Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 551 users in the forums

***2019-2020 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think the Bucks, Lakers and Clippers are the only real title contenders this year.....

.....which makes the "the Warriors ruined the league" takes from the past 3 years to be completely laughable. There is no more parity in the league this year than there ever was the last 3 years.

Its how the NBA has been since I have been alive. A handful of legit title contenders every year. Nothing new to see here.

The super team thing that LBJ started made it worse though. And this year we are seeing some of the repercussions with low ratings and low interest in the NBA. Silver sees it (and they're probably feeling it in the pocketbook) and is calling for drastic changes to the regular season format. I applaud him for taking extreme measures as something has to change
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think the Bucks, Lakers and Clippers are the only real title contenders this year.....

.....which makes the "the Warriors ruined the league" takes from the past 3 years to be completely laughable. There is no more parity in the league this year than there ever was the last 3 years.

Its how the NBA has been since I have been alive. A handful of legit title contenders every year. Nothing new to see here.

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think the Bucks, Lakers and Clippers are the only real title contenders this year.....

.....which makes the "the Warriors ruined the league" takes from the past 3 years to be completely laughable. There is no more parity in the league this year than there ever was the last 3 years.

Its how the NBA has been since I have been alive. A handful of legit title contenders every year. Nothing new to see here.


Sorry, I would put your team at a distant 4th.
Originally posted by Knowledge:

This dude was spot on

[ Edited by Knowledge on Dec 26, 2019 at 1:21 PM ]
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)

I don't think that's a fair assessment yet. He absolutely does need to relearn how to walk properly though and hopefully lose some weight in the process.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)

I don't think that's a fair assessment yet. He absolutely does need to relearn how to walk properly though and hopefully lose some weight in the process.

I know plenty of people who tore a meniscus and none of them had to learn the proper way to walk afterwards. Restrengthen and build the knee and nearby muscles back up, absolutely. Learn to walk the correct way? Lol no.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)

I don't think that's a fair assessment yet. He absolutely does need to relearn how to walk properly though and hopefully lose some weight in the process.

I know plenty of people who tore a meniscus and none of them had to learn the proper way to walk afterwards. Restrengthen and build the knee and nearby muscles back up, absolutely. Learn to walk the correct way? Lol no.
Did you watch the video that knowledge posted? This has nothing to do with the meniscus tear. They're trying to fix his gait so he isn't putting so much stress on his joints.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)

I don't think that's a fair assessment yet. He absolutely does need to relearn how to walk properly though and hopefully lose some weight in the process.

I know plenty of people who tore a meniscus and none of them had to learn the proper way to walk afterwards. Restrengthen and build the knee and nearby muscles back up, absolutely. Learn to walk the correct way? Lol no.
Did you watch the video that knowledge posted? This has nothing to do with the meniscus tear. They're trying to fix his gait so he isn't putting so much stress on his joints.

My point is, the injury has nothing to do with him not knowing how to walk and run properly. Its just a physical/health issue.

Greg Oden v.2
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)

I don't think that's a fair assessment yet. He absolutely does need to relearn how to walk properly though and hopefully lose some weight in the process.

I know plenty of people who tore a meniscus and none of them had to learn the proper way to walk afterwards. Restrengthen and build the knee and nearby muscles back up, absolutely. Learn to walk the correct way? Lol no.
Did you watch the video that knowledge posted? This has nothing to do with the meniscus tear. They're trying to fix his gait so he isn't putting so much stress on his joints.

My point is, the injury has nothing to do with him not knowing how to walk and run properly. Its just a physical/health issue.

Greg Oden v.2
I never said the meniscus tear did. The point the guy is trying to make in the video is that the way he walks is gonna make him more likely for ACL tears and more, and NO must have realized that too if they're teaching him how to walk properly.

Comparing a meniscus tear to all of Oden's chronic health issues is a huge overreaction.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Greg Oden v.2

(hope I am wrong)

I don't think that's a fair assessment yet. He absolutely does need to relearn how to walk properly though and hopefully lose some weight in the process.

I know plenty of people who tore a meniscus and none of them had to learn the proper way to walk afterwards. Restrengthen and build the knee and nearby muscles back up, absolutely. Learn to walk the correct way? Lol no.
Did you watch the video that knowledge posted? This has nothing to do with the meniscus tear. They're trying to fix his gait so he isn't putting so much stress on his joints.

My point is, the injury has nothing to do with him not knowing how to walk and run properly. Its just a physical/health issue.

Greg Oden v.2
I never said the meniscus tear did. The point the guy is trying to make in the video is that the way he walks is gonna make him more likely for ACL tears and more, and NO must have realized that too if they're teaching him how to walk properly.

Comparing a meniscus tear to all of Oden's chronic health issues is a huge overreaction.

Dude. I am not saying you did. But you "corrected me" by saying the injury and him learning to walk properly are not related (when I never said they were). Simply put, having to teach the #1 how to walk properly is a giant red flag. The Oden comment was partly in jest, but if you need to teach a player how to walk correctly to prevent future injuries, then there is a huge problem....and could lead to future injuries (see Greg Oden lol).

Got me now finally?
This Sixers team is so frustrating.

Plays up and down to the competition
[ Edited by Knowledge on Dec 27, 2019 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think the Bucks, Lakers and Clippers are the only real title contenders this year.....

.....which makes the "the Warriors ruined the league" takes from the past 3 years to be completely laughable. There is no more parity in the league this year than there ever was the last 3 years.

Its how the NBA has been since I have been alive. A handful of legit title contenders every year. Nothing new to see here.


Sorry, I would put your team at a distant 4th.

Knowledge....its nights like tonight why many dont take you more serious than a fringe title contender.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think the Bucks, Lakers and Clippers are the only real title contenders this year.....

.....which makes the "the Warriors ruined the league" takes from the past 3 years to be completely laughable. There is no more parity in the league this year than there ever was the last 3 years.

Its how the NBA has been since I have been alive. A handful of legit title contenders every year. Nothing new to see here.


Sorry, I would put your team at a distant 4th.

Knowledge....its nights like tonight why many dont take you more serious than a fringe title contender.


Playoffs cant get here soon enough
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,166
Rockets supporting cast has been hot garbage lately
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone