Pre-Draft Tracker: Visits, Meetings, Workouts, Picks →

There are 178 users in the forums

College Football Thread

• dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The committee was right to put in Bama. They have victories over #6, #11, #13 and #25 and it's loss was to #3. FSU has wins over #13, #16 and with their qb out just doesn't appear to be a playoff team.

it was terrible
winner of FSU Georgia has a good argument imo to be the NC
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think FSU would have to smash UGA for that to happen .

UGA will most likely smash FSU doe , and that will quiet all the people upset about them not getting in .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

UGA will most likely smash FSU doe , and that will quiet all the people upset about them not getting in .

won't quiet me I'll just say they would have been more motivated in the CFP

won't quiet me I'll just say they would have been more motivated in the CFP

Sounds like true champions
Vigen, coach of Montana State, was OC for Josh Allen at Wyoming. At Montana St he's 32-9

his predecessor at the school is Choate. Who went 28-22 at Montana State, then DC Texas, now HC at Nevada.

someone needs to hire Vigen. Next Kalen DeBoer

Sounds like a true playoff with no undue influence and all deserving teams included

Sounds like a true playoff with no undue influence and all deserving teams included

That's exactly what it was always about. Money. You got to have Alabama for the ratings and advertising. $$$$$$ That's deeply unfair and wrong. Alabama has to lose 2 - 3 times to be out. Probably 3 which will never happen. So they will always be in the playoff.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 5, 2023 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That's exactly what it was always about. Money. You got to have Alabama for the ratings and advertising. $$$$$$ That's deeply unfair and wrong. Alabama has to lose 2 - 3 times to be out. Probably 3 which will never happen. So they will always be in the playoff.

Pretty sure that number is fake , and the source is horny frog

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Pretty sure that number is fake , and the source is horny frog

I'm sure there is probably some truth in it actually. Who knows what the actual number is though?
It totally sucks for FSU but the committee put the 4 teams in that have the best shot to win the title. Who should have been left out? Texas? They played a tougher schedule and went into Alabama and beat a great team. Alabama? This is a team peaking at the right time and knocked off the #1 team in the country.

I feel bad for them but with the injuries to their QBs and playing a pretty weak schedule (ranked 55th and no wins over a top 10 team) it just was too hard for FSU to overcome. Georgia will beat them in the Orange Bowl pretty easily IMO.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It totally sucks for FSU but the committee put the 4 teams in that have the best shot to win the title. Who should have been left out? Texas? They played a tougher schedule and went into Alabama and beat a great team. Alabama? This is a team peaking at the right time and knocked off the #1 team in the country.

I feel bad for them but with the injuries to their QBs and playing a pretty weak schedule (ranked 55th and no wins over a top 10 team) it just was too hard for FSU to overcome. Georgia will beat them in the Orange Bowl pretty easily IMO.

Whatever the committee would have selected would have been wrong. Even with a 12 team playoff, one year it will turn out unjust for someone. I think what was fundamentally wrong, though, was not publishing at the start of the season the process by which the playoff teams would be selected, and then sticking to it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I want to see the top teams play and Alabama was that. The only game they lost was to one of the other playoff teams while Florida State played a cupcake schedule and would have gotten thumped badly.
Worlds oldest 20 year old.

Share 49ersWebzone