LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Can the niners have a rugby team

Can the niners have a rugby team

• 4x9er
  • Veteran
USA Rugby is finally going Professional in 2016 after a century of playing and winning gold medals in the Olympic games at the turn of the 20th century. Blessed by the Rugby World Governing body and USA Rugby, individual teams will have at least 5 international professional players in the new franchises and local and interstate paid players to fill the positions. John Mitchell former Allblack player and coach now current HC for the Eagles will provide his knowledge and know how to build a stronger foundation to the parent sport to American football. Now my poll is...Would Dick York be interested in a new niner franchise into the professional era of american rugby where world elite and world champion players and teams compete on a global and domestic scale.
THE SLEEPING GIANT IS ABOUT TO BE AWAKENED.
[ Edited by 4x9er on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:03 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
even if gire...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Another fantastic Aussie topic. Looking forward to your next thread!
Hayne still wouldnt start.
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
glad u like it, but would jed bite?
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Of course they can
They can have whatever they want to have
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Santa Clara Jed's
The San Francisco Smushers
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Jed's trying to hook up a pro soccer team so I don't see why not.

Santa Clara Goal Rush Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal
Someone gotta eat that sandwhich.

rename them the 1851ers
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

rename them the 1851ers
Whats that from?

Look another pointless post by you the sheriff of the webzone , this is not an aussie thread im am aussie and i hate rugby, rugby is a WORLD game and australia isnt the best team. And the op is asking if the niners would make a new rugby franchise within their group...
Originally posted by aussiepeter:

Look another pointless post by you the sheriff of the webzone , this is not an aussie thread im am aussie and i hate rugby, rugby is a WORLD game and australia isnt the best team. And the op is asking if the niners would make a new rugby franchise within their group...
australia is the second best team in the world, rugby is played in all parts of australia some states and territory at a amateur level, the rest such as ACT, W.A, QLD, NSW and VIC have a professional level. And if Jed wants world recognition put a team into this new comp...
So HELL YEAH!!!
Share 49ersWebzone