LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Which company has the best streaming service?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
For last year and a half, DirecTv has been going out massive discounts to current customers. I've been paying like $60 (HBO included, 3 TV setup) with the package that includes NFL network and NBA TV and most of the sports channels and they gave Sunday ticket for free last year and this year.

Tough to beat that imho.
Originally posted by 4ML:
For last year and a half, DirecTv has been going out massive discounts to current customers. I've been paying like $60 (HBO included, 3 TV setup) with the package that includes NFL network and NBA TV and most of the sports channels and they gave Sunday ticket for free last year and this year.

Tough to beat that imho.

Yup and not requiring a new contract. They know they are going to have to do something to keep customers. Going to be really interesting to see what happens if they can't resolve the issue with CBS
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Im going with playstation vue elite package.....get all my local channels...plus bein sports for my soccer..fuuuuu ...finally

direct tv messed up my kron4 and my CBS...SCREW U DIRECT TV
[ Edited by dmax on Aug 7, 2019 at 11:52 AM ]
I've been happy with PS Vue. Stream quality is good, works well on my tablet. Saved me tons when ditching cable.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

Tough to beat that imho.

I'm about to cancel my DTV. I called a year ago and they only offered $10 off a month.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:

Tough to beat that imho.

I'm about to cancel my DTV. I called a year ago and they only offered $10 off a month.

Call now. I called them last July and told them I'm leaving bc they canceled BeIN. They gave me $60 off for 12 months and free HBO for a year and I already had free NFL ticket. I called again this June that I'm leaving bc the discounts have expired and I'm not paying so much money when I can get the same thing for half. They renewed the same discounts for another year and I got free NFL Sunday ticket and HBO for another year.

Call them now and tell them that they canceled some channels and that's why you gotta leave. Tell them you're going to dish network or sling tv and will be paying a lot less. That's their direct competition.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
netmaster? Is it like a hacked NVIDIA shield?

I have no idea, I looked up NVIDIA and it didn't look similar. It's badass though. It has everything I watch and then some. Highly recommended.
Last year, after 20 years with our cable company, we bought a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and started trying out different streaming services...YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu, but the best combo we found for local + networks + sports was PS Vue along with Philo, besides the Amazon Prime and Netflix we already had.

HOWEVER, when I called Comcast to see what deal I could get on just internet, the rep told me about the steaming service they were starting. It had EVERYTHING we wanted and more at a great price, including a S**TLOAD of sports...I was hesitant because of Comcast's bad reputation, but in the year+ we've had it they've been excellent, and just renewed last month. TV/int/phone/security, savings ~$150/mo from what we used to have, plus we have many more features available to us now....their apps are great, so easy to watch TV on phone, download recordings, pay bill, set alarm, etc.

A couple minor drawbacks are that I believe still the case that not too many smart TVs have the Xfinity stream app available, so requires a streaming device that has the app, which I know for sure Roku does, that's why for our bedroom and backyard I bought TVs with built-in Roku. Other thing is that because of ongoing lawsuit by Tivo, you can't be outside your home network and set a recording.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Aug 7, 2019 at 10:58 PM ]

Tough to beat that imho.

Call now. I called them last July and told them I'm leaving bc they canceled BeIN. They gave me $60 off for 12 months and free HBO for a year and I already had free NFL ticket. I called again this June that I'm leaving bc the discounts have expired and I'm not paying so much money when I can get the same thing for half. They renewed the same discounts for another year and I got free NFL Sunday ticket and HBO for another year.

Call them now and tell them that they canceled some channels and that's why you gotta leave. Tell them you're going to dish network or sling tv and will be paying a lot less. That's their direct competition.

I do this every year myself. I pay $70 a month for Directv. It's a shame that people have to call and threaten to leave every year to get a discount.
I'm headed back to the USA after a 2 year absence and I'm spoiled. I purchased the NFL GamePass International for $90 this included every game from pre-season to SB. I got into the NBA Big Time this past season, all games every team from pre-season to Finals for, get this, $15. I can usually battle Direct TV to get NFL Sunday Ticket when I'm in the States. I never thought I'd say this but the Flag Football that's taken over the NFL is making me lose interest. If I can't get it for free, no big deal. How is the reception with firstrowsports in the US.

• dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I do this every year myself. I pay $70 a month for Directv. It's a shame that people have to call and threaten to leave every year to get a discount.

How were u paying $70. My black azz was at $219, then they took off my channels

Tough to beat that imho.

Push the issue. Between streaming and now the issue with CBS, they are desperate. They cut my bill in half and didn't require a new contract.
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

How were u paying $70. My black azz was at $219, then they took off my channels

I called Directv and talked to someone on the "contract loyalty team" and told them I wasn't paying that much for tv. Told em I enjoyed Direct but not enough to pay $150 plus for it and I was gonna cancel if they didn't lower my bill. They offered me the deal I have. It's locked in for a year. I had to call back in Feb and talk to them again and they renewed it for this year.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Just called. Guy asked why. I said Sling is cheaper and no CBS is a problem. He said OK, please hold on. Came back 5 mins later and said cancellation of service has been processed. Never even attempted to offer anything. What a joke.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Just called. Guy asked why. I said Sling is cheaper and no CBS is a problem. He said OK, please hold on. Came back 5 mins later and said cancellation of service has been processed. Never even attempted to offer anything. What a joke.

Called back to try and get the loyalty area some have posted about but only got a standard rep. Asked why I wasn't offered anything and that I would stay if they offered me the same deal my neighbor got last week (the $60 with free Ticket some have mentioned). Told them without CBS I can't watch football.

They refused to give me Ticket but offered the $60. I said no and then see looked up my local CBS and flat out lied and said my local CBS has a deal and will be back next week. I still have friends in the media and a few work at that CBS station. I know for a fact there is no deal so I called her on it. She said I was lying and could only get the discount price with no Ticket.

I cancelled and will be going to one of the streaming options. ATT destroyed that company.
[ Edited by DaBum on Aug 9, 2019 at 8:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone