There are 231 users in the forums

2019-20 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Dwight on the Lakers might be a bit different than Dwight with Kobe. Kobe was a no nonsense strict basketball dude. He cut you no slack and that even pertained to Shaq. LeBron is a bit better politician of sorts in his leadership style. I think Dwight will be just fine for the Lakers. He won't be the only old guy with a HOF resume in Lakerland. We'll see but I think Dwight wanted to be back in LA too

You think Howard has a HOF resume?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Dwight on the Lakers might be a bit different than Dwight with Kobe. Kobe was a no nonsense strict basketball dude. He cut you no slack and that even pertained to Shaq. LeBron is a bit better politician of sorts in his leadership style. I think Dwight will be just fine for the Lakers. He won't be the only old guy with a HOF resume in Lakerland. We'll see but I think Dwight wanted to be back in LA too

Ppl forget how dominant he was in his prime. Hes almost there, hes top 20
all times in rebounds and blocks. DPOY, multiple all nba and all star teams. Its close.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 28, 2019 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

all times in rebounds and blocks. DPOY, multiple all nba and all star teams. Its close.

No championships and never developed beyond anything of an athletic freak which caused him to drop off hard. He ain't close.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Dwight is a guaranteed HOFer.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

No championships and never developed beyond anything of an athletic freak which caused him to drop off hard. He ain't close.

He used to be a 20 ppg guy. Not his fault he played in orlando most of his career. And you dont have to win a chip to be a hofer, plenty nba hofers without a chip.

I think hes gonna have a harder time getting in bc of his personality , but accolades wise, hes way above hof requirements.

3 time dpoy. 8 time all star and 8 time all nba. Like him or or not, which i dont, not happy about this pick up, but hes most likely a hofer.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 28, 2019 at 5:17 PM ]
I still LOL at people thinking Dwight Howard is HOF material
Originally posted by valrod33:

Are you? K. I appreciate you sharing this with the group.
Originally posted by valrod33:

It doesnt matter what we think, his resume gets you in the hof, or at least very close. You are welcome to compare him resume to other centers, and if you think that Nate Thurmond with his 7 all star appearances and no championships is better than Dwight's 8 all star appearances and 3 time dpoy, then ill LOL at you.

Only thing keeping him out would be the voters who dont like him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Unless Dwight is involved in something off the field stuff which hasn't been made public yet he's gonna be in the HOF.

Based on his stats:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

Chance of getting into HOF is 99.3%.

Now power tripping voters may take away first ballot HOF from him but he's guaranteed to be in based on his stats.
No one dislikes Dwight more than me but he is going to be in HOF

Originally posted by 4ML:
Unless Dwight is involved in something off the field stuff which hasn't been made public yet he's gonna be in the HOF.

Based on his stats:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

Chance of getting into HOF is 99.3%.

Now power tripping voters may take away first ballot HOF from him but he's guaranteed to be in based on his stats.

Ya ppl are clueless lol.

Now a good debate would be whether LA is HOF worthy. A lot allstar appearances, but never took his team far as the man, and wasnt a 1st team all nba guy either.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Da fuq, Boogie.
Arrest warrant issued for Boogie Cousins. Threatening to kill his baby mama. Plus injured and out for the year. Can we cut this guy yet?
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 29, 2019 at 7:21 PM ]
Dwight saying all the right things, which is exactly what he's did the last 10 places he's been so reason to get excited keep talkin big guy !
Share 49ersWebzone