LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Why isn't San Francisco native Lefty O'Doul in the HOF

• Garce
  • Veteran
One thing I find interesting is dude was a pitcher til his mid 20s... Didn't get back to the majors til 31 and raked once becoming an everyday player. Crazy!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Who?
Originally posted by SoCold:
Who?

Some midget from the 1800s.
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Lefty had a short peak in an otherwise kind of forgettable career. He made one all star game. He barely had more than 100 homeruns in his career. He barely had more than 1000 hits in his career. His career WAR is 1 point higher than Brandon Crawford's.

I appreciate the man as much as you do kesh, but he really has no business in the HOF.

Oh, please. Once glance at baseball reference and you're calling this dude's career forgettable? That is ridiculous. Hyperbole of the highest order. Pretty audacious considering you've never seen him take a single pitch, let alone play.

Hes no Francisco Peguero, thats for sure.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Not sure when 99 will figure out I've had him blocked for like two years

Ive always known you had me on ignore. Everyone else can still see the posts. Im not going to let you off the hook for your terrible takes just because you're too sensitive to take crap for them.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 20, 2020 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ive always known you had me on ignore. Everyone else can still see the posts. Im not going to let you off the hook for your terrible takes just because you're too sensitive to take crap for them.

You really calling other peoples takes terrible?

You're barely a step below sandiego when it comes to terrible takes lol
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jun 20, 2020 at 7:33 PM ]
Who?

Peter O'Tool
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Who?

Peter O'Tool

Patches O'Houlihan
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:

You really calling other peoples takes terrible?

You're barely a step below sandiego when it comes to terrible takes lol

This coming from a guy with some awful takes, join the club.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Who?

Peter O'Tool

Patches O'Houlihan

Not even the most famous O'Doul out there.
Lefty had a short peak in an otherwise kind of forgettable career. He made one all star game. He barely had more than 100 homeruns in his career. He barely had more than 1000 hits in his career. His career WAR is 1 point higher than Brandon Crawford's.

I appreciate the man as much as you do kesh, but he really has no business in the HOF.

Oh, please. Once glance at baseball reference and you're calling this dude's career forgettable? That is ridiculous. Hyperbole of the highest order. Pretty audacious considering you've never seen him take a single pitch, let alone play.

You kidding me with this Garce? Ask 10 non Giants fans to tell them about Lefty Odoul and see if theres a single one that doesnt give you the "remind me who he is again" look.

Take a deep breath and log off. Sheesh.

You kidding me with this Garce? Ask 10 non Giants fans to tell them about Lefty Odoul and see if theres a single one that doesnt give you the "remind me who he is again" look.

lol ask 10 actual Giants fans who Lefty O'Doul is and they'll struggle with it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

How can you possibly call anyone's career forgettable, when you have literally never seen them play, grew up in the era they did. You have no idea what you're talking about. You're basing your opinion off a few minutes browsing his baseball reference, it's painfully obvious.

I'm not advocating one way or the other for HOF, he doesn't seem like a candidate for the Hall but I dont think you are being fair at all.
[ Edited by Garce on Jun 21, 2020 at 6:21 PM ]

How can you possibly call anyone's career forgettable, when you have literally never seen them play, grew up in the era they did. You have no idea what you're talking about. You're basing your opinion off a few minutes browsing his baseball reference, it's painfully obvious.

I'm not advocating one way or the other for HOF, he doesn't seem like a candidate for the Hall but I dont think you are being fair at all.

I have a little bit of memory about Lefty's career without baseball reference, but let's just hypothetically say that you are correct....that I didnt have ANY knowledge of Lefty until I did 2 minutes of research on BBref....

Uhhhmmm.....wouldnt that prove my point even more correct than it already is? If me, a die hard baseball nut for over 3 decades, has zero knowledge or memory of player ____, doesnt that prove the point that his career was largely forgettable? It should.

Saying "you have never seen him play" couldnt be more irrelevant. I've never seen Mickey Mantle play either, so can I not have an opinion on his career?
Share 49ersWebzone