Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 692 users in the forums

OFFICIAL 2018 NBA Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by jcs:
New article today called it a sucker punch by TT

From Oakland's own hardcore Warrior fanboy, Marcus Thompson. Therefore, irrelevant article. This guy hangs out with Draymond, and made a documentary with him. He is cozy with the players, will never be critical of them.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by jcs:
New article today called it a sucker punch by TT

From Oakland's own hardcore Warrior fanboy, Marcus Thompson. Therefore, irrelevant article. This guy hangs out with Draymond, and made a documentary with him. He is cozy with the players, will never be critical of them.

Lol . Which means it came from Greens camp .
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 4ML:
If you're comparing any rookie or 2nd year player to an all time great like Kobe - you're jumping the gun. I'm sure Tatum will be a really good player...but some players only have an appetite to be really good.

LOL THIS. Let Tatum actually have a few good years before comparing him to one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Noone would bet their lives on this happening captain obviouses :) They're just making an observation. Happens all the time and nothing's wrong with it.

Exactly. No different than people comparing Ben Simmons to Lebron or Magic

You are right. Those comparisons are stupid too. Maybe in 5 years they might make sense but not after 1 rookie season.

Even Ben Simmons said that he's just a rookie and Lebron is one of the best players to ever play and it's disrespectful to Lebron when ppl compare him to Lebron.

"reincarnation of Kobe"

C'mon man...Tatum may not even be the best player drafted last summer. Let's wait a couple years before giving him such a high praise.

Comparisons happen in all sports. If Tatum reaches his ceiling its who i see him in. Kobe was his favorite player. Just like Mike was Kobes favorite. The resemblance is there. Will he ever win 5 rings and be a top 15 player all time? Doubt it but time will tell
And like clockwork Sixers first round pick breaks his foot. It's all most comical. I wasn't expecting much from Zhaire this year anyway
Originally posted by Knowledge:
And like clockwork Sixers first round pick breaks his foot. It's all most comical. I wasn't expecting much from Zhaire this year anyway

lol you see the shoes he was wearing? Pumas that look like socks. No wonder he broke it
Originally posted by valrod33:
lol you see the shoes he was wearing? Pumas that look like socks. No wonder he broke it

RIP DeAndre Ayton.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
It's early, but I like the comparison. Kobe was a less talented version of MJ who never put up close to the numbers Jordan put up. He emulated Jordan and they played the same position which is why they were compared, but statistically Jordan was in another league. There's no reason to compare Tatum to a poor man's Jordan when you can compare him to Kobe.

Kobe was compared to Jordan because he came immediately after Jordan. Tatum came up immediately after Kobe.

Kobe was a top 20 player of all time. Tatum is nowhere near that yet, but it's too early to say he can't get there. Kobe had a little more athleticism (but was nowhere near the athlete Westbrook is), but Tatum has a little more size and looks like he'll be a more efficient scorer while Kobe was a volume scorer (Tatum's true shooting percentage of 58.6% was higher than any season in Kobe's career). Tatum probably won't ever score 81 points in a game, but he also won't break Kobe's record for most missed field goals.

I don't know about "never put up close to the numbers Jordan put up"

87-88 Jordan: 35/6/6

05-06 Kobe: 35/5/6

I get your overall point, but your underplaying Kobe quite a bit here.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I get your overall point, but your underplaying Kobe quite a bit here.


The majority of basketball fans do.
I posted the rumor of Lakers vs GSW on Xmas a week ago or so. I'd like you all to take the time to acknowledge my superior internet browsing skills and give me the props I deserve.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I posted the rumor of Lakers vs GSW on Xmas a week ago or so. I'd like you all to take the time to acknowledge my superior internet browsing skills and give me the props I deserve.


It was kinda obvious wasn't it? There was no way we were gonna get Dubs vs Cavs on Christmas.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
I hope opening night we don't get Warriors v. Lakers now that we have them on Christmas. Hopefully Christmas night game is their first meeting.

I'd like to see Rockets vs Lakers at Staples...OKC vs Warriors...Toronto vs Boston/Philly on opening night

Toronto @ San Antonio on Christmas would be must see drama.
[ Edited by 4ML on Aug 7, 2018 at 11:24 PM ]
Maybe that's what I read/predicted. Lakers vs warriors for the season opener. f**k, I thought I was Micheal, but I'm Fredo.


  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673




Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone