49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 513 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
When Miami's defense locks in, they're very hard to beat. That's what won them Game 7 against the Pacers as well.

Sometimes you gotta eat a turd sandwich. Makes the ribeye taste better the next time. Go 2013 49ers!!
Congrats 4ml and bball fans for a great series

Congrats to both the heat and spurs for great seasons.

Congrats Lebron

Go kings
"I cant worry about what everyone says about me. I'm LeBron James. From Akron, Ohio. From the inner city. I'm not even supposed to be here."
Sigh.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Should be captioned "How do u miss a layup"?
Lebron is the biggest person I have ever seen do the Euro step, twice last night.
Great season by the spurs. Hard to see those guys, pop & Duncan, etc. lose. Such class acts. Great series for fans to watch though. Lots of Highs and lows, one team is going to win, then the other, etc. Glad LeBron won another and that it was back to back. I don't know how much longer this team will keep winning without changing a piece. Hell, a lot of the role players are old so something has to change.

James answered his critics when he needed to but they won't admit it. Good for him. He is a great person and a great talent. (I could do with a few less drama faces during games, but most stars do it. He is just so animated when he does it its irritating)

Now bring the King to the Kings!

Go Kings!
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
^ I've been somewhat critical but mainly due to his reluctance to shoot that jumper. Dude can't be afraid to pop that. Series would have been over sooner IMO if he committed to that like he did last night. He always seemed hesitant to shoot, and last night talking to the tv I was like " see dude you can hit that!" He just needs to roll with this and keep improving on it. If he can dudes going to be an even bigger force with the complete package. Pretty scary.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.
It was a great series watched world wide. Many of us were standing in front of the television the last few minutes. My only critical observation is that this kind of intensity is lacking during the regular season. Whereas pro football is a grand production for 16 regular season games. The intensity is there each week. Basketball is playedy throughout Asia, where I am. It's simple, all you need is a hoop and a ball. When Yao Ming played an NBA game in China 350 million people watched it on TV. It is truly the International game. I love watching good basketball but I'll take a 49er game any day.
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.

I think things like this change once the player retired. When they are actually playing there are aspects any and everyone can pick apart. Once they leave people realize how amazingly good these guys were and what the game is missing without them. Look at Duncan, he's been nothing but great and people still don't recognize him for his greatness. Once he leaves people will realize what he really meant to the game and his team. As the saying song goes "you don't know what you got til it gone."
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It was a great series watched world wide. Many of us were standing in front of the television the last few minutes. My only critical observation is that this kind of intensity is lacking during the regular season. Whereas pro football is a grand production for 16 regular season games. The intensity is there each week. Basketball is playedy throughout Asia, where I am. It's simple, all you need is a hoop and a ball. When Yao Ming played an NBA game in China 350 million people watched it on TV. It is truly the International game. I love watching good basketball but I'll take a 49er game any day.

I love 49er football too, it's the greatest. But this Warriors run was so thrilling, and the finals were AMAZING. The NBA and the talent it holds right now is incredible, I love it. Now with Stern leaving, it can only get better. It's truly a great game again. I have no idea what I'm going to do the next few months lol, baseball bores the snot out of me.
Props to both teams for putting on a great show. I never had this much fun watching basketball in a long time. Could you imagine the s**t storm Lebron would be basking in right now by the media had the Heat lost game 6 after his two crucial turnovers late in the 4th? The scary thing is he knows he escaped a bullet and is going to be so much wiser and better going forward. If Wade can get back to 100% which he should can you say 3 in a row?
  • fropwns
  • The Last Fronin
  • Posts: 27,974
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Great season by the spurs. Hard to see those guys, pop & Duncan, etc. lose. Such class acts. Great series for fans to watch though. Lots of Highs and lows, one team is going to win, then the other, etc. Glad LeBron won another and that it was back to back. I don't know how much longer this team will keep winning without changing a piece. Hell, a lot of the role players are old so something has to change.

James answered his critics when he needed to but they won't admit it. Good for him. He is a great person and a great talent. (I could do with a few less drama faces during games, but most stars do it. He is just so animated when he does it its irritating)

Now bring the King to the Kings!

Go Kings!
This. Except that part about the Kings.
  • fropwns
  • The Last Fronin
  • Posts: 27,974
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its not hating on Lebron, its the fact that he couldn't tough it out in Cleveland and mature, you didn't see Jordan running to the Lakers or Celtics when he couldn't get past the Pistons of 1987-1990, instead Jordan matured, got tougher, Pippen matured and the whole team did also. I never doubted Lebron's talents, I just hate the way he left Cleveland high & dry, thats my only beef with liking him.

Lebron will get scrutinized whether he wins or loses and here is proof.

Big players like big cities. MJ was in Chicago already. If he was in Cleveland or Vancouver I'm sure he would have dipped out.

Shaquille Oneal left Orlando for LA and Bc of that he got his first 3 rings.

Why do people not rag on Shaq the same way? Bc people like Shaq and he didn't make a show out of the move.
As I recall there was a great deal of drama when he left Orlando. He was the most prized player, minus Michael, at the time. Shaq most certainly created drama when he left the Lakers. Did he do "the Decision?" No, but there was still some drama. More to your point. Lebron is polarizing for some. It is as if all NBA fans are closet Cav's fans. They are angry that he left his original team to pursue success elsewhere. I am happy for the guy. Good for him. He'll never match Jordan. Nor does he have to do it. All he needs to do is rack up as much hardware as possible and let the fans, pundits, etc decide once his career is over his place all-time.
[ Edited by fropwns on Jun 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone