There are 223 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors 2015-16

Bored at work so I went back to an old Warriors thread and looked at some comments after the pick of Curry. Hillarious.. Be careful before you laugh because it may have been you that said these. LOL Or thought them.

"I would freak out but I think Stephen Curry is going to the Suns.
If we don't end up with Amare, I'm going to kill something.
There are at least 10 players picked after Stephen Curry that I guarantee will be better a pro than him. "

"Wow we won't get Amare because of Stephen motherf*cking Curry?
You have got to be kidding me."

" Patty Mills is a better player than Curry. I would've rather had Jordan Hill and then traded for a second to grab Mills.
Whatever. It's just the same old Warriors. Like usual I wont be watching very many game again this year"

"If we're holding up this trade because we don't want to add Curry, then we are f**king retarded"

This one came from a basketball guru in here....

"Guys like Marco & Wright are incredibly easy to replace and have young guys ahead of them on the depth chart. I'd be willing to bet that Curry will fall into that group too, and you already have the one thing that he does very well on the squad and in your future plans. (Morrow) And while Beans is a nice player, YOU'RE REPLACING HIM WITH AMARE f**kING STOUDEMIRE!!!!
Amare's one of the Top 10-15 players in the league AND you get to keep your best two players...and you're worried about Marco & Curry? Are you guys serious?!?!"

This one comes from someone who posts in here all the time...

"can this deal be done without beans?
I would throw curry, buike, wright, belli, and a lottery protected 1st or some combo of draft picks"

I agree with you 100% Thizz. I said above that I think Marco Belinelli, both now and in the future, will be a better NBA player than Stephen Curry.
I wonder if I said any of those

Was prolly to busy lol'ing at crzy's responses.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I wonder if I said any of those

Was prolly to busy lol'ing at crzy's responses.

You may have.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 10, 2016 at 12:04 PM ]
I didn't want to draft Curry; I like many figured he was too undersized at SG and not a natural PG. I wanted Tyreke or Brandon Jennings, I'm not gonna lie. Then again there weren't that many people that were Pro Curry in the thread either so don't give me that lol.

What would be more interesting are the responses to Monta/Udoh being traded for an injured Bogut/Captain Jack... I could count the supporters of that trade with my hands.
Pre Draft report

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/stephen-curry

NBA Comparison: Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (lol )

Weaknesses: Far below NBA standard in regard to explosivenes and athleticism ... At 6-2, he's extremely small for the NBA shooting guard position, and it will likely keep him from being much of a defender at the next level ... Although he's playing point guard this year, he's not a natural point guard that an NBA team can rely on to run a team ... Struggles defensively getting around screens ... Can overshoot and rush into shots from time to time (vs. WV) ... Hasn't had to deal with getting benched due to poor performance (shooting) which has allowed him to shoot through any slumps. Will have to adjust to not being a volume shooter which could have an effect on his effectiveness ... Doesn't like when defenses are too physical with him ... Not a great finisher around the basket due to his size and physical attributes ... Makes some silly mistakes at the PG position. Needs to add some muscles to his upper body, but appears as though he'll always be skinny ...
Originally posted by YungAce:
I didn't want to draft Curry; I like many figured he was too undersized at SG and not a natural PG. I wanted Tyreke or Brandon Jennings, I'm not gonna lie. Then again there weren't that many people that were Pro Curry in the thread either so don't give me that lol.

What would be more interesting are the responses to Monta/Udoh being traded for an injured Bogut/Captain Jack... I could count the supporters of that trade with my hands.

I was fine with Curry being drafted once Tyreke Evans was gone. I never liked Jennings at all. Tyreke was my draft crush at the time. As for the trade..your wish is my command... By the way, you were in agreement with me.. . Your post
"We win if Bogut stays healthy or if we keep our top 7 protected pick. IMO its a risky move that the Warriors of all teams are able to take."
And if we lose this trade... We stay a bad team, oh well. The Ellis/Curry backcourt was going nowhere.

My posts right after the deal:
"Probably a smart trade. This team was never going to win with the pieces they had. Everyone in here has been calling for Lacob to blow it up. Now they get a legit big man and probably wont win another game this year without Monta or Udoh. We are back in the lotto!"

"I think Lacob came to the conclusion that we all pretty much had. The Warriors would NEVER win a title or even contend for one with the makeup of this group. 2 small guards and nothing at center doesnt work in the NBA.

Something needed to be done. If Bogut gives them an inside presence along with David Lee and we do get a lottery pick ( and maybe a top 3 if we get lucky) then this trade is a huge win".

Sometimes you just have to take a risk. It isnt like the Warriors were a playoff team and this deal will kill that. I am WAY more upset about dealing Udoh than Monta but the deal never gets done obviously without him in the deal. I do hope we can flip SJAX to a contender though. I still hate him.

Not the guys not so happy....
Stoney:
'm blown away by this trade. I'd be pretty pissed if I was a W's fan.

One of our Mods...
Holy s**t what a horrific trade............

Rabbit
We give up the All-Star player AND take on the bad contracts.
Who really believes Bogut is EVER gonna be fully healthy? Go ahead and step up

Others..
This trade... it pisses me off to no end. I'm so mad.

You always take a big for a small, but... Damn. It just doesn't seem like enough. You have to hope Curry and Bogut stay healthy? Really? These are two players who are never healthy. f**k.

some guy named 190836 (LOL at worst trade ever)
We have to start tanking, cause if we don't keep the first round draft pick, this trade is going to go down as one of the worst trades ever. We traded our best player for an often injured center and a head case small forward! Wow!!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Bored at work so I went back to an old Warriors thread and looked at some comments after the pick of Curry. Hillarious.. Be careful before you laugh because it may have been you that said these. LOL Or thought them.

"I would freak out but I think Stephen Curry is going to the Suns.
If we don't end up with Amare, I'm going to kill something.
There are at least 10 players picked after Stephen Curry that I guarantee will be better a pro than him. "

"Wow we won't get Amare because of Stephen motherf*cking Curry?
You have got to be kidding me."

" Patty Mills is a better player than Curry. I would've rather had Jordan Hill and then traded for a second to grab Mills.
Whatever. It's just the same old Warriors. Like usual I wont be watching very many game again this year"

"If we're holding up this trade because we don't want to add Curry, then we are f**king retarded"

This one came from a basketball guru in here....

"Guys like Marco & Wright are incredibly easy to replace and have young guys ahead of them on the depth chart. I'd be willing to bet that Curry will fall into that group too, and you already have the one thing that he does very well on the squad and in your future plans. (Morrow) And while Beans is a nice player, YOU'RE REPLACING HIM WITH AMARE f**kING STOUDEMIRE!!!!
Amare's one of the Top 10-15 players in the league AND you get to keep your best two players...and you're worried about Marco & Curry? Are you guys serious?!?!"

This one comes from someone who posts in here all the time...

"can this deal be done without beans?
I would throw curry, buike, wright, belli, and a lottery protected 1st or some combo of draft picks"

I agree with you 100% Thizz. I said above that I think Marco Belinelli, both now and in the future, will be a better NBA player than Stephen Curry.

Good thing I wasn't on the board back then. Probably would have said something similarly stupid.

I also remember when people were really upset when it was reported we didn't want to trade Curry for Rajon Rondo. Between that and Klay for K-Love, we've made two of the best non-trades of all-time lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Good thing I wasn't on the board back then. Probably would have said something similarly stupid.

I also remember when people were really upset when it was reported we didn't want to trade Curry for Rajon Rondo. Between that and Klay for K-Love, we've made two of the best non-trades of all-time lol.

Um... you sure about that? LOL Just kidding man.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 10, 2016 at 1:25 PM ]
Um... you sure about that?

Sure about which? Not being on the board, or the thing about Rondo?

Have a feeling I'm about to get caught with something I don't remember.
Um... you sure about that? LOL Just kidding man.

Ahhh..okay.. Phew!!!

Curry with that sick behind the back...but the fact that Harden was there on defense drops that move from a 10 to a 9.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Curry with that sick behind the back...but the fact that Harden was there on defense drops that move from a 10 to a 9.

that entire play was an 11 on a 1-10 scale
I can't believe we posted frequently through those times
Originally posted by YungAce:
I can't believe we posted frequently through those times

Kind of fun to look back at what was being said
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Same. When I read we rejected a trade involving Steph for Chris Paul and another one which was essentially Steph/Biedrins for Rondo, I was losing my mind. At the time, Curry couldnt stay healthy and Monta was the better player. Then we ended up trading for Bogut...who was also a player who couldnt stay healthy.

I would have had MANY quotables if I was around back then hahahaha.
Share 49ersWebzone