LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
dominant outing by Strasburg who could've gone a CG, but only 3 K's against the Marlins?

they said on ESPN the Nationals are not "treating him like an ace"

Uh...then what is he? Lol he could have easily went CG

• jrg
  • Veteran
Burnett:

5IP 5H 2ER 1BB 10K

Losing 2-0
  • jrg
  • Veteran
dominant outing by Strasburg who could've gone a CG, but only 3 K's against the Marlins?

No need to go all out in the first game of the year and the Nationals have a bad ass bullpen.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

No need to go all out in the first game of the year and the Nationals have a bad ass bullpen.

You're right, but ESPN was saying this season they weren't gonna treat him like an ace. Thought he had no limitations this year.
The Mets are killing it on Opening Day, but then its the Padres.
Originally posted by robniner:
The Mets are killing it on Opening Day, but then its the Padres.

HGH
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by crzy:
Babseabll finances are all out of wack

Good defensive shorstop, aveage hitter = 120 million now

I think your definition of average hitter is out of whack

I know we're not in the steroid era anymore, but Andrus is not above average as a hitter.

That's taking positional scarcity too far

180 hits, .280+ avg, .350 obp who can steal 30 bases on average and doesn't strike out in triple digits over a course of season. He's above average hitter who is 24 and is improving.

It's a 8 year 120M extension - which kicks in after 2014 season. So, after factoring in his salaries for this year and next (he is clearly under-paid right now) - his new contract comes out to be 10 year 131M. He's worth $13M a year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran
Trout strikes out in his first at bat

BUST

Originally posted by Niners99:
PNC seems overrated. It always gets ranked in the top 3, but the structure of the stadium seems bland. Without the city skyline and bridge backdrop its generic. Plus the caliber of baseball thats been played there since it opened should drop it.

Have you ever been? I went a few years ago with some friends and it is unbelievable. Also have been to Milwaukee's stadium. That's a good one as well. Wish I would have checked out AT&T Park when I was in SF. Maybe soon. I've been to Busch Stadium, Kaufmann Stadium, PNC, Miller Park, and Wrigley Field now.

No, but the combination of the quality of play with the generic stadium design should matter.

Im biased though. If you ever get a chance to go to AT&T, do it. Its the most unique and classic baseball experience out there. Sit somewhere in the View Reserve 312-319 range (upper deck behind home), and its the best view in baseball imo.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
PNC seems overrated. It always gets ranked in the top 3, but the structure of the stadium seems bland. Without the city skyline and bridge backdrop its generic. Plus the caliber of baseball thats been played there since it opened should drop it.

Have you ever been? I went a few years ago with some friends and it is unbelievable. Also have been to Milwaukee's stadium. That's a good one as well. Wish I would have checked out AT&T Park when I was in SF. Maybe soon. I've been to Busch Stadium, Kaufmann Stadium, PNC, Miller Park, and Wrigley Field now.

No, but the combination of the quality of play with the generic stadium design should matter.

Im biased though. If you ever get a chance to go to AT&T, do it. Its the most unique and classic baseball experience out there. Sit somewhere in the View Reserve 305-315 range (upper deck behind home), and its the best view in baseball imo.

Come to Busch Stadium in a few years
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

BUST

He looks FAT
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

BUST

He looks FAT

They're saying its "muscle"

We'll see about that. Both him and Harper apparently bulked up. Harper's looked like muscle today

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
HGH
Share 49ersWebzone