There are 179 users in the forums

Arena Football League Claims Bankruptcy

The league was around for 30 years and folded. There is a greater issue here than the AFL going under. Football in general is not played in parks and stadiums. I live in OC California and there are no games played in the parks. Futbol is the only game played. Remember defensive back Pollard of the Ravens came out with a statement that football, as we know it, will be gone in 30 years. Fans laughed, they're not laughing anymore.
But new leagues are trying to formed like xfl and aafl. The ratings are up again for nfl games, college football is more popular than ever. Football isn't going anywhere the demand is too strong. The reason arena football folded is because its stupid to try to play the game on such a small feild.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The league was around for 30 years and folded. There is a greater issue here than the AFL going under. Football in general is not played in parks and stadiums. I live in OC California and there are no games played in the parks. Futbol is the only game played. Remember defensive back Pollard of the Ravens came out with a statement that football, as we know it, will be gone in 30 years. Fans laughed, they're not laughing anymore.

Just a little extreme there, chief.
just as there is one basketball league in the NBA, one MLB,one NHL, NFL will be the only football league that matters due to time invested and it's lore.

Unless if these other leagues merge into the nfl or if one league is more different than the other,( harder hits? different rules? idk) these other football leagues will fall into a pool of quick death.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
just as there is one basketball league in the NBA, one MLB,one NHL, NFL will be the only football league that matters due to time invested and it's lore.

Unless if these other leagues merge into the nfl or if one league is more different than the other,( harder hits? different rules? idk) these other football leagues will fall into a pool of quick death.

The point is kids aren't playing football
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Tell that to Texas and every state in the south...
  • Garce
  • Veteran

La Crosse, Americas Game: 2039
The league had been treading water for over a decade imo but still a sad day. I went to a handful of Sabercats games way back in the early 00s
Originally posted by Niners99:
Tell that to Texas and every state in the south...

lol this. California and New York might move away from HS football, but Texas, Florida, Ohio, etc will keep pumping out football talent like hotcakes.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
The league had been treading water for over a decade imo but still a sad day. I went to a handful of Sabercats games way back in the early 00s

My father and I were season ticket holders earlier this decade. We couldn't believe how affordable it was to watch such a good team at the SAP Center every other week.

They won a championship right before folding
Wow. Had no idea this was still a thing. Didn't Bon Jovi own a team lol

From my point of view, I think that this league was just eaten by bigger fish. It was sad for me to hear such a piece of news, but this is life. Someone is winning, and someone is losing. I think that there is a very awful situation now regarding this bankruptcy process. As I know, it's a very long and complicated process. Without a good lawyer, you have there no chance. My brother was lucky that he found this san Diego bankruptcy attorney. The lawyer helped him recover a small amount of money from the company to pay some of his debts.
[ Edited by FirstImpact on Apr 21, 2021 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by FirstImpact:
From my point of view, I think that this league was just eaten by bigger fish. It was sad for me to hear such a piece of news, but this is life. Someone is winning, and someone is losing.

Rrandom bump....?
Originally posted by Janitor:
From my point of view, I think that this league was just eaten by bigger fish. It was sad for me to hear such a piece of news, but this is life. Someone is winning, and someone is losing.

Rrandom bump....?

hmmmm
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Rrandom bump....?

hmmmm

Yes, I'm also suspicious as to why Janitor would spell random with two r's so randomly.

Rrandom bump....?

Share 49ersWebzone