There are 166 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by 4ML:
Lakers twitter has been hoping for Jazz to fire Snyder - so Lakers can replace Vogel with him. From distance - it feels like he'd be a significant upgrade over Vogel but your assessment of him not able to make adjustments and sub properly is very similar to what is the problem with Vogel.

Wonder how much of the problem is teams going small against Jazz and exploit Gobert away from the bucket and Jazz really not having anyone on the roster to negate that disadvantage.

I think like the Lakers - Jazz also has bunch of players who are only good one one end of the court and that does make adjustments/subs harder. What do you think of the roster construction vs coaching?

That has been part of the problem but its also a pure lack of effort. You have guys like DM and Clarkson who don't put in any effort on defense and an old man like Conley who you can't have out there for back to backs or even 35 minutes a game most nights. Whiteside was awesome at the start of the season, perfect backup center and the Jazz were rolling with Gobert resting. Ever since his bout with covid, he's been super inconsistent and injured.

As for the roster as a whole, I don't know. You look at it and the pieces are there that can help out on defense but Snyder won't play them. Paschall has provided some big energy when he comes in at times and then you won't really see him for several games after that, same goes for Jared Butler. If things are going s**tty why not see what kind of spark he can provide off the bench instead of Clarkson jacking up 3's every game. I do think Royce O'Neal needs to go though. he came in the same year as Don and he's just as dumb now on offense as he was then. He's either scared to shoot or careless with the ball, and his defense hasn't been near as good in the last year or two as it was when he first showed up. The loss of Bojan has been huge too, he's a difference maker on offense and I think Don gets into his obsession with hero ball when he's not out there. He just needs to accept that he's not Lebron, Michael, or Kobe, playing iso is a horrible weakness of his and he does so much better in clutch moments when they're moving the ball and playing in the offense.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Time to blow things up.

Snyder has completely lost the team and I don't really blame them. His inability to make adjustments and substitute properly has made his style a complete liability. Add in Donovan's hero ball b******t that has plagued this team the last couple years and its pathetic and sad that the most talented roster in Jazz history are a bunch of b***hes with an inept coach.

It might be a very long time before we get two regular all-stars on the same roster again. If we blow it up were basically conceding that were going back into irrelevance for years. Id hire a new coach first and see if we can salvage a Mitchell/Gobert led roster.

I don't know, I see a first round exit or even a second round exit just as irrelevant as going 12-70. It doesn't do anything but put more money in the owner's pockets so who cares? Snyder should be the first to go first and foremost, I agree but unless a severe makeover happens, this team will never compete with teams like Phoenix or apparently the Clippers.
Time to blow things up.

Snyder has completely lost the team and I don't really blame them. His inability to make adjustments and substitute properly has made his style a complete liability. Add in Donovan's hero ball b******t that has plagued this team the last couple years and its pathetic and sad that the most talented roster in Jazz history are a bunch of b***hes with an inept coach.

I agree with DM as well. I need to see him hustle more as well. I don't see him playing with the same intensity he did earlier in his career. A new coach to motivate him again could be the thing.

Yeah he's gotten a lot lazier once he started becoming a star and getting attention everywhere. He doesn't come across as the humble kid like he did his first couple years.
Best Jazz player in a movie since Celtic Pride.
15th loss of the season after having a double digit lead in the 4th quarter. Weak ass team.
Don averages 2 PASSES to Rudy a game. It's so absurd.

Shows just how filthy Phoenix has been in the 4th quarter this season.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Shows just how filthy Phoenix has been in the 4th quarter this season.

And how s**tty the Jazz are.

Donovan's response to the stat of him passing to Gobert only twice a game. He can talk about having the #1 offense but that doesn't really mean anything if you're collapsing in the 4th quarter every game becuase you prefer to play hero ball instead of the actual offense.
Joe may be injured but he's still out here killing people.

God i hate this team. Donovan can seriously f**k on off to New York or wherever. The dude is completely worthless in the 4th quarter. I don't know if he's doing this s**t on purpose or what but I don't trust him at all when the ball is in his hands in the 4th quarter. His hero ball nonsense has gotten so bad. I don't know if its the influence from Clarkson or Wade being in his ear, but he has went from being Mr. Second Half to Mr. Get Mine Early and Cruise.
Blow this s**t up.
Share 49ersWebzone