LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

Official Seattle Kraken Thread

Apparently the new NHL expansion franchise will be called the Seattle Kraken. lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
Apparently the new NHL expansion franchise will be called the Seattle Kraken. lol

lol
Why the lol?

I think its a cool name
Better than pelicans lol
Any team name that doesnt end in S is a no go for me.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Why the lol?

I think its a cool name

agreed
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Better than pelicans lol

Every time I see that name, I think about when the Charlotte Bobcats, New Orleans Hornets, and Utah Jazz were all NBA team names. The league had a perfect opportunity to make things right by rotating the names, resulting in the Charlotte Hornets, Utah Bobcats, and New Orleans Jazz. Perfect fits.

But yeah, I like Kraken, and if it is the team name, the Seattle arena P.A. announcer better yell RELEASE THE KRAKEN every time they take the ice. Otherwise what's the point?
What's Kraken dude's?
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Better than pelicans lol

Every time I see that name, I think about when the Charlotte Bobcats, New Orleans Hornets, and Utah Jazz were all NBA team names. The league had a perfect opportunity to make things right by rotating the names, resulting in the Charlotte Hornets, Utah Bobcats, and New Orleans Jazz. Perfect fits.

But yeah, I like Kraken, and if it is the team name, the Seattle arena P.A. announcer better yell RELEASE THE KRAKEN every time they take the ice. Otherwise what's the point?

Rotating the names would have been so stupid; especially for the Jazz. They were s**t when they were in New Orleans. Their history has been established in Utah. There's no reason to kill a team's history just to have people say that Bobcats are in Utah thus they should be called the Bobcats. There's countless names that in the league that could have been changed but they weren't and never will be. Its not like the Lakers are gonna change their name anytime soon since there's no real lakes down there. lol

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Any team name that doesnt end in S is a no go for me.

In most cases I agree. I hate the WNBA style names. "Were the Dream!"
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Why the lol?

I think its a cool name

agreed

Its just awkward sounding. Seattle Kraken.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Seattle crackheads
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I like the name, infinitely better than the Golden Knights.
Originally posted by Garce:
I like the name, infinitely better than the Golden Knights.

Definitely more intimidating.

Share 49ersWebzone