There are 110 users in the forums

BIG HITS 2015 NRL (no padding or helmets)

Honestly I'm convinced that Gab and Kap isn't your problem, it's other areas.

I also don't think any rugby players have the passing skills to play QB in the NFL, simply totally different types of passing. That's not to say that they can't learn it and practice, however it does take years to master being in a skilled position for all the codes.
Originally posted by monaroCountry:
Honestly I'm convinced that Gab and Kap isn't your problem, it's other areas.

I also don't think any rugby players have the passing skills to play QB in the NFL, simply totally different types of passing. That's not to say that they can't learn it and practice, however it does take years to master being in a skilled position for all the codes.

Yeah, and I believe the opposite would also be true. No NFL player could come over and play hooker (maybe there is a slight chance here), halfback, five-eighth or fullback in the NRL. Too much to learn.

Anyhow, this thread has pissing contest written all over it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by mike1302:
Should change the title to some big hits and a lot of pushing guys to the ground.

The modern game of rugby league requires you to strategically hold the offensive player up there by slowing the play the ball down so the defense can get back on side....They if they desired could knock them to ground.

Yeah, and the modern NFL game requires players to take the violence out of the hits. As retarded as that sounds, it's where the game is going. That's why you see a lot of poor tackling. Because guys are getting fined $70,000 for hitting a guy the way they should be hitting them. That said, there's still plenty of big hits.

We have had our game p***y-fied over the last 40 years.....video didn't just kill the radio star.
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike1302:
Should change the title to some big hits and a lot of pushing guys to the ground.

The modern game of rugby league requires you to strategically hold the offensive player up there by slowing the play the ball down so the defense can get back on side....They if they desired could knock them to ground.
thats because the game is played so much faster in these modern times compared to years ago, even nfl players wouldnt be able to keep up with the high endurance pace of the nrl, maybe 3rd division games yes.
Just wait until former players start suing your damb rugby league for Half a billion dollars.
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
NFL shoots like a rocket then stops and starts again, rugby both codes have to endure fast pace tempo but also be rocket like at the ready when scoring, breaking line defense or defending against a would be try.
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Just wait until former players start suing your damb rugby league for Half a billion dollars.
No suing due to contractual and OHS agreements and insurance.
[ Edited by 4x9er on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:27 PM ]
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Man I love playing mines bigger than yours, so much contention and positive negative pro or con arguments, gets the emotional juices flowing, and topics go from one subject to the next to many! Love it!
Originally posted by 4x9er:

No players union?
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4x9er:

No players union?
there is, under an arbitration committee I think.

• JoNeo
  • Veteran
Mark (Spud) Carroll Vs Paul (Chief) Harragon clash for some fireworks
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1524889/video-mark-carroll-v-paul-harragon/#ooid=V1M211YjoxWkuSHbni4OutdhbjvFIMF3
[ Edited by JoNeo on Jan 15, 2016 at 4:14 AM ]
Share 49erswebzone