LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Its really hard to get excited about a sport when you know that the NBA champ has to be one of 3 teams. With the Giants in the playoffs and the NFL in just week 3 who really gives a damn about the NBA.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Its really hard to get excited about a sport when you know that the NBA champ has to be one of 3 teams. With the Giants in the playoffs and the NFL in just week 3 who really gives a damn about the NBA.

yup..i agree

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Why you gotta bring down the whole mood of the thread man

I think everyone (even Laker and Heat fans) know that the NBA is a joke from a competitive standpoint.

But I'm going to try to enjoy this season regardless. The key word being "try" lol. At least while the Warriors still have hope of making things interesting.
I have to admit that I'm pretty excited to see what the Dubs can do. But being that the "reloaded" Lakers and Clippers are 1 & 2 in the Paciifc, it's gonna be tough to get into the postseason.
I already know that we're not going to win a championship, but the Dubs are still fun to watch when they're out on all cylinders. I'm excited to see a Curry/Bogut combo. I can't wait to see how Harrison Barnes progresses. And I look forward to Klay's development in his second year.
The NBA's the fairest of all sports, in terms of competitiveness. Baseball and football only award points for low-frequency events that (especially in baseball) are largely random. That's why the very best teams in baseball only win 60% of their games, despite it being an uncapped sport with a much larger discrepancy in payroll. Once baseball teams get to the playoffs, it's almost always just a matter of who gets hot. Football is less random, but the fact that they only play one game per round in the playoffs means that the title usually goes to the team that gets hot at the right time.

If you go down the list of NBA champions, most of the time you're gonna find the best team in the league that year. Not so much with the NFL & MLB. I like that the title goes to the best team in the NBA. A team shouldn't be able to barely squeak in the playoffs and then go down in the record books as being the champion that year...at least not very often. (see: Giants, New York)
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The NBA's the fairest of all sports, in terms of competitiveness. Baseball and football only award points for low-frequency events that (especially in baseball) are largely random. That's why the very best teams in baseball only win 60% of their games, despite it being an uncapped sport with a much larger discrepancy in payroll. Once baseball teams get to the playoffs, it's almost always just a matter of who gets hot. Football is less random, but the fact that they only play one game per round in the playoffs means that the title usually goes to the team that gets hot at the right time.

If you go down the list of NBA champions, most of the time you're gonna find the best team in the league that year. Not so much with the NFL & MLB. I like that the title goes to the best team in the NBA. A team shouldn't be able to barely squeak in the playoffs and then go down in the record books as being the champion that year...at least not very often. (see: Giants, New York)

I don't think NinerJohn was referring to on the court competitiveness. Rather competitiveness among different franchises in terms of acquiring talent.

On the court, yes, the NBA champion is often the clearest and most deserving victor.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]

i agree.. bet you'll watch still though..
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Sep 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:

I don't think NinerJohn was referring to on the court competitiveness. Rather competitiveness among different franchises in terms of acquiring talent.

On the court, yes, the NBA champion is often the clearest and most deserving victor.

Which makes watching the season a complete waste of time.

Unless we draft Jabari Parker
[ Edited by YungAce on Sep 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM ]

It's still fairer than baseball in terms of acquiring talent.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Stopped reading at the bold then lol'd
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LA is right above. Talent decides the outcome of NBA games.

There's a reason why almost every NBA title in the past 20 years has gone to Magic, Bird, Isiah, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, and Lebron.

It's because in the NBA, the most talented players/teams always come out on top after an 82 game season and four best-of-7 playoff series.

This is a side note: but the one thing that annoys me almost more than anything is people who constantly b***h about NBA referees.

It's a recurring theme in every single meaningful basketball game. The crying fans combined with the look of shock/horror/screaming on every single NBA player's face when they get called for any foul perpetuates the myth that referee calls decide the outcome of every NBA game.

Talent decides wins and losses in the NBA.

Sadly, all that talent wants to team in Los Angeles or Miami.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
LA is right above. Talent decides the outcome of NBA games.

There's a reason why almost every NBA title in the past 20 years has gone to Magic, Bird, Isiah, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, and Lebron.

It's because in the NBA, the most talented players/teams always come out on top after an 82 game season and four best-of-7 playoff series.

This is a side note: but the one thing that annoys me almost more than anything is people who constantly b***h about NBA referees.

It's a recurring theme in every single meaningful basketball game. The crying fans combined with the look of shock/horror/screaming on every single NBA player's face when they get called for any foul perpetuates the myth that referee calls decide the outcome of every NBA game.

Talent decides wins and losses in the NBA.

Sadly, all that talent wants to team in Los Angeles or Miami.

Can't disagree with that
This whole gangnam ish is annoying, but I thought I'd post this vid cuz of how smokin our cheerleaders look

Share 49ersWebzone