The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I don't know which of rob's sub-threads to post this in...so I'll leave it here

Red Sox take out post-World Series ad in St. Louis

ST. LOUIS (KSDK) – A week after defeating the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series, the Boston Red Sox took out a full-page ad in Tuesday's St. Louis Post-Dispatch, thanking the city for a good contest.

"From one great baseball town to another," the ad reads.

"On behalf of our partners and the entire Red Sox organization, thank you St. Louis. The warm Midwestern welcome you extended to our team and our fans during this year's hard-fought World Series is truly appreciated. Your region, its people, and the entire Cardinals organization represent everything that's great about baseball.

"We share the same colors and rich, storied baseball history that stretches from Musial and Williams, to Molina and Pedroia. We're both home to the most loyal, passionate fans in the game. And the four World Series in which we've gone head-to-head are still etched in the memories of those who love our sport.

"So we tip our hats to each and every one of you. We look forward to seeing you again next August. Let's hope that it's just a prelude to meeting again in October."

The letter is signed by John Henry, the principal owner of the Red Sox, chairman Tom Werner and President Larry Lucchino.

Pat McGonigle asked about the ad on Twitter, and as of 6:20 a.m., most of the sentiment was positive, thanking Red Sox fans for their class.

link

I bet they wouldnt have taken a full page ad if they had lost to the Cards.

Wouldn't know because the Cardinals can never beat them

Cool gesture of them though
As a Braves fan eager to start a war between you both, I will say this. It was a cock-slap. A veiled attempt at respect, when really it was a straight dig at your heart. We won, we are better, but to make you feel better we are saying you are okay. Yet, it is we with all the power!

Or they are really nice.
Originally posted by fropwns:
As a Braves fan eager to start a war between you both, I will say this. It was a cock-slap. A veiled attempt at respect, when really it was a straight dig at your heart. We won, we are better, but to make you feel better we are saying you are okay. Yet, it is we with all the power!

Or they are really nice.

Nah, your first assumption was correct, veiled attempt at respect just because they won.
Would be funny if Beltran decides to go Red Sox because it would be another case if you can't beat them, join them.
The Dodgers starting outfield,projected pre-Puig, is on the block. Known about Ethier but Kemp and Crawford? WOW!
Originally posted by robniner:
The Dodgers starting outfield,projected pre-Puig, is on the block. Known about Ethier but Kemp and Crawford? WOW!

If I were the Dodgers id be trying to dump those guys too. Theyre inconsistant, damaged goods who cost a ton.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Well Beltran is as good as gone

Not worth a three or four year deal; two the most.

and your team gets a draft pick in a very good draft class.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Maybe we'll get another Michael Wacha
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Maybe we'll get another Michael Wacha

Apparently the Indians gave Wacha do the Cards because they thought he was gonna be too expensive and that his Aggie teammate was much better.

See how that turned out.

• jrg
  • Veteran
robniner's.....I mean MLBTR's Free Agency Contest

Predict where each FA will go

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014freeagentcontest
robniner's.....I mean MLBTR's Free Agency Contest

Predict where each FA will go

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014freeagentcontest

Just ask rob and he'll give you the correct answers. He has mlb insider info.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
MLB: Cardinals and Rockies expected to discuss possible Troy Tulowitzki trade this week, according to Yahoo Sports.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/cardinals-rockies-to-discuss-troy-tulowitzki-trade.html
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cardinals-expected-to-discuss-possible-troy-tulowitzki-trade-with-rockies-at-gm-meetings-030657614.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

PLEASE!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone