LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 380 users in the forums

Surfing

Juesus.
I remember going snorkling at the great barrier reef .. swimming along a black tip reef shark swam past.... plus you have to wear a special suit for the box jelly fish
The scariest encounter I've had in the water was this one time down in the Florida keys. I was snorkeling around and ended up swimming way away from the group on accident, probably 2-300yrds. I'm in water that's about 20ft deep and it's really clear so you can pretty much see to the bottom easily. So as I'm cruising around I notice a 6ft Bull shark about 15ft deep. I tried my hardest not to make any sorta splashing on the top of the water as I slowly swam back to the group. He didn't come much closer to the top of the water be he shadowed me for a min or two. I had my little pocket knife in my hand, like it'd actually do something beside end up getting my hand bit off first...lol

The f**king Barracudas were just as scary. They'd just be chilling in the distance with their mouth open and all of those knarly ass teeth showing.
Originally posted by aussiepeter:
I remember going snorkling at the great barrier reef .. swimming along a black tip reef shark swam past.... plus you have to wear a special suit for the box jelly fish

f**k Australia...lol

You guys have the most venomous everything there. Spider, Snake, Jelly Fish, Ant, probably a bunch of other s**t that they don't talk about on animal planet.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Still safer then posting in the miner talk forum at the moment

Eating their own isn't half of it.
Wow! Pretty f**king crazy stories dude!
I've surfed up and down the northern California coast. Some of the most great white shark infested waters in the world. Never saw one. Never even saw a shark out there. I know they're there, but luckily I never drew their attention. lol

The scariest thing I've ever experienced out there was one time in Santa Cruz. We were out there for a little while and there wasn't too many guys in the water. I look back and saw a fin sticking out of the water. I've only been that scared a few times in my life. Gently started making my way in. I looked back and it was gone. Heading in a little more and I look back and there it is again. I'm like jesus f**king christ please go away. Making my way in a little more and I look back and the fin is still there. Then a f**king seal pops up with I swear to god a smile on it's face. It was swimming sideways and sticking it's side fin out of the water to make it look like a shark fin. I s**t you not. There was no reason at all for that f**ker to be doing that other than f**king with me/the surfers. lol I still headed in because I didn't want to sit out there in the shark buffet of seals and surfers. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I've surfed up and down the northern California coast. Some of the most great white shark infested waters in the world. Never saw one. Never even saw a shark out there. I know they're there, but luckily I never drew their attention. lol

The scariest thing I've ever experienced out there was one time in Santa Cruz. We were out there for a little while and there wasn't too many guys in the water. I look back and saw a fin sticking out of the water. I've only been that scared a few times in my life. Gently started making my way in. I looked back and it was gone. Heading in a little more and I look back and there it is again. I'm like jesus f**king christ please go away. Making my way in a little more and I look back and the fin is still there. Then a f**king seal pops up with I swear to god a smile on it's face. It was swimming sideways and sticking it's side fin out of the water to make it look like a shark fin. I s**t you not. There was no reason at all for that f**ker to be doing that other than f**king with me/the surfers. lol I still headed in because I didn't want to sit out there in the shark buffet of seals and surfers. lol

I heard the Bay is the mating grounds for Great Whites??

I grew up in the water, never did see a shark, went diving a mile off of shore at Malaikahana, North Shore of Hawaii, pitch black I can hardly see a thing never once worried about a shark. The way I see it, if you don't worry about them, you won't see them. That night I was diving, I was more worried about catching fish and finding my way back than anything else.

I went out at Ocean beach I think it was in SF right before the City, that place is frickin choppy as hell, I hardly caught a thing, it's also a long paddle out, did you ever surf there Stoney?? I also went out at Santa Cruz (dammit I forgot the name), everyone was tripping the f*** out cause I was wearing nothing but shorts lol, there is some nice-rights there. Went to Santa Cruz for birthday party, and once I was there I saw that beach and had to go in. I had some board shorts in the car and bought me a cheap ass board, it was awesome, glassy rights all day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Btw if any of you are ever in Hawaii and need a board let me know. My bro owns a Surf Board repair shop (Glass Tech) and has boards all over his house.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I heard the Bay is the mating grounds for Great Whites??

I grew up in the water, never did see a shark, went diving a mile off of shore at Malaikahana, North Shore of Hawaii, pitch black I can hardly see a thing never once worried about a shark. The way I see it, if you don't worry about them, you won't see them. That night I was diving, I was more worried about catching fish and finding my way back than anything else.

I went out at Ocean beach I think it was in SF right before the City, that place is frickin choppy as hell, I hardly caught a thing, it's also a long paddle out, did you ever surf there Stoney?? I also went out at Santa Cruz (dammit I forgot the name), everyone was tripping the f*** out cause I was wearing nothing but shorts lol, there is some nice-rights there. Went to Santa Cruz for birthday party, and once I was there I saw that beach and had to go in. I had some board shorts in the car and bought me a cheap ass board, it was awesome, glassy rights all day.

Yeah, me too. I've lived within 10-15min of the beach my whole life and the only thing I've seen around here was a 2ft Nurse shark one morning. I was fishing at the Venice Jetties and He was chilling by the rocks just sitting there. He didn't bother my bait, so I left him alone.

• MFWIC
  • Veteran
Live now but Mick fanning may or not be the next world champion surfer.

Hope he gets it.

Growing up brother killed in car crash

Nearly gets eaten by shark live on tv

This week his other brother dies
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Live now but Mick fanning may or not be the next world champion surfer.

Hope he gets it.

Growing up brother killed in car crash

Nearly gets eaten by shark live on tv

This week his other brother dies

I remember seeing that on the news
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Damm he missed out on the win, brassilian is now world champion. Good on him.

Still proud of Mick, such adversity to keep on going.

Interesting go point, in the final where he nearly got eaten they called the comp off and he was forced to take second place. With a lower number of points towards the world title competition. Result was he had to keep,winning in Hawaii . But if eye had won in South Africa he was almost a sure thing to win world title.
How did his brother die (the most recent one)?
Share 49ersWebzone