There are 222 users in the forums

2014-15 NBA General Discussion Thread

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Chris bosh called playing with LeBron "frustrating". So he thinks gravy training 2 championships was frustrating. What a moron.

I kind of get what he's saying but yeah, I'd shut it if I were him. Combined with his other comments, he's just coming off kind of butt hurt IMO.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris bosh called playing with LeBron "frustrating". So he thinks gravy training 2 championships was frustrating. What a moron.

Titles mean more overall. Numbers mean more $ wise.

You think he enjoyed going from THE guy in Toronto to the 3rd guy in Miami?

Sure, he won some titles (which is the overall goal), but you have to assume it cost some $. Overall, I agree with you because still #3 guy on a title winning team nets quite a bit of cash. If he was a little younger and didn't ride Bron's coattails, he would've signed a max deal somewhere.
Originally posted by jrg:

Sure, he won some titles (which is the overall goal), but you have to assume it cost some $. Overall, I agree with you because still #3 guy on a title winning team nets quite a bit of cash. If he was a little younger and didn't ride Bron's coattails, he would've signed a max deal somewhere.

No one made him sign in Miami. He knew he was gonna be the 3rd guy there and have to give up some cash, so he got exactly what he wanted at the time which was to play for a contender for the first time. The dude got 2 rings out of it, multiple final appearances and I'm sure living in Miami helped out his "brand" more than Toronto ever could.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:

No one made him sign in Miami. He knew he was gonna be the 3rd guy there and have to give up some cash, so he got exactly what he wanted at the time which was to play for a contender for the first time. The dude got 2 rings out of it, multiple final appearances and I'm sure living in Miami helped out his "brand" more than Toronto ever could.

Oh...so he lived in a state that is known for NOT coming to sports events? He jumped to Miami for the titles, but could have made more $ elsewhere.

Oh...so he lived in a state that is known for NOT coming to sports events? He jumped to Miami for the titles, but could have made more $ elsewhere.

What does the state not coming to sporting events have anything to do with him? We all know he could have made more money elsewhere. He easily could have got over 20 million then but going to Miami and pairing himself up with Wade and Lebron put Chris Bosh on the map in terms of being known by a national audience. I can guarantee to you that the average sports fan didn't know s**t about Bosh while he was up in Toronto playing for a horrible team, but the moment he came out dancing on stage with Lebron and Wade people took notice. Outside of signing with a NY team or the Lakers, the Miami signing made Bosh go from being seen as a star to a superstar in the NBA even if he wasn't deserving of "superstar" status.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
What does the state not coming to sporting events have anything to do with him? We all know he could have made more money elsewhere. He easily could have got over 20 million then but going to Miami and pairing himself up with Wade and Lebron put Chris Bosh on the map in terms of being known by a national audience. I can guarantee to you that the average sports fan didn't know s**t about Bosh while he was up in Toronto playing for a horrible team, but the moment he came out dancing on stage with Lebron and Wade people took notice. Outside of signing with a NY team or the Lakers, the Miami signing made Bosh go from being seen as a star to a superstar in the NBA even if he wasn't deserving of "superstar" status.

I get ya, but I just disagree. The state not coming to games has a lot to do with it because I think the NBA has enough of a fan base to notice talent. Hell, I'm a Magic fan man. I've never been to a game. I knew who Chris Bosh was. After the first season with Miami I forgot who he was (sarcasm)...but you get what I'm saying. He was no longer a legit factor in games. I know his goal is to win titles, but I think he would have made more money on his own. Looking at the way the NBA is now and how dudes like Chandler Parsons are getting crazy deals, I think he would have been better off on his own. He got his titles, but his overall message to Love is to no longer expect to be THE GUY (money), but to tag along and win a few titles.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I get ya, but I just disagree. The state not coming to games has a lot to do with it because I think the NBA has enough of a fan base to notice talent. Hell, I'm a Magic fan man. I've never been to a game. I knew who Chris Bosh was. After the first season with Miami I forgot who he was (sarcasm)...but you get what I'm saying. He was no longer a legit factor in games. I know his goal is to win titles, but I think he would have made more money on his own. Looking at the way the NBA is now and how dudes like Chandler Parsons are getting crazy deals, I think he would have been better off on his own. He got his titles, but his overall message to Love is to no longer expect to be THE GUY (money), but to tag along and win a few titles.

As a FA coming out of Toronto, any team that needed a PF would've given him max money. The guy was able to do everything in Toronto, including scoring from the post and rebounding, two things that he forgot how to do while in Miami.

And ya he knew what he was getting into, he knew he was going to be that 3rd man and not get the money he deserved at the time. He's no where close to deserving max money now, even though he pretty much got it. I truly believe that if Bosh would've stayed in Toronto or gone to another team where he's no worse than the 2nd option, he would've been a player that we all talk about as HOF caliber.
kind of excited to have SVG coaching my pistons. far from world beaters we are but i think he can get this team playing respectable ball.
Originally posted by crabman82:
kind of excited to have SVG coaching my pistons. far from world beaters we are but i think he can get this team playing respectable ball.

I think they'll be a playoff team for sure with Van Gundy as coach. Still kinda unsure of him being the GM too though.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

As a FA coming out of Toronto, any team that needed a PF would've given him max money. The guy was able to do everything in Toronto, including scoring from the post and rebounding, two things that he forgot how to do while in Miami.

And ya he knew what he was getting into, he knew he was going to be that 3rd man and not get the money he deserved at the time. He's no where close to deserving max money now, even though he pretty much got it. I truly believe that if Bosh would've stayed in Toronto or gone to another team where he's no worse than the 2nd option, he would've been a player that we all talk about as HOF caliber.

He didn't "forget" how to do those things. He wasn't put in the position to do those things.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yea, I think he was referring to going from no. 1 option to no. 3 option and not able to always do what you do best. That can be frustrating. Lebron had to adapt, Wade had to adapt and Bosh had to adapt.

I don't think he needs to be upset over money because he made his money when Lebron left for Cleveland.

But, I disagree with Bosh on Love. Love is a better shooter and a better rebounder. Love is just a really poor defender and injury prone - the ONLY two reasons why I'm not a Love fan...but offensively there is no question he's a much better player than Bosh ever was or can be...and it will be obvious this year because Love will put up much better offensive and rebouding numbers than Bosh did in Miami.

Bosh was never a super-star or no. 1 guy on a really good team. Bosh was/is an all-star but never a super-star.

0 pts in game 7 lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Dion Waiters look so much better than last year already

Old habits die hard I guess
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Old habits die hard I guess

lool

Him and Cole are good friends too - were seen practicing together this summer. Same agent too.

Might as well set a screen for him.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone