Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 661 users in the forums

NRL Rugby League, General Discussion.

Originally posted by JoNeo:
Hey mate
Don't know what you'r flight is but Quantas had their own news which they put up during flights fairly regularly
Going to just have to be ready to lalala when the news is on .You may be able to get a full replay from NRL website
Welcome back to the land of the living BTW

Cheers Jo! Yeah, I'll have to google a stream I guess. Hopefully I can find a way to watch the game without having to pay for a full season or something like that. Not too familiar with how that side all works, I just watch my footy on free TV.
Originally posted by Zealot:
Cheers Jo! Yeah, I'll have to google a stream I guess. Hopefully I can find a way to watch the game without having to pay for a full season or something like that. Not too familiar with how that side all works, I just watch my footy on free TV.

Hey Zealot im not 100% sure but i think the nrl digital pass is about $3 per week includes rep games and a one week free trial. Just cancel after the free trial expires?
... ...

I love origin time. I hate origin time.
Thanks Locky, I'll look into that.
Just watched Sterlo interviewing Ian Roberts didnt know he played a role in superman with kevin spacey.
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:
Yeah i wouldn't want to be a warriors fan, would be frustrating watching your team packed full of talent constantly under achieve. I did think that 2011 was going to be their year after going down to the chooks in '02 but not to be.
They need to hire smart players not boof heads, nz have unlimited talent of boofheads and not enough smarts.

I'll admit to not knowing much about the club but i think if they had a really elite coach and a healthy roster theyd be unstoppable. Shame about konrad hurrell tho. Guy was a beast.
Was a fumblemeister and played really stupid at times like a fair few of them, just got to pick out players that have the smarts in their noggin not just the physique to bust through tackles but both beast and brains.
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Was a fumblemeister and played really stupid at times like a fair few of them, just got to pick out players that have the smarts in their noggin not just the physique to bust through tackles but both beast and brains.

Like NZs version of Dave Taylor?
Originally posted by Zealot:
Thanks Locky, I'll look into that.

Good luck
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,695
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Just watched Sterlo interviewing Ian Roberts didnt know he played a role in superman with kevin spacey.

Ian Roberts was one of the toughest gay men to play the game
Dr spock lookalike had a shoulder charge that could stop guys cold
Just a quick note re the Tigers. (I have been saying this all year).

5 wins
same 5 games without Farah.

The NSW Blues are doomed.

How many games did they win when he played for NSW?
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,695
I have liked Farrah in the past but mabye he's past his best now
He had the neck and neck thing with Enis the menace for a good while
Who do the Tigers slot into the nine otherwise?
Originally posted by LockyersLeftBoot:
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Was a fumblemeister and played really stupid at times like a fair few of them, just got to pick out players that have the smarts in their noggin not just the physique to bust through tackles but both beast and brains.

Like NZs version of Dave Taylor?
close enough yeah thats a good compare good thinking 99 but times it by how many in the ranks and youll get 1 in 5 no lets not exaggerate, its 1/10+ for brains, the rest a bull in a chinaman shop.
[ Edited by 4x4niner on May 28, 2016 at 1:07 AM ]
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Just watched Sterlo interviewing Ian Roberts didnt know he played a role in superman with kevin spacey.

Ian Roberts was one of the toughest gay men to play the game
Dr spock lookalike had a shoulder charge that could stop guys cold
lol Roberts explained why he began to play harder, it was at a time when outside of rugby league gossip and dissent was affecting him, not by the players they knew he was gay but the public pressure and media also a 15 year old teenage boy whom Ian and his partner had looked after
was molested and ended up on the street ian took him in and set the kid on a straight path but unfortunately the kid got murdered by his molester which affected ian, he was a witness as well.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,695
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
Just watched Sterlo interviewing Ian Roberts didnt know he played a role in superman with kevin spacey.

Ian Roberts was one of the toughest gay men to play the game
Dr spock lookalike had a shoulder charge that could stop guys cold
lol Roberts explained why he began to play harder, it was at a time when outside of rugby league gossip and dissent was affecting him, not by the players they knew he was gay but the public pressure and media also a 15 year old teenage boy whom Ian and his partner had looked after
was molested and ended up on the street ian took him in and set the kid on a straight path but unfortunately the kid got murdered by his molester which affected ian, he was a witness as well.

Diddn't know that 4by
He certainly had the fire in the belly,a tackling machine
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Diddn't know that 4by
He certainly had the fire in the belly,a tackling machine
Yeah if you get the chance to watch sterlo interviews ian roberts it certainly shows he wasnt a bad guy.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone