LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

The Kiwi, Maori and Pacific Island thread

• dmack
  • Veteran
Many Pacific islanders are represented in just about every major sport except winter sports and for some questionable reason swimming. Hayne a Fijian representative and descendant has inspired everyone on his feel good journey to the nfl.

The religious influences in Haynes latter life is a part of the pacific island culture ever since the christian missionaries arrived over the last couple of centuries, don't worry there were some failures at the start, some of them got eaten before they could teach the Lords prayer.

Now sport is a vital part in every culture, life and death was the feature, rapa'a nui for example, over time it meandered to what it is today, professionalism, fame, money, athletism, Legendary.

Jarryd Hayne
Dwayne Johnson
Jonah Lomu
Tim Cahill
Sonny Bill Williams
David Tua
Israel Folau
Michael Jones
Buck Shelford
Mal Meninga

Just to name a few.
[ Edited by dmack on Oct 27, 2015 at 5:34 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • dmack
  • Veteran
Yep jrg hayne isnt just an aussie hes a coconut through and through, proud to float on the sea and end up heeeyyy in da NFL,
Y'all don't claim polomolou
Good thread. JRG, I think you live in some hick ass area, but there are these Islands in the Pacific Ocean. That's where Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and other bodies of land are. There are human beings there also.
Originally posted by dmack:
Yep jrg hayne isnt just an aussie hes a coconut through and through, proud to float on the sea and end up heeeyyy in da NFL,

Yeah he was born in Australia he has Fiji'an relatives on his fathers side. His mother is a white Australian. He played for Australia whenever he was picked and played for Fiji when he wasn't picked for Australia. You shouldn't use the name coconut either.. Its like calling an Aboriginal an Abbo.. Its disrespectful and was coined and used with racial insults.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Good thread. JRG, I think you live in some hick ass area, but there are these Islands in the Pacific Ocean. That's where Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and other bodies of land are. There are human beings there also.

i don't care what you think.
Originally posted by jrg:

Messing with you man. Damn you got sensitive.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Messing with you man. Damn you got sensitive.

lol all these aussie threads are killing me man
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 27, 2015 at 8:22 AM ]
lol all these aussie threads are killing me man

Hey now.. This isn't an Aussie thread.. Read the title. Neither is the All Blacks thread.. Go ahead and blame us for the Hayne threads and the Rugby/Rugby league threads tho.. lol
[ Edited by growlzee on Oct 27, 2015 at 8:27 AM ]

Are we supposed to discuss something here, or is this just an FYI thread?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Are we supposed to discuss something here, or is this just an FYI thread?

Good question.. Looks more like an attention seeking thread tbh.. Wouldn't get a big enough audience as a post in the rugby, rugby league and numerous Hayne threads.. Needed to make a whole new thread to tell everyone about how awesome New Zealanders and Pacific Islanders are at sport..
[ Edited by growlzee on Oct 27, 2015 at 8:41 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Ugh.
Share 49ersWebzone