LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 175 users in the forums

Back to Back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors 2018-19

• mayo49
  • Veteran
What are they going to retire every player from the current era?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ok so hypothetically...

let's say the dubs make the playoffs and get bounced in the 2nd round or whatever & dlo plays just as good as he did last season. do we trade him and what would we get for him?
Really have to see how he meshes with the others and how well Klay could adapt to SF. However, my gut would tell me that they would see what star SF that other teams would be willing to move for him.
Originally posted by mayo49:
No. But Steph, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, and KD will all get their numbers retired as they should.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
No. But Steph, Klay, Draymond, Iggy, and KD will all get their numbers retired as they should.

Also add in Livingston to the list he was one of the OG player with Iggy.
Originally posted by nothing03:

I doubt Livingston ever gets his number retired. Yes he was an excellent role player on the team but to me that isnt enough. You should still be a star and someone worthy of HOF status.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

ok so hypothetically...

let's say the dubs make the playoffs and get bounced in the 2nd round or whatever & dlo plays just as good as he did last season. do we trade him and what would we get for him?
Really have to see how he meshes with the others and how well Klay could adapt to SF. However, my gut would tell me that they would see what star SF that other teams would be willing to move for him.

I think some of that depends on how our youth movement goes. If we get production from our younger players then I think they are more likely to keep DLo or try to trade him for a single player if possible. But if they don't enough from the youth I think they may try to trade DLo for multiple good but not star players.

In the best case scenario they get solid role players out of their young guys and it turns out Curry, DLo and Klay are all devastating on the floor together. If that happens they probably just keep everyone.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
ok so hypothetically...

I think some of that depends on how our youth movement goes. If we get production from our younger players then I think they are more likely to keep DLo or try to trade him for a single player if possible. But if they don't enough from the youth I think they may try to trade DLo for multiple good but not star players.

In the best case scenario they get solid role players out of their young guys and it turns out Curry, DLo and Klay are all devastating on the floor together. If that happens they probably just keep everyone.

Not sure yet if I can label DLo a solid role player. We'll see how he fits. I wouldn't be holding my breathe. He had a good year yes but in a very weak defensively eastern conference.

Only Klay, Green, and Curry should have their numbers retired. Lakers didnt even retire Derek Fishers number, let a lone guys like Rick Fox or Horry.
He's gonna be forced to play defense if he wants to play here

I think dlo is gonna ball out with us.. i'm excited

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
He's gonna be forced to play defense if he wants to play here

I think dlo is gonna ball out with us.. i'm excited

But hes not good. Its not like Luke and Kobe weren't trying to get him to play defense. Hes just not an athletic guard, thats his biggest weakness, and you cant teach athleticism. Its gonna be fun too watch on offense with him and Curry, but it won't be pretty on defense.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
But hes not good. Its not like Luke and Kobe weren't trying to get him to play defense. Hes just not an athletic guard, thats his biggest weakness, and you cant teach athleticism. Its gonna be fun too watch on offense with him and Curry, but it won't be pretty on defense.

He has a 6'10 wingspan. Plenty of potential there to become at least adequate defensively.
Originally posted by Garce:

He has a 6'10 wingspan. Plenty of potential there to become at least adequate defensively.

Ok
Alec Burks to the Warriors on a 1 year.

That completes roster, yes?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garce:

Ok

You don't need elite athleticism to be a solid defender. Klay Thompson is not an athletic freak by any means. Dude can barely dunk. Same with Draymond. Neither are athletic freaks.
Share 49ersWebzone