49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 679 users in the forums

***Utah Jazz Thread ***

Can I just say how awesome Rudy is? We know about his defense, but he's worked hard on his offense this year. He's a great screen setter and is finishing at the rim much better this year, and he's worked hard on his free throw shot. He isn't going to win any games with his offense, but he is efficient as crap and plays his role well.

Currently averaging 2.01 PPS (points per shot). Next closest is DeAndre Jordan at 1.71.
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by saniner:
Can I just say how awesome Rudy is? We know about his defense, but he's worked hard on his offense this year. He's a great screen setter and is finishing at the rim much better this year, and he's worked hard on his free throw shot. He isn't going to win any games with his offense, but he is efficient as crap and plays his role well.

Currently averaging 2.01 PPS (points per shot). Next closest is DeAndre Jordan at 1.71.
The thing I like most as far as improvement is his hands. They've become day and night from last year. He used to be a little uncoordinated in that area being so tall and lengthy, but him fumbling the pass or getting stripped is something you rarely see now. We're definitely extremely lucky to have him. He's one of a kind in a lot of ways.
Another awesome, defensive win. Rudy has got to be an All Star this year
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Another awesome, defensive win. Rudy has got to be an All Star this year

I could see Gobert finishing 3rd in DPOY behind Draymond and Kawhi. He is a force in the middle
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Another awesome, defensive win. Rudy has got to be an All Star this year

I could see Gobert finishing 3rd in DPOY behind Draymond and Kawhi. He is a force in the middle

He really is and he's playing at the highest level of his career. He's improved so much.
I saw this earlier:

Rudy Gobert just held Marc Gasol to 4-of-22 shooting while putting up 21/12/3 (9/9 FG) himself



Now watching the game, you'll know Gasol missed a few wide open shots, but you can't ignore Gobert. Every center seems to have an off game vs him for some reason
[ Edited by saniner on Dec 19, 2016 at 8:52 AM ]
In 9 December games, Rudy Gobert is shooting 81% (47/58) from the field & forcing opposing centers to shoot a mere 41% (34/81)

#TakeNote
Originally posted by JustinMT:
In 9 December games, Rudy Gobert is shooting 81% (47/58) from the field & forcing opposing centers to shoot a mere 41% (34/81)

#TakeNote

I'll keep adding to these awesome stats...


Miami's Hassan Whiteside, Atlanta's Dwight Howard, Minnesota's Karl-Anthony Towns, Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins and Memphis' Gasol have averaged 11.2 points on 30.1 percent shooting in their matchups against Utah over the last month. Gobert's numbers in those five games, four of which Utah won: averages of 14 points, 13.2 rebounds and 4.0 blocks, hitting 77.4 percent of his field goal attempts
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
With the way Rudy's FG percentage keeps going up he has a shot at beating Wilt's 72.7% record.
Favors resting tonight. Sucks, but they aren't letting him play the second game of a back to back yet. I'm still excited for the game, and Draymond is still complaining about how coach snyder disrespected him or something.

Screw that guy
Lol that guy is A Sherman-level troll. I may not like him but he's damn good.
Originally posted by saniner:
Lol that guy is A Sherman-level troll. I may not like him but he's damn good.

Pretty much. I would hate him if I wasnt a Warriors fan. But I do love the way he plays with passion and energy every night.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Pretty much. I would hate him if I wasnt a Warriors fan. But I do love the way he plays with passion and energy every night.

It's how I felt about Karl Malone. Amazing player, but he played dirty.

I'd kill for Green on the Jazz. He'd make a perfect 4 for what Snyder wants, and playing next to Gobert would only make him more effective defensively.
Jesus
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone