There are 152 users in the forums

Most heart breaking moments in Sports History

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Muggins:

1990 NFC Championship Game with the Roger Craig fumble. We were running out the clock on our way to face the Bills in the Superbowl.

This.

Yup, but it was this that broke my heart the most:

PoS Robert Horry!

Originally posted by valrod33:
Kyle Williams

lmfao!! nice
1995-1997: losing to the Packers
2002 World Series
Kyle Williams and Super Bowl 47
Originally posted by JustinMT:
The last 3 years
MJ's pushoff in 98
Luis Gonzalez's base hit in the 2001 World Series
2004 ALCS when the Red Sox came back to beat the Yankees
The UCLA/Gonzaga Sweet 16 game in 2006

lmao

funny how none of the jazz players claimed it was a foul at the time...

1990 NFC Championship Game with the Roger Craig fumble. We were running out the clock on our way to face the Bills in the Superbowl.

I'm with you there brother

There will be no three peat. After Matt Bahr kicked that field goal I felt as though someone punched me in the stomach.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

This.
That was it for me also. I expected that era's team to win every play-off game they played in, so all the loses hurt bad especially missing out on a chance to 3 peat. Our last 3 seasons ended rough, but with our current offense being less than stellar I don't have the high expectations I did of the teams led by Montana and Young, so the loses don't seem to sting as bad now as they did in the glory days.
1) 2002 Worls Series Game 6 ( f**k you Dusty Baker)
2) 1990 NFC Title Game ( Screw you Roger Craig)
3) 2013 Super Bowl ( EAD Greg Roman)

Those 3 stand out to me because there is no doubt our home teams should have won all 3
5-1

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Those 3 stand out to me because there is no doubt our home teams should have won all 3

The Ravens were better for most of that game. Thats why I didn't consider it heart breaking.
Originally posted by MrOrange:

The Ravens were better for most of that game. Thats why I didn't consider it heart breaking.

Thats nice. But, when you have first and goal on the 5 yard line to win a 6th SB (and first in 20 years) and you dont get it done because of stupid play calling I think its heart breaking. I couldnt care less who played better for most of the game.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Was 8 years old in 1994, so this one was extremely important to me.

Me too i was 8 yrs old at 94 and to be just 5 yards away from 6-0
Originally posted by MrOrange:

Thats nice. But, when you have first and goal on the 5 yard line to win a 6th SB (and first in 20 years) and you dont get it done because of stupid play calling I think its heart breaking. I couldnt care less who played better for most of the game.

i can understand the heart break but i think people are forgetting a td for us only puts us up 1 point, we'd need a 2pt conversion just to make it a 3 point lead. there was 1:45 left on the clock, even with that 3 pt lead thats enough time for a fg attempt and potential 1st ever OT sb game. that game was far from over even with a td from us.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:23 AM ]
  • Jiks

I've never been so pissed after this next one... I hucked and broke my remote.

These arent the most heartbreaking in history, but for me personally these ones hurt pretty damn bad.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone