LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 201 users in the forums

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20398462/magic-johnson-los-angeles-lakers-being-investigated-possible-tampering-regarding-paul-george

"if found guilty, PG won't be allowed to join the Lakers next year".

Jimmy followed that up by questioning what Magic would do if he saw Paul George while on vacation. Here's Magic's answer:

"No, we gonna say hi because we know each other, you just can't say, 'Hey, I want you to come to the Lakers,' even though I'll be wink winking like (winks a bunch of times) you know what that means right?"

magic ...

Not being allowed to come to the Lakers for PG is just one possible outcome if they find that this definitely happened. IMO, this is just the pacers sour grapes about PG not wanting to be there. Just like how they didn't take the best trade offer just to send him somewhere he definitely didn't want to be. Now they're accusing this of happening just to try and screw him next summer.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20398462/magic-johnson-los-angeles-lakers-being-investigated-possible-tampering-regarding-paul-george

Jimmy followed that up by questioning what Magic would do if he saw Paul George while on vacation. Here's Magic's answer:

"No, we gonna say hi because we know each other, you just can't say, 'Hey, I want you to come to the Lakers,' even though I'll be wink winking like (winks a bunch of times) you know what that means right?"

magic ...

Not being allowed to come to the Lakers for PG is just one possible outcome if they find that this definitely happened. IMO, this is just the pacers sour grapes about PG not wanting to be there. Just like how they didn't take the best trade offer just to send him somewhere he definitely didn't want to be. Now they're accusing this of happening just to try and screw him next summer.

No doubt. But it helps their cause in screwing him over when Magic makes those types of comments. Either way, this can be a blessing in disguise. Now we get LeBron, and your "favorite" player, Boogie.
  • titan
  • Veteran

magic ...

No doubt. But it helps their cause in screwing him over when Magic makes those types of comments. Either way, this can be a blessing in disguise. Now we get LeBron, and your "favorite" player, Boogie.

Screw that. It's a BIG IF they even see each other on vacation to throw the dude a wink. CRAP Allegations!!! Your going after a franchise and a player cause your sour that you can't keep a player. If this happens they better be ready to throw Cavs,Miami, and other into this mix.
Damn we got hit hard, 500K fine for tampering. I think that's more than fair...

Ain't no sweat off my balls. lol
  • titan
  • Veteran

If that's the end of it and it's cool!!! But to prevent us from getting George or take away draft picks I would definitely shake things up!
Originally posted by titan:

If that's the end of it and it's cool!!! But to prevent us from getting George or take away draft picks I would definitely shake things up!

It's basically a slap on the wrist just for the NBA to inform Magic that he can't just laugh off and ignore stuff like this.
Originally posted by titan:

It's basically a slap on the wrist just for the NBA to inform Magic that he can't just laugh off and ignore stuff like this.

Yup, and a slap we'll gladly take and move on from.
Signed Andrew Bogut to a 1 year deal. Solid vet Center to fill the giant man in the middle hole left with Mozgof gone.
Zubac has officially been put on notice. He needs to start producing quicker than he prob thought he needed too.

• BenQ
  • Veteran
Signed Andrew Bogut to a 1 year deal. Solid vet Center to fill the giant man in the middle hole left with Mozgof gone.

great defense and passing. just gotta stay healthy
Bogut seems like a weird signing to me. Wouldn't you want your younger bigs to get more time this year? Maybe the plan will be to move Lopez, perhaps in a package to dump Deng's boat anchor contract. And Bogut knows what Walton wants to run, and Luke knows him. Bogut is a glass man now, so maybe they figure he will only be there part time anyway. Lakers will be the team most fun to watch early in the season.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Bogut seems like a weird signing to me. Wouldn't you want your younger bigs to get more time this year? Maybe the plan will be to move Lopez, perhaps in a package to dump Deng's boat anchor contract. And Bogut knows what Walton wants to run, and Luke knows him. Bogut is a glass man now, so maybe they figure he will only be there part time anyway. Lakers will be the team most fun to watch early in the season.

I was thinking he'd provide a vet presence off the bench w his defense and passing
Lakers signed a sponsorship deal with Wish to wear their patch on their jerseys. It's an app/site that you buy all this cheap sh!t on from China. I've had the app for a while. Cool gadgets and stuff. Sorta surprising that they actually have enough money to spend on a big deal like this. lol
Lakers signed a sponsorship deal with Wish to wear their patch on their jerseys. It's an app/site that you buy all this cheap sh!t on from China. I've had the app for a while. Cool gadgets and stuff. Sorta surprising that they actually have enough money to spend on a big deal like this. lol

they can tattoo ads on players faces as far as i care, as long as it means less commercials.
Share 49ersWebzone