LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Anyone follow the CFL at all?

Thinking of trying to pay attention to it just to get a little football fix. Trying to figure out which team to root for. Leaning toward Calgary just because I like their uniforms and they have a couple of guys from Texas starting at QB and WR.

Anyone follow them closely enough to sell me on why to root for/against any certain teams?
i follow the cfl but i'm canadian. i'm a bc lions fans as i live in vancouver. last night we lost to winnipeg but retired the number of geroy simon who is the cfl's version of jerry rice in terms of having all of the rec records. i had the pleasure of watching cameron wake before he became an nfl star. former niner qb troy smith is starting for montreal.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jul 26, 2014 at 8:25 PM ]
Is he? Has he done anything in the league? What's the deal with Montreal? Are they a good team? What about the BC team? Is their logo a pot leaf?
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Is he? Has he done anything in the league? What's the deal with Montreal? Are they a good team? What about the BC team? Is their logo a pot leaf?

troy smith has just been average, not great but not brutal. he is throwing to among others chad johnson and duron carter (cris carter son). the 2 best teams i've seen so far are calgary (only undefeated team) and edmonton. the schedule is a little jacked up this year as ottawa was brought back into the league making it a 9 team league, so every week 1 team has a bye. winnipeg which used to be in the east moved over to the west as a result of ottawa coming back. right now the west is playing much better ball, with the eastern division doing their best nfc west from 2010 with every team sitting at 1-3 after 4 games.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Are these games easy to find online?
Originally posted by DVDA:
Are these games easy to find online?

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/type/upcoming/sport/football/search/CFL/

http://cfl.ca/page/2014-us-broadcast-schedule
Ya I catch a few Minnesota Vikings games when they are on. The have a good running back
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Ya I catch a few Minnesota Vikings games when they are on. The have a good running back

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

would be funnier if we could actually win when we go up there
Share 49ersWebzone