There are 229 users in the forums

San Francisco Giants 2019 Off-season Thread

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
It's going to be a rough one

I'm ready though

Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Its on! I dont post much over the years but im still a hardcore Giants fan. Hoping for an exciting season please.

Still dont understand why we cant find a Big Time Bat though...☹
ballpark

True True.
But if we are to live with that theory that most mashers homerun numbers drop dramatically in our park, but yet we see them still rake the ball all over the field against us. ☹
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
When are final rosters due?
  • Jiks
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
GO Gs!!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Jiks:

A winning record gets Bochy into the top 10 for most wins as a manager all time.

It will not be easy but I hope they get it for him. 82 ties him with Derocher.

Looking forward to seeing some young guys try to establish themselves. Should be better than '08!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
A winning record gets Bochy into the top 10 for most wins as a manager all time.

It will not be easy but I hope they get it for him. 82 ties him with Derocher.

Looking forward to seeing some young guys try to establish themselves. Should be better than '08!

Crazier things have happened. Baseball is weird.
So how long until Bum gets dealt?

Its on! I dont post much over the years but im still a hardcore Giants fan. Hoping for an exciting season please.

ballpark

It's beyond the ball park. That's not the main reason why we can't land a FA bat. Welcome to California.
There is a great piece in the athletic about how the Giants, Dodgers and the Angels and padres all have a hard time landing a big bat.
Sure the Padres got Machado and Angels snagged up Pujols years ago (who was already declining) but all in all over the years none of the CA teams have landed big bats.
Originally posted by wailers15:

July most likely.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by wailers15:

July most likely.

Im praying mad bum is pitching lights out by then, we desperately need a haul. At least 1 top outfield prospect

ballpark

Its all about money. CA taxes really put the Giants at a disadvantage. Players go for biggest offer 99% of the time.

I think it was Hank Schulman who said he thinks theres no way the Giants bring in the fences, and that ownership is still very stubborn about keeping the park dimensions as they originally were.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its all about money. CA taxes really put the Giants at a disadvantage.

If there was a salary cap, I would buy this.
Share 49ersWebzone