LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

***2019-2020 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Lebron is a smart business man. Now we see he clearly only supports social justice when it is profitable. And look lets all be real if any of us were building a 1 billion + empire we may do the same. Him tweeting and talking about it is only digging his hole deeper he just needs to throw out a 'no comment' and let it pass. He looks like an idiot.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 15, 2019 at 6:01 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol at defending a guy who was born here, received all the opportunity to become a successful mega-star, encouraged people to speak out against injustice and then ripped into a member of his same industry, siding against them with an authoritarian foreign government that is currently threatening to violently put down a pro-democracy movement in a territory that they had promised to basically leave the hell alone for the forseeable future.

To me that is mind-boggling, not sure how anyone could possibly defend that but you do you.

We as a nation side with authoritarian govt. all the time...when we support Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, etc. and when we installed and supported dictators in S. America and middle-east.

Our economy for decades thrived on trade with communist China, buying oil from authoritarian govt. of Saudi Arabia...and as recently as last week our President has promised China to not speak on Hong Kong so we could continue to buy cheap s**t.

Instead of criticizing our govt. - ppl are upset at Kerr, Pop, and Lebron bc they speak against Trump (bc of his racist tendencies), police brutality and gun violence in THIS country...the issues that matter to THEM and the ppl who don't like them speaking out...are looking for a way to discredit them.
Throwing the whole country under the bus to protect Le Bron?

You can't compare a douche protecting his own $$ to political and economic ties that the US Govt has around the world.
Gotta protect that space jam 2 money at all costs

To me that is mind-boggling, not sure how anyone could possibly defend that but you do you.

It's what sycophants do.

Oh well, might be time for James to fake "racist graffiti" at his mansion again.
Originally posted by jcs:
Lol at defending a guy who was born here, received all the opportunity to become a successful mega-star, encouraged people to speak out against injustice and then ripped into a member of his same industry, siding against them with an authoritarian foreign government that is currently threatening to violently put down a pro-democracy movement in a territory that they had promised to basically leave the hell alone for the forseeable future.

We as a nation side with authoritarian govt. all the time...when we support Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, etc. and when we installed and supported dictators in S. America and middle-east.

Our economy for decades thrived on trade with communist China, buying oil from authoritarian govt. of Saudi Arabia...and as recently as last week our President has promised China to not speak on Hong Kong so we could continue to buy cheap s**t.

Instead of criticizing our govt. - ppl are upset at Kerr, Pop, and Lebron bc they speak against Trump (bc of his racist tendencies), police brutality and gun violence in THIS country...the issues that matter to THEM and the ppl who don't like them speaking out...are looking for a way to discredit them.

You can't compare a douche protecting his own $$ to political and economic ties that the US Govt has around the world.

You're right, what our gov is doing is even worse. But for some reason you are more mad at one basketball player then an entire government. Fake outrage from you is very obvious.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 15, 2019 at 7:27 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

You're right, what our gov is doing is even worse. But for some reason you are more mad at one basketball player then an entire government. Fake outrage from you is very obvious.

Who is mad at Lebron? People are just citing the hypocrisy and the fact he's a social justice warrior fraud. Not really sure how you can defend him at this point. This doesn't mean I am not very exciting he is on my bball team or that I am mad at him.

Haha this tweet - https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1184068095641567232?s=20 - is great.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 15, 2019 at 7:41 AM ]
Lol Bron done f**k up this time
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Who is mad at Lebron? People are just citing the hypocrisy and the fact he's a social justice warrior fraud. Not really sure how you can defend him at this point. This doesn't mean I am not very exciting he is on my bball team or that I am mad at him.

Haha this tweet - https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1184068095641567232?s=20 - is great.

I dont get the tweet part...he's saying that he (rockets gm) needed to stfu while they are in a communist country that kills people for speaking out about it. Same thing that a couple media people said while they were over there. Rockets GM shouldn't have tweeted that and put the players, coaches, and media guys in a possible dangerous situation, thats what Bron was saying.

Unless you and others are under the impression that they were never in danger and could've said what they wanted with no repercussions.

However, its pretty obvious now that everybody is back home that they still want to be pretty silent about this. Obviously money is a part of it, but with the nba season about to start, is that what the nba wants their attention on, a political battle against china? Nobody wins there. And its not our fight. Bron or whoever else aren't Chinese. I know our mentality here is to police the world and be a part of every single international issue, but thats b******t.

Is Bron being somewhat of a hypocrite? Sure. But like i said, i dont think he needs to take up this fight, just because one time he tweeted injustice everywhere is injustice. I have the same beliefs, but im not gonna go protest in china or cost my self millions if i had a business there. He could tweet f**k the chinese goverment and nothing will get solved in China.
I dont get the tweet part...he's saying that he (rockets gm) needed to stfu while they are in a communist country that kills people for speaking out about it. Same thing that a couple media people said while they were over there. Rockets GM shouldn't have tweeted that and put the players, coaches, and media guys in a possible dangerous situation, thats what Bron was saying.

Unless you and others are under the impression that they were never in danger and could've said what they wanted with no repercussions.

However, its pretty obvious now that everybody is back home that they still want to be pretty silent about this. Obviously money is a part of it, but with the nba season about to start, is that what the nba wants their attention on, a political battle against china? Nobody wins there. And its not our fight. Bron or whoever else aren't Chinese. I know our mentality here is to police the world and be a part of every single international issue, but thats b******t.

Is Bron being somewhat of a hypocrite? Sure. But like i said, i dont think he needs to take up this fight, just because one time he tweeted injustice everywhere is injustice. I have the same beliefs, but im not gonna go protest in china or cost my self millions if i had a business there. He could tweet f**k the chinese goverment and nothing will get solved in China.

Lol a political battle with China? Why be so dramatic about this. He could say something as simple as "i support social justice and freedom of speech everywhere." How hard is that? But who knows, China might not show his Space Jam movie, or do a number of other things. Which mean they own him. Why is this so hard to comrehend? Guy is bending over backwards to appease them in that quote. Its embarrassing. I can see 4ML defend Lebron at this point bc he is a insane fanboi, but I don't really see your angle anymore. NO ONE is saying he is going to fix the problems in China and HK...C'mon Gore!
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 15, 2019 at 8:31 AM ]

Lol at somewhat of a hypocrite. Dude for years encourages people to speak out against injustice. Morey does just that, LeBron puts him on full blast when he could have just said nothing or put out a lukewarm statement like Kerr, instead he attacks Morey by regurgitating Chinese regime talking points. That is about as hypocritical as it gets.

Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Lol a political battle with China? Why be so dramatic about this. He could say something as simple as "i support social justice and freedom of speech everywhere." How hard is that? But who knows, China might not show his Space Jam movie, or do a number of other things. Which mean they own him. Why is this so hard to comrehend? Guy is bending over backwards to appease them in that quote. Its embarrassing. I can see 4ML defend Lebron at this point bc he is a insane fanboi, but I don't really see your angle anymore. NO ONE is saying he is going to fix the problems in China and HK...C'mon Gore!

I just want us to win a championship.
Lebron had a couple of weeks to come up with a response, and that was it? Damn, tone deaf. He deserves to get ripped for this, and he looks like a big time hypocrite.
NBA as a whole has a huge egg on their face.
Lebron could be a future NBA owner ..... hypothetically he himself has billions on the line .
Originally posted by sacniner:
Lebron had a couple of weeks to come up with a response, and that was it? Damn, tone deaf. He deserves to get ripped for this, and he looks like a big time hypocrite.

Ya that was bad, really disappointing.
He's gotta say/do something that'll turn this narrative around soon. He done f**ked up
Share 49ersWebzone