LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

The 2013-14 MLB Hot Stove Tracker And Spring Training Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I agree. I think the Cards should go after Tulo with an offer the Rockies couldnt resist. Something like Martinez, Adams, and a top prospect. If they resigned Beltran and traded for Tulo they would be very hard to beat.

But that contract, doe. And he's often hurt. I don't know if the Cards would take that gamble.
Rob what are the angels gonna do!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I agree. I think the Cards should go after Tulo with an offer the Rockies couldnt resist. Something like Martinez, Adams, and a top prospect. If they resigned Beltran and traded for Tulo they would be very hard to beat.

But that contract, doe. And he's often hurt. I don't know if the Cards would take that gamble.

i would in a heartbeat. look at how close they were WITHOUT him. they have a TON of $ coming off the books (chris carpenter, rafael furcal, etc)...roughly around 40 mil
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

i would in a heartbeat. look at how close they were WITHOUT him. they have a TON of $ coming off the books (chris carpenter, rafael furcal, etc)...roughly around 40 mil

Martinez is going to be a stud but the Cards would still be loaded at SP. Adams is a good hitter but expendable.

Carpenter 3b
Beltran rf
Holliday lf
Tulo ss
Craig 1b
Molina c
Taveras cf
Wong 2b

That would be a hell of a lineup. Nice combo of young players and vets and gives the Cards more speed and power in the lineup. If I was their GM I would really try to make a deal like that. Hell, I would probably offer them their choice of Waccha, Miller, or Martinez.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
McCann will sign with the Red Sox.

Book It

Apparently,

McCann hasn't ruled out a return to the Braves yet. It's better that the Braves on with Gattis and Laird.

The Braves want to increase payroll by 10 million. If he wants to return, he may have to settle for like a 5 year deal worth 80 million.

He aint coming back, Braves will give him a qualifying offer and thats it.

On the Hudson front, the pitcher feels he has two or three more seasons left in the tank. How much would they want to invest in him if that is the case?

The Braves want to spend but in what direction?
I dont know how to talk to you

LOL

Arthur Blank just needs to buy the team so we can do some spending Ted Turner style.
THIS! PLEASE!
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Rob what are the angels gonna do!

The priority will be pitching but they will have to go the trade route to address it. Names like Trumbo,Kendrick, Bourjos and Ianetta are potential chess pieces to land their pitchers.
As a matter of fact, there have been inquiries about Conger as well.

Potential teams to watch the Angels may do business with are the Padres and Blue Jays.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal6m
Source: #Tigers to hire Ausmus as manager. First reported @AdamSpolane.
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]

James beats Rob to the big scoop. There is unrest in the WZ
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Rumors of Manny Machado to Cardinals (to play SS) for Miller and Martinez?

Thats only fair if neither one of Miller or Martinez pan out to be the kinds of prospects they were projected to be. Machado is a great young player, but trading 2 future ace type prospects seems counterproductive. Its almost like STL wants to do it so they wont have a crappy SS for once.

Besides, Manny Machado is by far and away the best defensive 3B in baseball. Seems like a waste to move him.

Until Machado develops HR power, I dont think hes worth 2 top pitching prospects.

James beats Rob to the big scoop. There is unrest in the WZ

Jcool beat him to it in the wrapup thread too...Rob sleeping on the job. mlb.com is going to replace him if he isnt the first to inform us next time.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Thats only fair if neither one of Miller or Martinez pan out to be the kinds of prospects they were projected to be. Machado is a great young player, but trading 2 future ace type prospects seems counterproductive. Its almost like STL wants to do it so they wont have a crappy SS for once.

Besides, Manny Machado is by far and away the best defensive 3B in baseball. Seems like a waste to move him.

Until Machado develops HR power, I dont think hes worth 2 top pitching prospects.

I think Baltimore would do that in a heartbeat. I think Martinez can be a #1 starter and Miller a 2 or 3. Its too much for the Cards to give up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I think Baltimore would do that in a heartbeat. I think Martinez can be a #1 starter and Miller a 2 or 3. Its too much for the Cards to give up.

Cards #1 pitching prospect coming into the season and pictured as a future ace...already won 15 games his rookie year...and he is suddenly a 2 or 3?
Link to this Machado rumor?

Cards #1 pitching prospect coming into the season and pictured as a future ace...already won 15 games his rookie year...and he is suddenly a 2 or 3?

Well.. your manager wasnt too impressed evidently since he never pitched him throughout the playoffs. I dont see Miller as an ace #1.
Share 49ersWebzone