There are 165 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Holy s**t. I had no idea I would be watching Kobe Bryant's final game tonight.

After a torn Achilles though, it's over. What a career. Nothing but the greatest respect for one of the greatest.

nice effort but this isn't an Alex Smith thread that you always troll, run along now
Kobe:

"I can hear it already. The pundits are going to be saying 'a guy his age is never gonna come back from this. Not at this age.'

I can hear it already. And it's fueling me already."
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Kobe:

"I can hear it already. The pundits are going to be saying 'a guy his age is never gonna come back from this. Not at this age.'

• Jiks
Kobe:

Good for him. I used to despise Kobe, but his fire and passion have led me to respect the s**t out of him.
Kobe:

Nice.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Kobe:

Nice.

Go to 6:11 of this vid. I was quoting a reporter on espn. It was sorta close:

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Kobe:

Nice.

Go to 6:11 of this vid. I was quoting a reporter on espn. It was sorta close:

Rooting for him big time to come back 100%
alright well its time to fire D'antoni for running Kobe into the ground
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

2nd that. But maybe they say hey let's run that nash/dwight combo since Kobe will be out, and they'll want him back.

2nd that. But maybe they say hey let's run that nash/dwight combo since Kobe will be out, and they'll want him back.

Dwight Howard as the #1 option now, oh boy.

It will be interesting to see
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I dunno!? Kobe was already saying he may retire after next season. A torn achillies takes a long while to heal, and even when it does it takes time like with Dwight(different injury)to get back into form. If he has to sit out half the year next year, will it be worth it? You can't question Kobe's desire, but he said he was already fed up with the grind every offseason and now he has to grind through just to get rehabilitated. I just remember Memo Okur tearing his in the playoffs and he tried to come back to no avail.

You just compared Mehmet Okur to Kobe f**king Bryant.
The sad thing is even though Kobe Bryant works as hard or harder than anybody, he would be better off coming off this injury with Okur's legs than his own. Bryant has a lot of hard miles on his legs from being in the NBA 17 years or so, logging lots of minutes, and flying through the air and landing on a hardwood floor. A slow footed guy like Okur with a 12" vertical didn't beat his legs up like Bryant did.
I hate Kobe but you never wanna see somebody get hurt. He won't go out like this. He will be back
Thanks for posting that video Stoney. I don't know how anyone can possibly hate this guy.

Ya, he was totally irresponsible with Kobe's minutes. Remember Kobe's ankle sprain against Atlanta? That was only a month ago. Most players would have still been sidelined from that. But in the month that's ensued, Kobe's gone from being a 38mpg guy to being a 48mpg player. That's just f**king retarded.

Considering how the body compensates, is it any shock that Kobe's left Achilles got torn after playing entire games on a gimpy left ankle?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone