LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Michael Sam comes out

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10429030/michael-sam-missouri-tigers-says-gay

Always figured it would be a Mizzou athlete.

Seriously though, should be interesting to see how this develops.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Great now this s**t will be all up on espn for days and days.
Just did a quick google and it has him listed at the 10th overall DE. So prior to this I assume he was going to be drafted (or not since he says most people seem to know he was gay prior to this). If he doesn't get drafted the backlash is going to be big on this.
Sehawks going to take him
Matthew EngelWhy in the hell do gays feel they need to tell the world their private sexual business? No one gives a crap if you take it in the butt

Best response to this comment:

Warren Bolden : looking at you, you probably take it up the butt for cocaine money
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10429030/michael-sam-missouri-tigers-says-gay

Always figured it would be a Mizzou athlete.

Seriously though, should be interesting to see how this develops.
Good for the kid. We have gay and lesbian soldiers serving our country. I say let the gay doot play!
This could divide a locker. Teams are going to have to do there homework. On another note what if he sucks and is a bust and gets cut or what ever, will he go the Klue way??
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
This could divide a locker. Teams are going to have to do there homework. On another note what if he sucks and is a bust and gets cut or what ever, will he go the Klue way??

Draft day is really going to be interesting with respect to him. By all account he should be picked within the top 3 or 4 rounds?
I live in southwest Missouri about 3 Hour drive from Mizzou so this should be a hot topic around these parts at least through most of Missouri. Should be interesting listening to the local sports talk radio.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Good for him. Bold move to come out couple of months before the draft.

It's 2014...it's fukin' god damn time for teams to draft players on merits not sexual orientation. If something like this divides a locker room then the problem exists in that locker room. Management should make it clear to every single one of the players that they're here for one sole purpose and that is to win. If they can't play as a team then they'll cut.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Kinda seemed like it
[ Edited by jrg on Feb 9, 2014 at 5:49 PM ]

Oh. I'm pretty sure he sucks.
The NFL is probably pissed about this. He was a mid round projection, now if he doesn't get drafted it will be a HUGE black eye for the NFL. NFL would much rather keep these type of social and political issues out of the game. I'm assuming just about every team would be extremely hesitant to take him because of the locker room backlash and his NFL projection is probably not worth the risk .
Originally posted by sacniner:
The NFL is probably pissed about this. He was a mid round projection, now if he doesn't get drafted it will be a HUGE black eye for the NFL. NFL would much rather keep these type of social and political issues out of the game. I'm assuming just about every team would be extremely hesitant to take him because of the locker room backlash and his NFL projection is probably not worth the risk .

He made the reveal because he wants to guarantee an NFL job.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Oh. I'm pretty sure he sucks.

Dick?
Share 49ersWebzone