catching depth. Or go after Ottavino which would be a more realistic move. I know he had an off year but his track record is solid.

lol yeah, why would we trade a 24 year old top 50 prospect who plays C for a 26 year old OF that his own team doesn't feel the need to play?

I dont have a problem trading Bart if we get an elite prospect or player back (pitching would be nice) but I am certainly not going to deal him for Frazier.
  • Mr711

Really? Over an Outfielder that will give us 25+ home runs a year??
I get the whole infatuation with Bart but we did draft Bailey in the first rd, and have some cats in the minors that actually know how to catch. Bart needs a lot more time learning how to call the game. I think anyone on this team is trade material.
[ Edited by MrNineSeven on Jan 21, 2021 at 4:36 PM ]

I get the whole infatuation with Bart but we did draft Bailey in the first rd, and have some cats in the minors that actually know how to catch. Bart needs a lot more time learning how to call the game. I think anyone on this team is trade material.
I agree that anyone on the team can be traded (although it would take a lot to get Marco Luciano). I also believe that Bart is quite possibly going to be traded at some point in the future. Zaidi didnt draft him and he did draft Bailey which is a telling sign.

Having said that, it would take more than Clint Frazier to get Bart. The strength of their minor league system is in the OF. Their top prospects include Ramos (age 20), Bishop (21), Canario (19) and Matos (18). In my opinion, if Zaidi is trading Bart it should be for an elite power corner prospect or pitching prospect
  • Mr711
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I agree that anyone on the team can be traded (although it would take a lot to get Marco Luciano). I also believe that Bart is quite possibly going to be traded at some point in the future. Zaidi didnt draft him and he did draft Bailey which is a telling sign.

Having said that, it would take more than Clint Frazier to get Bart. The strength of their minor league system is in the OF. Their top prospects include Ramos (age 20), Bishop (21), Canario (19) and Matos (18). In my opinion, if Zaidi is trading Bart it should be for an elite power corner prospect or pitching prospect

Oh I fully agree we would need more in return on Frazier. I'd say we ask to take off Their hands Ottavino and his bad contract and throw in another top outfield prospect.

I really like Bohm from Philly as a power CI. That's if JT were to sign with the Nats instead of Philly.

I do like what Farhan is doing. Solid job and not going in on big contracts for players who will burn out in a year or two. Should be fun to watch
  • Mr711
I sure as heck wouldn't mind me some Kike but we're so damn stacked with the MI. But he is versatile which seems to fit our roster
[ Edited by MrNineSeven on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:16 AM ]

Damn
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Damn

some things never change for the giants.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Damn

thought this was a good question...does Aaron break the record playing at the 'Stick?

Damn

He wasn't willing to take a discount.

Damn

Somehow this is Bobby Evans' fault.
Originally posted by boast:

Damn

thought this was a good question...does Aaron break the record playing at the 'Stick?

lol hell no. He played his career at a home park nicknamed "The Launching Pad".

Damn

This! I still consider Willie Mays as the greatest homerun hitter of all time

Damn

Agree 100%

Damn

Agree 100%

Next to his godson, I agree!
Share 49ersWebzone